TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Goliath on Amazon Prime is half decent. Billy Bob Thornton as a burnt out lawyer.

BarryBreensBandage

Documentary/Film on RTE now on John Hume in America.
Narrated by Liam Neeson
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 07, 2018, 02:11:10 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 07, 2018, 12:31:56 PM
Better call Saul back on Netflix.
I must try and catch the first one tonight

Pretty crap first episode.
It was a bit disappointing alright.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Main Street

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 08, 2018, 08:12:49 AM

It is a show which I consider to be an outstanding tv drama in all respects.  Imo this first episode of season 4 carries on where s3 ended and filled in a few more pieces of the puzzle of Jimmy constantly trying to find himself, which eventually culminates with him turning into Saul, amid bouts of self doubt and sabotage.

mrdeeds

Watching Teachers back. Very good and aged well.

nrico2006

Quote from: Main Street on August 08, 2018, 08:04:36 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 08, 2018, 08:12:49 AM

It is a show which I consider to be an outstanding tv drama in all respects.  Imo this first episode of season 4 carries on where s3 ended and filled in a few more pieces of the puzzle of Jimmy constantly trying to find himself, which eventually culminates with him turning into Saul, amid bouts of self doubt and sabotage.
One of my favourite shows too
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Watching The Forest or La Foret as its really known on Netflix... A bit like Broadchurch, very good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

1 episode left to go in Kobra Kai - really enjoying it so far - great tribute to the franchise
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on August 07, 2018, 04:07:48 PM
Goliath on Amazon Prime is half decent. Billy Bob Thornton as a burnt out lawyer.

I take this back after watching the second season. Complete horseshit.

The Iceman

Quote from: The Iceman on August 09, 2018, 03:41:59 PM
1 episode left to go in Kobra Kai - really enjoying it so far - great tribute to the franchise
Great finale and set up for Season 2. Anyone who grew up iine 80s/90s and was a fan of the films this is a must watch!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

screenexile

Watched 3rd season of Last Chance U and really enjoyed it. Seemed like a rollercoaster season for the team and it was an interesting story.

Not sure about coach Brown. In his more guarded moments in front of the camera one on one he seems like a decent guy with anger issues but then when he loses it he really loses it.

themac_23

Ballers.... started watching it, think its a great show, 25 mins episodes short and sharp. Good cast, good laugh very like entourage. really enjoying it

bannside

Just watched Money Monster on Netflix. Good watch. 8/10

nrico2006

Watched Kobra Kai a few months ago, was brilliant. Watched Ballers last weekend, really enjoyed it but just a notch below entourage.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Quote from: themac_23 on August 10, 2018, 05:36:18 PM
Ballers.... started watching it, think its a great show, 25 mins episodes short and sharp. Good cast, good laugh very like entourage. really enjoying it

Think there is a new series coming out in September.

Great show