Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on September 24, 2020, 10:52:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2020, 10:35:55 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 24, 2020, 07:43:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2020, 07:21:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 24, 2020, 06:32:06 PM
Now official for Donegal.
Especially prevalent on the "East coast" per Eileen Magner!

What's the population of Donegal? Wouldn't take much time for everyone to get it
159,192 in Census 2016.

There's a population of 90 thousand Newtownabbey alone,  in a more condense area, Donegal is well spread out, you'd wonder why it's getting special attention

Donegal has 2 x hotspots. 1 of which is Lifford which is on Strabane's doorstep. Strabane is under fair pressure Covid wise. Strabane's numbers are a fair bit higher than Donegals. No idea what is going on in the twin towns

Still, it's a big enough county and if it's two hotspots then close them down, not the county
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

What's the population of Donegal? Wouldn't take much time for everyone to get it
159,192 in Census 2016.

There's a population of 90 thousand Newtownabbey alone,  in a more condense area, Donegal is well spread out, you'd wonder why it's getting special attention

Because the 14-day incidence number is higher in Donegal now than what it was in Dublin this time last week.  What is done to lower Strabanes numbers?

@Farrandeelin Dublin has somewhat stabilised  this week but they will need cases to drop in hospital also to drop back to level two I can imagine.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

We have went from lowest in Ireland to worse here in Derry City. Just to confirm, mostly house parties in shebeens etc

thewobbler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2020, 11:07:39 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 24, 2020, 10:52:45 PM

159,192 in Census 2016.

Donegal has 2 x hotspots. 1 of which is Lifford which is on Strabane's doorstep. Strabane is under fair pressure Covid wise. Strabane's numbers are a fair bit higher than Donegals. No idea what is going on in the twin towns

Still, it's a big enough county and if it's two hotspots then close them down, not the county

I find the logic baffling. In the Milford area there's 5 cases in a rather vast rural landscape. Even a paranoid wreck would happily take their chances roaming around that area.

armaghniac

It is the same in Dublin, there is a huge difference between Blackrock and Blanchardstown. But whereever yo draw the line, someone is not happy, everyone knows where the county ends, especially in Donegal.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tyrdub

so, myself and herself are supposed be in Dunfanaghy next weekend, do we go? will pubs be open? can we eat in pubs/ restaurants? Staying in hotel but I've booked her into the spa, will it be open????

any point in going if I cant hit the pub?

downjim

Young ones  partying is the main problem , they don't seem to care. I heard of 40 plus cases in Mayobridge area last week and it seems that every club in Down has cases and clubs are really worried. Taking the virus home to a sick granny or granda is when it will hit home.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 25, 2020, 08:43:57 AM
so, myself and herself are supposed be in Dunfanaghy next weekend, do we go? will pubs be open? can we eat in pubs/ restaurants? Staying in hotel but I've booked her into the spa, will it be open????

Arnolds?

Christ, that's the problem shutting down the county over 2 hotspots is everyone else is suffering!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2020, 08:57:28 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on September 25, 2020, 08:43:57 AM

Arnolds?

Christ, that's the problem shutting down the county over 2 hotspots is everyone else is suffering!

No, the Shandon.

We rescheduled 3 times due to the lockdown, I'm not going to ask for a refund as it penalises the hotel, plus we want the break away, but I get the feeling its cursed lol

Hereiam

Are people surprised Donegal is now seeing a lot of cases, the crowds were flocking there during the summer. Its a warning to all.

imtommygunn

On a related but separate note that Sammy Wilson stuff is hilarious. He has now said he was caught red handed without a mask but people basically shouldn't be touting lol.

thewobbler

Quote from: Hereiam on September 25, 2020, 09:32:52 AM
Are people surprised Donegal is now seeing a lot of cases, the crowds were flocking there during the summer. Its a warning to all.

If that's the case then I'd be surprised if you weren't surprised that Lifford is the county's hotspot. And given that nobody has ever visited Lifford, save to get diesel, then the summer crowds probably weren't the spreaders.

maddog

Was supposed to be home for first time since March this weekend. Have had to cancel with the new restrictions. Lose the flights but wasn't much anyway. Looks like won't get over anytime soon. I've a fortnight off from today and no idea what to do with it.

Rudi

Quote from: thewobbler on September 25, 2020, 09:46:11 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on September 25, 2020, 09:32:52 AM

If that's the case then I'd be surprised if you weren't surprised that Lifford is the county's hotspot. And given that nobody has ever visited Lifford, save to get diesel, then the summer crowds probably weren't the spreaders.

Ironically the hotspots in Donegal are actually total ch*t holes that are way off the tourist trail, namely Convoy, Lifford & Stranrolar. Have seen a huge level of English reg cars since April, even now still way above normal level. These English tourists don't seem to be contributing anything to the rise in Covid cases, but sure we'll blame them anyway, never mind our own eggits who are actually causing the spread at house parties, whore houses etc.

Tyrdub

Now they're talking about restricting travel between Donegal and the occupied 6, don't know how effective this will be

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54279088