The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

The usual nightmare-for-the-keeper ball whipped into the back post, only to go in when no one gets a touch!

It should open up a bit now.

J70

Pennant playing well. Kuyt not taking the chances Pennant's creating.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

J70

I think we just seen the goal of the month! ;D

Great through ball from Agger, lovely work and setup by Arbeloa, before Babel dummies two defenders and places the ball into the top corner!

2-0!

Mack the finger

Great stuff, good value for the six goals.
Plenty of pace, good movement, controlled in midfield.
Babel isn't the finished article but took the goal brillantly.
Torres is tireless in his work.
Kuyt is another workhorse - shame he can be a bit wasteful.
Early days, but playing with plenty of verve and purpose.

SuperSub

Liverpool go Top of Ppremiership ;D
They are such a different team now,The old Liverpool  even from last year would have struggled to win 2 or 3-0 today

J70

Encouraging, but very early days yet. Liverpool need to win every league game for the next five or six weeks, because from mid-October onwards, they've a run of very tough games. Can't complain though - making and scoring plenty of chances, and giving up nothing so far except two penalties, one softish but probably correctly awarded, the other ridiculous! The competition for places looks very impressive, although we are light in central defense.

Armamike

Was this game on tv? I couldn't see it anywhere on setanta.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Quote from: Armamike on September 01, 2007, 05:53:11 PM
Was this game on tv? I couldn't see it anywhere on setanta.

It was on Setanta Broadband in the US. From their coverage, it appeared they were going out live in Britain/Ireland. They were advertising that they were going to show the United/Sunderland game, but the US coverage switched to a Championship game, probably because Fox Soccer Channel had the United game.

Pat Dolan was the studio pundit. Wasn't too bad actually!

magpie seanie

I have to say its the fisrt time in a long time I've seen Liverpool with a serious team. Workrate and huger superb. Serious contenders for the title and will finish ahead of United this term in the Prem. Gerrard gonna be a problem. Not suitable for this team.

The Real Laoislad

Delighted with the way things are going,Magpie is right too it's the first time Liverpool look like a serious team,They never stopped going yesterday even when the went 3 and 4 up
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Datsun Donaghy

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 02, 2007, 02:02:52 PM
Have to say, I was very impressed with the work rate yesterday, even at 4-0 they were still chasing every ball. Alonso seems to be a different player when Stevie G isnt playing. Kuyt deserved a goal yesterday, he never stopped and the rest of them got their just rewards. BUT, its very early in the season to be getting carried away and at the end of the day we have only beaten two relegation candidates and a mid table team, though we were robbed against the Russians.
Its been a great start by recent standards, but lets not get carried away................YET

Words of wisdom from 5 Times - most unusual!
Judging by some other posts, I thought the Title had already been won .  .  . suppose it'll be like last season though and United will wait until May before collecting it!!!!  AGAIN ;) ;) ;) ;)

J70

Quote from: Datsun Donaghy on September 03, 2007, 12:00:58 AM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 02, 2007, 02:02:52 PM
Have to say, I was very impressed with the work rate yesterday, even at 4-0 they were still chasing every ball. Alonso seems to be a different player when Stevie G isnt playing. Kuyt deserved a goal yesterday, he never stopped and the rest of them got their just rewards. BUT, its very early in the season to be getting carried away and at the end of the day we have only beaten two relegation candidates and a mid table team, though we were robbed against the Russians.
Its been a great start by recent standards, but lets not get carried away................YET

Words of wisdom from 5 Times - most unusual!
Judging by some other posts, I thought the Title had already been won .  .  . suppose it'll be like last season though and United will wait until May before collecting it!!!!  AGAIN ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yes, because no one has included any qualifiers to their good impressions with Liverpool about it being early days and there being a long way to go.

Hound

Great teamwork being shown by the Liverpool lads. None of this ridiculous shooting from 35 yards when there's 2 or 3 lads in better positions ahead. Hopefully that's a sign of the new Liverpool approach rather than just a sign that Riise and Gerrard arent playing.

I'm in love with Javier Mascherano. Is there a better holding midfielder in the world? Shame he'll miss the Pompey game because of going to Australia to play a friendly for the Argies.

Pennant is on fire at the moment. Lot of talk on Sky Sports over the weekend about whether to play SWP or Bentley on the right side of midfield for England. No harm that nobody seems to have noticed that neither of them are a patch on our Jemmy at this moment.

The weak point of the team is central defence. Big Sami obviously has his weaknesses, given he's over the hill. Derby missed two sitters, at least one of which was down to Sami. But with Mascho in front of him and two great full backs to try and stop balls going in, we should be able to restrict the damage until Carra returns. I'm inclined to think Agger isnt playing as well as he did last year - if I'm right, hopefully its just a temporary blip. 

J70

What has Agger done? They've only conceded two goals in six games so far, both penalties, one very doubtful and the other given away by Carragher and questionable as to whether it was intentional or not. I haven't seen Agger do much wrong defensively, while he played a peach of a pass to Arbeloa for the Babel goal.