Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man Marker

Ok who are the managers of the senior clubs for the year?

Ardboe          Seamus Doyle/Barry Dillon
Moy              Niall O'Neill/Brian Taggart
Donaghmore Sean Mc Cabe
Errigal          Ronan Mc Guckian
Clonoe          Damian Cassidy
Carrickmore  Brian Gromley
Moortown      Chris Lawn
Cookstown    John Mc Keever
Coalisland ?
Dromore ?
Omagh ?
Augher ?
Eglish ?
Strabane ?
Eskra ?
Killyclogher ?

bigfrank

Quote from: the_daddy on February 11, 2014, 03:52:31 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on February 11, 2014, 03:34:29 PM
Ok who are the managers of the senior clubs for the year?

Donaghmore Sean Mc Cabe
Moortown      Chris Lawn
Coalisland ? Brian McGuckin and Richard Thornton
Dromore ? Audi Kelly and Paul Rouse
Omagh ? Larry Strain
Augher ? Colm McCaughey
Eglish ?
Strabane ? Palor McNulty
Eskra ? Paul Feeney and Archie Beattie
Killyclogher ? Kieran Howe

I heard Cricko isn't with Moortown this year - it's Paddy McGuckin I think. Others added in italics going on different speculation / bullshit

Eglish manager is your fella clarke,ronan clarkes father who was over carmen a few years back,adrian is it??

Man Marker

Donaghmore Sean Mc Cabe
Moortown      Chris Lawn
Coalisland ? Brian McGuckin and Richard Thornton
Dromore ? Audi Kelly and Paul Rouse
Omagh ?    Larry Strain
Augher ?    Colm McCaughey
Eglish ?         Adrian Clarke
Strabane ? Palor McNulty
Eskra ?      Paul Feeney and Archie Beattie
Killyclogher ? Kieran Howe

Brian Mc Guckian, a cousin fo Ronans?

Draws for the championship tonight. They would need to give dates for the first round to be fair to the clubs. Hopefully the performance of the CCC will be well improved fom last years show.

I heard Cricko isn't with Moortown this year - it's Paddy McGuckin I think. Others added in italics going on different speculation / bullshit
[/quote]

blewuporstuffed

i heard Feeney isnt back with Eskra this year, but not sure if theres any truth in that.

hasn't been much chat about the draw, it really should be hyped a wee bit more to build a bit of anticipation for the championship.
Even if it was drawn the night before the first round of league games, that would create a bit of a buzz for the start of the leagues aswell.

Not sure why its so early this year, they must need to know the championship pairings to plan the league fixtures?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bigfrank

I can 100% confirm paul feeney is back with eskra,chatting to a player at weekend

Under Lights

What about D2 and D3 managers. I heard Killeeshil's championship winning manager, Seamie McCallion isnt returning due to family reasons. Dutchy is the man in charge this year.

LeoMc

omagh_gael

Any of the Clonoe lads hear what the craic is regarding Dan McNulty's injury? Would be great to see him get a run out in the league for Tyrone.

Walter Cronc

Thoughts on this article?

I'VE READ and heard so many times over the past year or so about people singing the praises of Tyrone's training and GAA complex at Garvaghey. And rightly so in some respects, as it took great vision and leadership to make such a bold leap, a bit like the development of Croke Park in many ways.
But the fact is that there's an awful lot of work to be done up there if they are to make it a really top notch set-up.
Yes, it's a great facility, but the first big mistake they made was with the location. When you're standing at Garvaghey and looking around you at eye level, there's a reason why the only thing you see are wind turbines. Even on the hottest day of summer I still think there'd be a wind up there, testing conditions, and that makes it hugely difficult to try and get good preparations in when accurate passing is such a key aspect of your game.
Yes, there are trees planted and the likes which should in the long term help to shelter the place a bit from the elements, but that's 30 years down the line and global warming might have taken care of the problem by then anyway!
What it is sorely missing is an indoor arena. You look at what is in Lavey, or the Meadowvale in Magherafelt and at the Mid-Ulster Sports Arena in Cookstown. It's an indoor pitch where you are sheltered from the elements, where Mickey Harte or any other coach could take his players for a session, or for stretching, or anything else they wanted to do without sending the players out into the sort of arctic conditions we've seen in recent weeks.
You look at the building, which looks great from above, but realistically who is going to see it from above and the shape of the Celtic 'T'? Unless you're in your private helicopter or plane, or you're a bird, then it's not really going to make that much of a difference to you. What it has meant is that for the sake of a fancy architectural design, we have a building which doesn't have a single square room or straightforward corner, everything a mix-up of odd shapes.
There should be a big hall where teams can operate, do circuits or gym work or whatever they have to do, but it was sacrificed for an auditorium. When I was there, it seemed like the gym equipment had all just been piled into the one room. There is no specific gym lay-out, instead the equipment all crammed into a room which was originally intended for storage.
It's a great place for seminars, for county board meetings, and the administrative offices and board room look really well. But at the end of the day this is supposed to be a place for training and developing footballers to help them be the best that they can be. Is it focused on admin or on the players?
At the minute, I would actually say that it trails behind Derry's new Owenbeg complex from a player's point of view. It's a start, a solid start, but there is so much more that could be done and needs to be done. The next challenge to the Tyrone fraternity is to make that happen.
I think it's all part of a bigger picture for Tyrone GAA. It frustrates me every time I hear or read about the good work which Tyrone people are doing elsewhere, with other counties benefiting from their experience and their expertise.
Take Peter Donnelly for example. He's getting huge credit for the work he is doing with Cavan, a real driving force behind their emergence as a real footballing powerhouse again. He's going around schools, working with their development squads, and working with the senior team to help get the very best out of them. He's even going to meet up with players at their universities for one-to-one sessions to work on particular aspects of their game.
But he's doing it with Cavan, not with Tyrone. We should be bending over backwards to get men like that involved in our county set-ups. There is certainly the opportunity for him to be working with Tyrone.
We can see Cavan and other counties like Dublin who are constantly moving forward, but are we in Tyrone standing still? It's areas like these where investment should be made, and it frustrates me when I see money being forked out on stupid things. I've seen that Donnelly has gone as far as visiting the training facilities of some of the top sports clubs in Europe, drawing on their expertise. Who are we sending to Bayern Munich training to see what we can learn from it? There is so much there that could be done, and we're not doing it. It's time for some outside the box thinking.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 16, 2014, 11:48:24 AM
Thoughts on this article?

