Club Championships

Started by Milltown Row2, August 01, 2010, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Was on the Paddy Power website there and noticed that they have the betting in for the club championships in football and hurling. Crossmaglen are 8/15 St Galls are 1/7 Cargin 7/2 Pearse Og 7/4 St Vincents 5/4 Corifin 4/5, loads of other prices out there also.

could we get a handle on who you think will win your county championhips in hurling and football?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TacadoirArdMhacha

I'd find it difficult to look past Cross in Armagh. Only lost one match in the League all year. The Ógs will struggle to get Ronan Clarke fit I would have thought. If so, you'd have to fancy the Rangers.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

shark

Westmeath odds not up at the moment, but were a couple of weeks ago.  Garrycastle were about even money at the time.  They will win it more than likely.  Evens is actually good odds on them if you can get it.  Mullingar Shamrocks have the players to challenge them and were about 3/1, but they have failed to deliver previous years.  Nobody else has a hope, in my opinion.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 01, 2010, 10:48:21 PM
I'd find it difficult to look past Cross in Armagh. Only lost one match in the League all year. The Ógs will struggle to get Ronan Clarke fit I would have thought. If so, you'd have to fancy the Rangers.
x2
Funny how the team that beat them is an intermediate side... says a lot about Armagh football!
I would expect the main challengers to be Pearse Og and Dromintee, and maybe yourselves as an outside bet. Very impressed with you're recent form.

Milltown Row2

Yes heard they were playing well. Point to prove this year (though their record is amazing) Corifin and Portlaois could also be contenders.

no value for us, Cargin great value at 7/2

clontibert and Nemo could all be added
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shark

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2010, 10:57:13 PM

clontibert and Nemo could all be added

Nemo may benefit from having less on the Cork panel than previous years.  Think they only have 3.  Masters has a point to prove no doubt.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: fitzroyalty on August 01, 2010, 10:55:48 PM
x2
Funny how the team that beat them is an intermediate side... says a lot about Armagh football!
I would expect the main challengers to be Pearse Og and Dromintee, and maybe yourselves as an outside bet. Very impressed with you're recent form.

Must say I'm optimistic myself. very good run over the past 2 months and the defeat on Friday night won't have done us a button of harm. That said, Cullyhanna v Clans is a 50 / 50 match but if we can get past that one and avoid Cross in the draw you never know where we'd end up. Might have a small wager on us at 25/1.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Applesisapples

x2
Says more about the lack of fairness where Division 1 teams in Armagh can play intermediate.

Lecale2

I backed An Riocht in the Down SFC.

Real outsiders at 16/1 but they did win Div 1 a couple of years ago and have 3 or 4 men on the County team. With Marty Clarke back and in form I think they are great value at 16/1.

Milltown Row2

aye but pedigree usually comes to the fore and they are a bit young (of late) in terms of winning championships.

but at that price good value.

who'll come out of Tyrone? Dromore, Ardboe Carrickmore?

Club Rossa

Tyrone championship hard to call.I would say 6 of the 8 remaining teams are good enough to win it,but personally i think Dromore are still the team to beat.

Canalman

In Dublin imo

Football   Klmacud Crokes
Hurling    BBSE

bennydorano

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 01, 2010, 10:59:24 PM
x2

Must say I'm optimistic myself. very good run over the past 2 months and the defeat on Friday night won't have done us a button of harm. That said, Cullyhanna v Clans is a 50 / 50 match but if we can get past that one and avoid Cross in the draw you never know where we'd end up. Might have a small wager on us at 25/1.
If Cross and Ogs end up in the same half of the draw there's a county final spot there for the taking for any one of 5 or 6 teams.  25/1 is good value.  The Ogs have a few injuries and they were men possessed last year, will they have the same fight in them this year - I personally doubt it.  Hard to know where the Harps are at, mxing the very good with the really bad in nearly every game.

Milltown Row2

Antrim Hurling Championship

Dunloy  15/8
Cushendall    9/4
Loughgiel    9/4
Glenariffe    13/2
Ballycastle    9/1
O'Donovan Rossa 12/1

very competitive market.

Farrandeelin

Castlebar Mitchels in Mayo probably. :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.