Follow Meath Up To Carlow (Reprise)

Started by thejuice, May 28, 2012, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohtoohtobe

Gutted for Meath. They looked to have it sealed but as so often happens a little bit of inexperience and they paid the price. Hard to think they'll get a better chance to make a Leinster semi-final. Now they're up against it - traditionally, Carlow just don't do second chances.

Still, at least it's another day out for the Royals...

agorm

Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2012, 03:39:58 PM
Colm O'Rourke obviously doesn't consider he has any part to play anyway, judging by his detached, couldn't-care-less comment.

What was the comment Hardy?

This performance was a joke but full credit to carlow they kept at it. We gave away possession too easily in the forwards. Farrell was the only one of the forwards to really get the better of his man. Ward got some good scores but his distribution from good positions at key moments was at time awful. We were best served by K. Reilly, Tobin, G. Reilly, Ward & Farrell. Graham Reilly worked his socks off and is back to his best.

Keoghan showed terrible naivety in giving the ball away that lead to the goal at the end. Gilsenan showed great for balls but missed 3 easy enough chances. Joe was almost anonomous and doesnt look sharp. Gallagher made a poor error that resulted in the goal. I dont think he is the best option there, his kickouts had no variation and we lost the vast majority of them. Queeny did well when he came on and has to start ahead of Forde the next day.

seafoid

Gosh

Banty would appear to be  more of a symptom than a cause.
It looks like one of the PIIGS . The bad decisions go back a lot earlier than whenever Rajoy or Banty took over.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fear ón Srath Bán

Come home, come home, Ulster agent Mc Enaney, mission over-accomplished, you've gone too far!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

moysider

Quote from: thejuice on June 10, 2012, 03:40:57 PM
Tullamore next saturday.

O'Rourke, Hayes, none of them lads are in a hurry to do anything.

Seriously though, what would you have them do?

It s not just in Meath. A lot of people with a lot to offer don t get involved in clubs etc throughout the country because they couldn t suffer the gombeens running the show. People have better things to do than get involved in squabbling and messing.

Give and Go

Who do ye Meath boys think ye are??? Do ye not realise how far ye have fallen? Carlow deserve more credit for today's performance than any of you are giving. Ye have no right to hammer Carlow out the gate. If Carlow had a decent Manager they would due in Div 2 by now! Lot of talent knocking around just need ing some good coaching and management.
Carlow have suffered three big losses today though - St Ledger injured, Reid and Hayden suspended; little on the bench to make a difference but of Luke was prepared to draft in reinforcements..... Carlow could ask more questions of Meath.
Now having said all that Meath were through on goal on at least three occasions and opted to fist over the bar, hitting the posts twice in the first half.
Strange for Meath to arrive at the grounds just 15 mins beforehand....don't think it's such a good idea plus Tullamore club grounds are just across the road and are ideal...

Ard-Rí

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 10, 2012, 11:14:37 PM
Come home, come home, Ulster agent Mc Enaney, mission over-accomplished, you've gone too far!

All very funny of course, but I'm beginning to believe there's some kind of sabotage happening here. First we arrive late, then we play badly, and after conceding a last minute goal, Banty says he's "absolutely delighted with the result". Not one bit happy with this penguin in charge.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

thejuice

Quote from: moysider on June 10, 2012, 11:31:59 PM
Quote from: thejuice on June 10, 2012, 03:40:57 PM
Tullamore next saturday.

O'Rourke, Hayes, none of them lads are in a hurry to do anything.

Seriously though, what would you have them do?

It s not just in Meath. A lot of people with a lot to offer don t get involved in clubs etc throughout the country because they couldn t suffer the gombeens running the show. People have better things to do than get involved in squabbling and messing.

That's the thing. Get the likes of O'Rourke, Hayes etc running the show and send the gombeen men on their way. An alternative county board needs to be assembled and voted into place.

