China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 14, 2020, 06:29:14 PM
A mini outbreak in a mushroom factory today in Tipperary. They announce they will shut and do a deep clean of the plant. If they shut for 3 days is there any need to do a deep clean? The virus can survive on various surfaces for up to three days.

They should be fine on Monday unless they are cooling the place which might allow the virus last longer.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2020, 06:00:50 PM
You a
Quote from: sid waddell on August 14, 2020, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2020, 04:33:34 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 14, 2020, 04:13:03 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 14, 2020, 04:06:05 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 14, 2020, 03:49:14 PM
32 years old

But I thought Covid wasn't dangerous to young people - well, at least that's what some posters here have been saying

http://www.ballymenaguardian.co.uk/news/2020/08/14/gallery/all-at-nobel-cafe-utterly-heartbroken-by-death-of-dear-friend-and-colleague-10886/

It might help you grasp things better if you think of it like this:

Being 32 years old would never be construed as a dangerous age. But 32 year olds do die.

——

Unless you've some evidence that being 32 is a more lethal age now than it has been in recent years, you should probably try a different line of argument.

Woah, the professional contrarian strikes again in an effort to prove that Covid is nothing to worry about.

Absolutely weird the emotional investment some people have in trying to prove that wrong is right.

As a demonstration of Dunning-Kruger, you're a beaut.

Ah the Dunning Krueger response. The "here's one I made earlier" for Internet debaters.

I'm not trying to prove anything. You are. You are trying to prove that Covid is a serious issue for young people. Your evidence was a solitary, poorly written, poorly researched piece of gutter journalism regarding a single person.

I am fully entitled to deflect nonsense like this into the "would your ever wise your f**king head up" pile.

Now stop calling me names. Humour me. Tell me why Covid is dangerous for young people, while bearing in mind that young people die every hour of the day from all sorts of causes.
I think it's fairly obvious you're trying to prove you're an idiot, and you're doing a damn fine job, as you have been for long, long time on this forum with your empty trolling.

My word, a workplace and a local newspaper reporting the death of a young person from Covid is now called "gutter journalism" by you.

Some people hate facts, though, don't they, especially when they're trying to push a Brendan O'Neill Spiked Online view of the world and reality intrudes on that little trolling fantasy.

I take it you are aware that you tried to position a newspaper article with no research or proof as a fact?

Hypocrite too.
This guy wobbler apparently knows more than the dead woman's parents

Did somebody say "know it all"?

Farrandeelin

A mini outbreak in a mushroom factory today in Tipperary. They announce they will shut and do a deep clean of the plant. If they shut for 3 days is there any need to do a deep clean? The virus can survive on various surfaces for up to three days.

Talk of Tipp going into lockdown now too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

6th sam

Quote from: sid waddell on August 15, 2020, 11:06:00 AM
You a
32 years old

But I thought Covid wasn't dangerous to young people - well, at least that's what some posters here have been saying

http://www.ballymenaguardian.co.uk/news/2020/08/14/gallery/all-at-nobel-cafe-utterly-heartbroken-by-death-of-dear-friend-and-colleague-10886/

Being 32 years old would never be construed as a dangerous age. But 32 year olds do die.

——

Unless you've some evidence that being 32 is a more lethal age now than it has been in recent years, you should probably try a different line of argument.

Woah, the professional contrarian strikes again in an effort to prove that Covid is nothing to worry about.

Absolutely weird the emotional investment some people have in trying to prove that wrong is right.

Ah the Dunning Krueger response. The "here's one I made earlier" for Internet debaters.

I'm not trying to prove anything. You are. You are trying to prove that Covid is a serious issue for young people. Your evidence was a solitary, poorly written, poorly researched piece of gutter journalism regarding a single person.

I am fully entitled to deflect nonsense like this into the "would your ever wise your f**king head up" pile.

Now stop calling me names. Humour me. Tell me why Covid is dangerous for young people, while bearing in mind that young people die every hour of the day from all sorts of causes.
I think it's fairly obvious you're trying to prove you're an idiot, and you're doing a damn fine job, as you have been for long, long time on this forum with your empty trolling.

My word, a workplace and a local newspaper reporting the death of a young person from Covid is now called "gutter journalism" by you.

Some people hate facts, though, don't they, especially when they're trying to push a Brendan O'Neill Spiked Online view of the world and reality intrudes on that little trolling fantasy.

I take it you are aware that you tried to position a newspaper article with no research or proof as a fact?

Hypocrite too.

Wobbler is merely analysing the info in the article posted. It's vitally important that the accuracy , veracity and context of any death potentially related to Covid is held up to scrutiny. Wobbler is correct in saying that younger people can die unexpectedly for any number of reasons. What we do know is that deaths due to Covid in young healthy people appears to be rare , even on a global scale. This has been a challenging time , and we are learning more about this virus and the effects of lockdown each day. If premature and possibly inaccurate or over exaggerated assumptions are Made about deaths at this time, it can create unnecessary alarm, and potentially bring back further restrictions which have massive implications for health. If Covid related news or stories are not subject to scrutiny , then it's a free-for-all of "bad science". Calm reflection and decisions based on appropriate scientific evidence is essential. High expressed emotion and "Covid blaming" is likely to be counterproductive .

sid waddell

Quote from: 6th sam on August 15, 2020, 01:40:22 PM
You a
32 years old

——

Hypocrite too.

