Co Tyrone PSNI stop and search - English guy says No to stop and search

Started by Fuzzman, November 21, 2016, 01:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

It looks like they do have the power:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/nisi/1989/1341/article/3

But they probably regretted it when they heard his english accent. Anyway, if they guy had nothing to hide then why all the fuss?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

MoChara

Quote from: Orior on November 21, 2016, 01:23:22 PM
It looks like they do have the power:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/nisi/1989/1341/article/3

But they probably regretted it when they heard his english accent. Anyway, if they guy had nothing to hide then why all the fuss?

its a slippy slope though from why the fuss if you've nothing to hide, to other invasions of privacy.

Orior

The law is slightly different in Angerland:

QuoteYou can only be stopped and searched without reasonable grounds if it has been approved by a senior police officer. This can happen if it is suspected that: serious violence could take place. you're carrying a weapon or have used one.

Don't know what a senior officer is.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Jim_Murphy_74

For almost 100 years
HMG has granted agents of the state in Northern Ireland extra powers. This policy was to allow them harass uppity Taigs to ensure they knew their place. However if said laws are applied to loyal subjects of her Majesty,  particularly real subjects coming from the mainland then said powers will require review by HMG.

/Jim.

OgraAnDun

I think your man was being a gobshite. No matter whether you're a fan of the PSNI or not, you can understand their concern that someone "on the phone" could simply be taking a video or photos of the barracks ready for the next Massereene style attack as they leave after their shift is over. They didn't really manhandle him and were pretty polite the whole way through.

thebuzz

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 21, 2016, 05:35:24 PM
I think your man was being a gobshite. No matter whether you're a fan of the PSNI or not, you can understand their concern that someone "on the phone" could simply be taking a video or photos of the barracks ready for the next Massereene style attack as they leave after their shift is over. They didn't really manhandle him and were pretty polite the whole way through.

If it was me I'd have told them what I was doing, laughed and held my hands up to be searched. But we're used to this type of scenario over the years. Very few of your average citizens in England would have come across anything like this.

stew

Quote from: thebuzz on November 21, 2016, 05:53:01 PM

If it was me I'd have told them what I was doing, laughed and held my hands up to be searched. But we're used to this type of scenario over the years. Very few of your average citizens in England would have come across anything like this.

If you dressed like a Muslim man they would have shit themselves rather than stopped you, funny that!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Up The Middle

That clown has numerous videos on u tube of him recording cops on his phone. He seems to go out of his way to get into bother and record it. clown
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

oisinog

He knew exactly what he was doing.

I remember a guy was over from Europe training us for work and he went on the hop on hop off tour in belfast.

He got lifted by the cops for taking photos of a police station that was paint bombed the night before. They asked him to delete all his photos and sent him on his way when they realised he didnt know he was doing anything worg

GJL

Quote from: Up The Middle on November 22, 2016, 08:14:30 AM
That clown has numerous videos on u tube of him recording cops on his phone. He seems to go out of his way to get into bother and record it. clown

Seen him before. As far as I remember he has a previous record for firearms. A complete attention seeking knob.

illdecide

Lol...they knew they were on camera. I've seen issues like that dealt with a lot different
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

MoChara

Surely between google street view and google earth the dissidents don't have to take photos of the cop shops any more.

armaghniac

Quote from: MoChara on November 22, 2016, 02:16:57 PM

Surely between google street view and google earth the dissidents don't have to take photos of the cop shops any more.

Indeed, what with dash cams, and cameras small enough to fit into a button, any "terrorists" that are ostentatiously photographing copshops need a bit of tech training.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on November 21, 2016, 03:47:01 PM
The law is slightly different in Angerland:

QuoteYou can only be stopped and searched without reasonable grounds if it has been approved by a senior police officer. This can happen if it is suspected that: serious violence could take place. you're carrying a weapon or have used one.

Don't know what a senior officer is.

That s real English authority talking. But in England the police and the people mostly have the same religion.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU