5-10 pts
38 (33.9%)
10+ pts
36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 08, 2020, 11:01:06 AM
I think Mayo need to man mark Fenton, someone like Coen (or even O'Hora although I doubt he has the discipline) should be told to forget about getting on the ball, supporting play, etc. and only focus on being as close as possible to Fenton at all times. Far too often, he's allowed to come through the middle and either give or receive a hand pass to create a goal chance

Whatever happened to pick up your own man??

Or at the very least pick up the nearest man to you!!

Players getting sucked into the challenge, ending up creating space for the players running in is criminal.

Cavan and Tipp were so guilty of this at the weekend that it just created gaps all over the pitch, no one picking up or being able to stay with runners.

Its lazy and I mean that, they are lazy that they haven't got themselves fit enough or too a standard that is required and mentally lazy in that, sure someone else will pick them up if they run past me.

Teams play all sorts of systems to break down man markers and styles of play, but there is noting worse in a game that someone is touch tight the whole game, its annoying and very hard to get away from
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Am I right in saying that if level at FT, there's no replay?

If so, it's extra time, then penalties?

reillycavan

Quote from: BennyCake on December 08, 2020, 12:45:16 PM
Am I right in saying that if level at FT, there's no replay?

If so, it's extra time, then penalties?

That is right

Maroon Manc

Clarke kicked the ball long on 10 occasions, Tipp won 9 of them.

Dire Ear

macdanger2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2020, 11:54:11 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on December 08, 2020, 11:01:06 AM
I think Mayo need to man mark Fenton, someone like Coen (or even O'Hora although I doubt he has the discipline) should be told to forget about getting on the ball, supporting play, etc. and only focus on being as close as possible to Fenton at all times. Far too often, he's allowed to come through the middle and either give or receive a hand pass to create a goal chance

Whatever happened to pick up your own man??

Or at the very least pick up the nearest man to you!!

Players getting sucked into the challenge, ending up creating space for the players running in is criminal.

Cavan and Tipp were so guilty of this at the weekend that it just created gaps all over the pitch, no one picking up or being able to stay with runners.

Its lazy and I mean that, they are lazy that they haven't got themselves fit enough or too a standard that is required and mentally lazy in that, sure someone else will pick them up if they run past me.

Teams play all sorts of systems to break down man markers and styles of play, but there is noting worse in a game that someone is touch tight the whole game, its annoying and very hard to get away from

Easier said than done though, esp if it's someone like Fenton

Taylor

Mayo didnt win their long kick out v Tipperary.

I would have serious doubts that they will win their own short kick out v Dublin given the limitations of their keeper.

I would love to see them winning but their own kick out will be their undoing I feel

MayoBuck

David coldrick expected to referee the final.

reillycavan

MayoBuck

reillycavan

Farrandeelin

Quote from: MayoBuck on December 08, 2020, 11:01:58 PM

That's the ref who's partner is employed by CP?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 09, 2020, 05:09:07 PM
Now confirmed.
https://www.gaa.ie/football/news/david-coldrick-to-referee-all-ireland-sfc-final/?

Hopefully he's no connections to Dublin, or stayed in Dublin, had a Guinness in Dublin, flew from Dublin, or went to Coppers when he was young
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dubhaltach

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 09, 2020, 05:09:07 PM
Now confirmed.
https://www.gaa.ie/football/news/david-coldrick-to-referee-all-ireland-sfc-final/?

Disaster. Along with the likes of Deegan and Derek O Mahony, Coldrick is a classic 'soft free' ref. He doesn't allow any form of tackle and will always give a free to the man in possession as soon as there is the slightest bit of contact. There's a good chance this final will now turn into a free taking competition between O Connor and Rock.