I'VE READ and heard so many times over the past year or so about people singing the praises of Tyrone's training and GAA complex at Garvaghey. And rightly so in some respects, as it took great vision and leadership to make such a bold leap, a bit like the development of Croke Park in many ways.
But the fact is that there's an awful lot of work to be done up there if they are to make it a really top notch set-up.
Yes, it's a great facility, but the first big mistake they made was with the location. When you're standing at Garvaghey and looking around you at eye level, there's a reason why the only thing you see are wind turbines. Even on the hottest day of summer I still think there'd be a wind up there, testing conditions, and that makes it hugely difficult to try and get good preparations in when accurate passing is such a key aspect of your game.
Yes, there are trees planted and the likes which should in the long term help to shelter the place a bit from the elements, but that's 30 years down the line and global warming might have taken care of the problem by then anyway!
What it is sorely missing is an indoor arena. You look at what is in Lavey, or the Meadowvale in Magherafelt and at the Mid-Ulster Sports Arena in Cookstown. It's an indoor pitch where you are sheltered from the elements, where Mickey Harte or any other coach could take his players for a session, or for stretching, or anything else they wanted to do without sending the players out into the sort of arctic conditions we've seen in recent weeks.
You look at the building, which looks great from above, but realistically who is going to see it from above and the shape of the Celtic 'T'? Unless you're in your private helicopter or plane, or you're a bird, then it's not really going to make that much of a difference to you. What it has meant is that for the sake of a fancy architectural design, we have a building which doesn't have a single square room or straightforward corner, everything a mix-up of odd shapes.
There should be a big hall where teams can operate, do circuits or gym work or whatever they have to do, but it was sacrificed for an auditorium. When I was there, it seemed like the gym equipment had all just been piled into the one room. There is no specific gym lay-out, instead the equipment all crammed into a room which was originally intended for storage.
It's a great place for seminars, for county board meetings, and the administrative offices and board room look really well. But at the end of the day this is supposed to be a place for training and developing footballers to help them be the best that they can be. Is it focused on admin or on the players?
At the minute, I would actually say that it trails behind Derry's new Owenbeg complex from a player's point of view. It's a start, a solid start, but there is so much more that could be done and needs to be done. The next challenge to the Tyrone fraternity is to make that happen.
I think it's all part of a bigger picture for Tyrone GAA. It frustrates me every time I hear or read about the good work which Tyrone people are doing elsewhere, with other counties benefiting from their experience and their expertise.
Take Peter Donnelly for example. He's getting huge credit for the work he is doing with Cavan, a real driving force behind their emergence as a real footballing powerhouse again. He's going around schools, working with their development squads, and working with the senior team to help get the very best out of them. He's even going to meet up with players at their universities for one-to-one sessions to work on particular aspects of their game.
But he's doing it with Cavan, not with Tyrone. We should be bending over backwards to get men like that involved in our county set-ups. There is certainly the opportunity for him to be working with Tyrone.
We can see Cavan and other counties like Dublin who are constantly moving forward, but are we in Tyrone standing still? It's areas like these where investment should be made, and it frustrates me when I see money being forked out on stupid things. I've seen that Donnelly has gone as far as visiting the training facilities of some of the top sports clubs in Europe, drawing on their expertise. Who are we sending to Bayern Munich training to see what we can learn from it? There is so much there that could be done, and we're not doing it. It's time for some outside the box thinking.
from what i have seen of Garvaghy, probably a lot of truth in it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

sam03/05

Have to say I agree with many of those points.
1/ the gym is not that impressive
2/ a full size indoor pitch is a must
3/ a pitch with a decent stand needs built.

I would have expected these three things for the money spent

God14

Yeah id agree with a lot of what McGuigan is saying as well. I think the celtic t shaped thing was ill thought out, lacked common sense & ultimately comes across as a bit vain really

However no one associated with Garvaghey is saying the facilities are the finished article. Its still very much a work in progress, but we've come along way. From what ive heard there are plans in place for improvements - including erecting a stand.

One of the items at the top of their agenda at the moment is developing other revenue streams. That will be reinvested & we should see improvements again in the next few years. It'll take time, but whats clear is that those behind the scenes driving the thing on wont rest until the set up is exactly whats required.

Wee Roddy

At club level coaches go and watch teams training etc. No one knows everything, nor should claim to know everything. McGuigan is spot on regarding Garvaghey. Carmen played Dromore in it at the tail end off last Summer and I had to go to the car for a coat and a hat, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky

God14

So the County squad has been cut as of last night. Has anyone got a definite list of who didn't make the cut? Have heard a few names of those omitted but maybe wrong

Fuzzman

I thought I was reading the club thread there for a while

No news on teamtalkmag either about the cut squad
I'd say it's a hard job and I'd say Shay Mcguigan is probably hoping the family name will give him a bit of scope. Niall McKenna will probably be sweating it out again
I wonder how ruthless Mickey will be with his older heads

Could Stevie or Justy have played his last game? Hardly think so.