RE:Give and Go,
I don't know what forum you're reading perhaps its just a knee jerk reaction of yours to assume arrogance on our part. If we didn't realise how far we have fallen we wouldn't be asking for wholesale changes of the county board. We are fully aware that we are not as good as Dublin or Kildare these days and yesterdays result is not a surprise but it is depressing.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Quote from: agorm on June 10, 2012, 06:12:04 PM
Quote from: Hardy on June 10, 2012, 03:39:58 PM
Colm O'Rourke obviously doesn't consider he has any part to play anyway, judging by his detached, couldn't-care-less comment.

What was the comment Hardy?

[Paraphrasing] 'I hope he has his helicopter ready' (in Carlow, I presume he meant). 'There'll probably be another attempt to get rid of him this week.'

He didn't take the opportunity to comment on the situation at all and didn't come across as distressed at the situation we've descended into or interested in offering an opinion on how to get out of it. It may not have been the time or place, but if he had ideas about getting involved in sorting out the mess I doubt if he'd have been as flippant as he came across.

Qwerty28

As a Longford man not in a position to gloat but fact that Meath supporters around me roaring for Carlow lads to be sent off after any tackle from middle of second half onwards show how far Meath have fallen, would never have needed a numerical advantage to beat a Division 4 team....

Also the manager has to make the final call and decisions, was positioned beside the Meath dugout and every decision had to go threw a committee incl McElkinnon, Geraghty, Giles, Evans....surley manager consults maybe one, two voices and then makes the call.....too many cooks and all that....

agorm

Meath ratings in the Indo have to be seen to be believed:
Meath -- D Gallagher 7; D Keogan 7, K Reilly 7, B Menton 7; D Tobin 7, S McAnarney 7, M Burke 7; C Gillespie 7, B Meade 7; A Forde 7, P Gilsenan 7, G Reilly 7; B Farrell 7, J Sheridan 7, C Ward 7. Subs: J Queeney 7 for A Forde (44); M Collins 7 for P Gilsenan (50).

Everyone on a 7!

How he can give Graham Reilly the same rating as McAnarney, Gillespie, Sheridan & Gallagher and still be considered a sports journalist beats me. I seriously doubt that the journalist in question atttended the game.

My ratings would be
Meath -- D Gallagher 5; D Keogan 6, K Reilly 8, B Menton 7; D Tobin 7, S McAnarney 5, M Burke 5; C Gillespie 4, B Meade 7; A Forde 5, P Gilsenan 6, G Reilly 8; B Farrell 7, J Sheridan 4, C Ward 7. Subs: J Queeney 7 for A Forde (44); M Collins 6 for P Gilsenan (50).

Shamrock Shore

Great to see Banty of the Mighty Meath "delighted" with a draw against Carlow  :-\

orangeman

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 11, 2012, 02:38:51 PM
Great to see Banty of the Mighty Meath "delighted" with a draw against Carlow  :-\

Says it all.

Time's up.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: agorm on June 11, 2012, 02:20:13 PM
Meath ratings in the Indo have to be seen to be believed:
Meath -- D Gallagher 7; D Keogan 7, K Reilly 7, B Menton 7; D Tobin 7, S McAnarney 7, M Burke 7; C Gillespie 7, B Meade 7; A Forde 7, P Gilsenan 7, G Reilly 7; B Farrell 7, J Sheridan 7, C Ward 7. Subs: J Queeney 7 for A Forde (44); M Collins 7 for P Gilsenan (50).

Everyone on a 7!

How he can give Graham Reilly the same rating as McAnarney, Gillespie, Sheridan & Gallagher and still be considered a sports journalist beats me. I seriously doubt that the journalist in question atttended the game.

My ratings would be
Meath -- D Gallagher 5; D Keogan 6, K Reilly 8, B Menton 7; D Tobin 7, S McAnarney 5, M Burke 5; C Gillespie 4, B Meade 7; A Forde 5, P Gilsenan 6, G Reilly 8; B Farrell 7, J Sheridan 4, C Ward 7. Subs: J Queeney 7 for A Forde (44); M Collins 6 for P Gilsenan (50).

Looks like a production error to me. They would have dummy copy in there when they first lay out the page that should have been changed.

thejuice

Team arriving 15 minutes before the game having warmed up elsewhere. Didn't Colm Coyle do that the time Limerick hammered us. A strange approach to take.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016