Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 25, 2020, 05:44:37 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 25, 2020, 09:25:01 AM
I can not speak for Trillick but Loughmacrory were training individually or with siblings doing individual weight sessions or running. The weight sessions are still individual but the running has increased to smaller groups within the confines of guidelines. Is there a problem with this?
Yes. Small group training is not allowed, yet.

Depends on context. Training on any GAA ground, not allowed as per direction to July 20th or something like that.

Meeting up in a park, field etc, group of 6 socially distanced. No problem and you can probably argue, not a GAA issue.

GetOverTheBar

Good news. Looking forward to getting back at it.

Goals_Will_Come

Be interesting to see what format the rest of their year takes.
Personally I would like to see the league played off as the old style League cups, with 4 groups of 4 with top 2 going through. Be a good competition prior to the championship that will run as usual. Would disagree with changing the format of the championship from straight knockout, hopefully it doesn't come to that.

smort

I don't see how this can work for everyone...we have a doctor, a couple of pharmacists, couple of care assistants...are these guys going to be able to return to playing? What do people do if they live with someone in the vulnerable category? I don't mean to be all doom and gloom

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: smort on June 03, 2020, 05:13:46 PM
I don't see how this can work for everyone...we have a doctor, a couple of pharmacists, couple of care assistants...are these guys going to be able to return to playing? What do people do if they live with someone in the vulnerable category? I don't mean to be all doom and gloom

Presumably it'll be up to every player to decide what is right for them. If not, I'm sure they'll not be pressured by anyone. The GAA replies on voluntary participation, that extends to playing and management of games so I don't see it being a problem if players opt out on that basis.

The first month will likely be non contact etc to build up trust anyway.

GlenMan

As long as social distancing is in place - which is likely to be the rest of this year at a minimum - then there will be no games.

Perhaps non-contact training will be allowed in small groups but that's it.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GlenMan on June 04, 2020, 12:23:36 PM
As long as social distancing is in place - which is likely to be the rest of this year at a minimum - then there will be no games.

Social distancing is gone and over. We all do it, or we don't. This was Belfast yesturday -

GlenMan

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 04, 2020, 12:32:34 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on June 04, 2020, 12:23:36 PM

Social distancing is gone and over. We all do it, or we don't. This was Belfast yesturday -

It's not "gone or over" and I don't think you can say that after one protest. Yes it has broken down in places but the GAA is not going to come out against Government policy and tell amateur Players to ignore the guidance.

That is not going to happen. Croke Park will also be taking into account liability issues - what happens when someone gets Covid after playing, full squads having to isolate, loss of earnings, insurance claims etc etc.

They're going to very conservatively allow walking tracks to open for only four hours a day and fully supervised from next week. Does that seem like an organisation that'll throw caution to the wind and go against Government social distancing guidance?

GetOverTheBar

Every whisper and report and leak coming out is, it's happening. In what format we don't yet know, but it's happening.

The GAA, like everything else, can't exist without income.

Localexpert

I see Steven McDoll$r crying in the irish examiner yesterday about not getting looked after well enough by adidas when he was a player.  He must love making money out of the GAA.

tiempo

Quote from: Localexpert on June 04, 2020, 03:43:21 PM
I see Steven McDoll$r crying in the irish examiner yesterday about not getting looked after well enough by adidas when he was a player.  He must love making money out of the GAA.

The website isn't going to pay for itself...

https://www.stevenmcdonnell.ie/

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: tiempo on June 04, 2020, 04:24:02 PM

The website isn't going to pay for itself...

https://www.stevenmcdonnell.ie/

Local Expert going to go on a serious rant this year if the Rahillys don't win the O'Neill Cup  ;D

Christmas Lights

Link to the article?  What did he say?  Didn't realise Stevie was doing motivational speaking, always thought he was a joiner.

Goals_Will_Come

The GAA announced this evening that club action will commence nationally on July 31st, with Intercounty games due to begin on October 17th. GAA Pitch's will open on June 28th but with no contact training permitted. Full training will be allowed from July 20th.
Club window to last 11 weeks before Inter-County start on Saturday October 17th.