TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Came across The Last Man On Earth recently and watched the first 2.5 seasons. Found it enjoyable, although the Will Forte character gets a little grating at times early on. 82% on Rotten Tomatoes. Good laugh.

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 05:12:31 PM
Came across The Last Man On Earth recently and watched the first 2.5 seasons. Found it enjoyable, although the Will Forte character gets a little grating at times early on. 82% on Rotten Tomatoes. Good laugh.
Watched it for a bit but got bored of it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Finished season 2 of Fortitude it's completely bonkers and not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it!

It's fairly heavy on the gore from day 1 so stay away if you have a weak stomach!!!

bennydorano

Finished Fortitude S2, much better than S1, but still so so.

It's like a show that had everything in place, big budgets, big names, locations - but the script was secondary.

Tony Baloney

Anyone watch Designated Survivor?

laoislad

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 01, 2017, 11:46:46 PM

It started slow enough but has built up nicely and has potential to be a decent show. Its currently on a mid series break. I think there was a bit of chat about it on here a few pages back.

JoG2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 01, 2017, 11:46:46 PM

good show, though would disagree a wee bit with Boycey, thought it moved fairly fast, with good cliffhangers from the first episode

JimStynes

Not too fussed on it to be honest. Bit silly at times.

JimStynes

Anyone watched Aquarius yet? It's on Netflix.

square_ball

Anybody still watching suits since it's come back on? It's so shit now but going to stick with it as I really want it to get back to its better days. I can't see how it will yet.

JimStynes

Quote from: square_ball on February 05, 2017, 04:58:05 PM
Anybody still watching suits since it's come back on? It's so shit now but going to stick with it as I really want it to get back to its better days. I can't see how it will yet.

I am the same. It is a complete load of shite, but yet i still watch it.

bennydorano

Watched SAS - Rogue Warriors (3 episodes on BBC iplayer), very interesting. Concentrates on their formation and only deals with WW2 Activities. Paddy Mayne was certainly an interesting character / leader. Thinking of buying a Biography now.

laoislad

Finished season 2 of the Man in the High Castle last night. Excellent.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: laoislad on February 21, 2017, 08:21:17 PM
Finished season 2 of the Man in the High Castle last night. Excellent.
Would agree overall, was a bit slow at times in some of the earlier episodes but finished very very strong