Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

That is good news as Sean no doubt will be one of our top scorers again this year if he can stay fit.
What about the others that are injured like the 2 McMahons & Gormley?
It would be great to see McNabb get a run of games injury free.

God14

Sketchy enough details yet Fuzz
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/25820648

Good to see McNabb back surely but he was subbed at half time. I can only presume he picked up a knock or an injury

No mention of Martin Penrose or Aidan Cassidy to date. Cassidy would have been a good option at Midfield even for 20+ minutes. Penrose will struggle to get playing time now I think, him and Kyle Coney have slipped well down the pecking order. Coney is close to a comeback, but having missed the McKenna cup I cant see where he will even get an opportunity now. There are too many men ahead in the pecking order
Take Grugan last year. On club form he looked like a starting 15 man, in the in house games mugsy said he stuck out like a sore thumb - best player in the two games he attended - yet he never seen 1 minutes action because he was injured during last years McKenna cup. Mickey doesn't t**ker too much from here on in, especially if the team is going reasonably well.

Dan McNulty hasn't made the bench since the Queens game, I wonder is he injured?

In theory Harte must have a panel of 38, possibly 39 men. I wouldn't be at all suprised if we announce a retirement yet. SON & Gormley are both keeping a low profile almost non comittal, and Justys hamstring problems don't ever seem to let up.

nrico2006

I think Harte likes Coney though, came out of nowhere last summer and got a few minutes here and there when there were other boys who didn't get a sniff.  Same with Ronan O'Neill.  As for Cassidy, he is too injury prone and at this stage would be better off the panel.  What is the craic with Justy?  Constantly injured since 2010, always seems to be the hamstrings.  Mad that it still hasn't been sorted out.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Onthe40

its definetely going to be hard for some of the older players to slot back into the equation come march/april if theyve missed all the preseason training with the squad..one thing that struck me about tyrone on sunday was the pace of most players..do the mcmahons fit into that type of game..justy hasnt featured now for a few years tbh, are his days numbered? i was thinking the same thing - could we see a few more retirements !!!

sam03/05

time for Justy to pack it in, good player in 2008 - has done nothing since, constantly injured.

sensethetone

some of the tyrone players are always carrying injuries, son, k coney, mc nabb, a cassidy, justy, d carlin, big joe as soon as they're fit everyone is like they should be on

supersarsfields

I wouldn't be so quick to rule Justy out. If he can get fit (I know that's a big if) he's still one of the best markers we have. And we're not blessed with good defenders at the minute.

nrico2006

Wouyld love to see Justy fit again, he was brilliant in 2008 and 2009 but that was a long time ago now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

I'm glad to hear lads talking about pace in the current teams being fielded.
I think it's one area where we've been lacking in the last few years although Mickey did address it a bit last year with Ryan McKenna and McGinley in defence.

dulaman

I see the u21 team beat Leitrim seniors last night with some decent performances. Some handy players in that squad that should be pushing for senior places over the next year or so. Reckon tyrone Football will be on a high again for the next few years with the number of younger players coming through. Exciting times

EastTyrone

I can't see Coney making an impact this year even if he does get over his injury. In my opinion Patrick McNiece seems to be fit and able this year and I can see him making a championship 15 this year.
As for the return of the Cavanaghs, It is great to get Sean back to the panel but i would love to see more of Nial Mckenna in midfield and also try to get Conan Grugan a starting spot.
Also heard a rumor that Penrose could be taking his retirement but as I said this is only a rumor.

Fuzzman

I'd say Penrose if fed up chasing men around his own defence and never getting the glory of scores any more. He looked very frustrated v Monaghan last year and not just with that wee wasp Mone.

Up The Middle

Penrose should be happy with getting a jersey, he is a great tackler and thats about the end of it, hes got serious pace but doesnt use it and his finishing and passing are really erratic.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

under the bar

Penrose has pretty much the full deck as to what you'd want a footballer to have - pace, timing, tackling etc but for some reason he seems to panic just as he's about to shoot!   And why does he always try to burst the back of the net?  Calm down son! 

Redhand Santa

Quote from: EastTyrone on January 22, 2014, 04:32:20 PM
I can't see Coney making an impact this year even if he does get over his injury. In my opinion Patrick McNiece seems to be fit and able this year and I can see him making a championship 15 this year.
As for the return of the Cavanaghs, It is great to get Sean back to the panel but i would love to see more of Nial Mckenna in midfield and also try to get Conan Grugan a starting spot.
Also heard a rumor that Penrose could be taking his retirement but as I said this is only a rumor.

Hopefully colm cavanagh gets more of a break from tyrone supporters this year. Proved in the quarter and semis last year that he was more than worth his place. Grugan and McKenna are both good on the ball and decent players but struggled badly to win possession last Sunday against what may not even be Derrys first choice midfield. I don't think colm is a guaranteed starter this year but tyrone do need that kind of work rate around the middle.