Wobbler is merely analysing the info in the article posted. It's vitally important that the accuracy , veracity and context of any death potentially related to Covid is held up to scrutiny. Wobbler is correct in saying that younger people can die unexpectedly for any number of reasons. What we do know is that deaths due to Covid in young healthy people appears to be rare , even on a global scale. This has been a challenging time , and we are learning more about this virus and the effects of lockdown each day. If premature and possibly inaccurate or over exaggerated assumptions are Made about deaths at this time, it can create unnecessary alarm, and potentially bring back further restrictions which have massive implications for health. If Covid related news or stories are not subject to scrutiny , then it's a free-for-all of "bad science". Calm reflection and decisions based on appropriate scientific evidence is essential. High expressed emotion and "Covid blaming" is likely to be counterproductive .
Wobbler has had a consistent agenda to downplay the severity and risk of the virus for months now, including "just putting it out there" that masks are bad for you

It's classic far right narrativising - use fog, deflection, trigger words, passive aggressiveness, straw men and general trolling in order to confuse

Young people dying from Covid offends his confirmation bias which determines what he wants to believe

Generally I find that whatever side of an argument Wobbler decides to pick will be the wrong one - some people, for whatever reason, just decide to be like that, but they shouldn't think others don't see them for what they are

Contrarianism if used well can be a valuable quality, consistent contrarianism on everything just makes you an arsehole who should be ignored, and that's what Wobbler is

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 15, 2020, 01:00:47 PM

Talk of Tipp going into lockdown now too.

I doubt that unless their cluster becomes hard to control. This chap keeps track of the current situation. Laois restrictions will soon be lifted if cases continue to drop while Carlow are the next county in danger of having restrictions applied.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 15, 2020, 03:19:09 PM
I doubt that unless their cluster becomes hard to control. This chap keeps track of the current situation. Laois restrictions will soon be lifted if cases continue to drop while Carlow are the next county in danger of having restrictions applied.

Even Carlow has come down, although only marginally, which should save them.

thewobbler

Quote from: sid waddell on August 15, 2020, 03:18:57 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on August 15, 2020, 01:40:22 PM
You a
32 years old

——

Hypocrite too.

Wobbler has had a consistent agenda to downplay the severity and risk of the virus for months now, including "just putting it out there" that masks are bad for you

It's classic far right narrativising - use fog, deflection, trigger words, passive aggressiveness, straw men and general trolling in order to confuse

Young people dying from Covid offends his confirmation bias which determines what he wants to believe

Generally I find that whatever side of an argument Wobbler decides to pick will be the wrong one - some people, for whatever reason, just decide to be like that, but they shouldn't think others don't see them for what they are

Contrarianism if used well can be a valuable quality, consistent contrarianism on everything just makes you an arsehole who should be ignored, and that's what Wobbler is

Absolutely none of this deflects from the fact that you cherrypicked an isolated and poorly researched article as evidence that Covid is dangerous to young people. You so badly want to prove yourself right that you're now incapable of evaluating content. I'd have much more respect for you if just this once admitted that it wasn't your best hour. Then move on.

Rossfan

200 new cases in the 26 :(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on August 15, 2020, 06:23:41 PM
200 new cases in the 26 :(

Should have been 130 each the last two days. Yesterday under reported and today over reported.  260 cases from over 21,000 tests the last 48hrs.  Kildare still showing high daily cases with 81 today.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

All the same with 65 in the 6, which is equally bad, there are now 25 times as many cases as when things were better.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on August 15, 2020, 08:09:23 PM
All the same with 65 in the 6, which is equally bad, there are now 25 times as many cases as when things were better.

Has the death rate went down from when it started in comparison to current rates?

What I'm trying to say is it high cases far less death rate?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2020, 10:51:44 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 15, 2020, 08:09:23 PM

Has the death rate went down from when it started in comparison to current rates?

What I'm trying to say is it high cases far less death rate?

The reported death rate is a combination of the actual death rate and the proportion of people that you manage to test. Testing has improved so the number of reported cases has gone up relative to deaths. In addition, the age profile of the people getting it is different, you have a different outcome in a factory than and old folks home. And last but not least people don't die for a month.

Cunny Funt

Cases in the ROI this week =557 (7 more than last week)
Deaths reported = 2 ( I think all 2 deaths happened months ago)

Last week around 30,000 tests was carried out compared to near 50,000 in the last 7 days.

highorlow

Good news another day without a death.

Bad news 8 in ICU and 21 in hospital (I don't know if that's 29 in total in hospital).
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go