Orlando Mass Shooting

Started by omagh_gael, June 12, 2016, 03:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-36510172

Fifty now confirmed dead following mass shooting at a Gay nightclub. Shooter confirmed as an American citizen of Afghan heritage. Absolutely tragic, may they all rest in peace.

Second thoughts after the victims is what will this do for the presidency race? Trump will be all over this like a leetch.

Wildweasel74

be the usual reply, if they all had guns blah blah outcome be different, Americans seem to be stupid to the fact that access to guns by any clown is widespread, a total weapons ban is the only way to go but with so many guns in the country thats basically closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

J70

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 12, 2016, 03:38:15 PM

Fifty now confirmed dead following mass shooting at a Gay nightclub. Shooter confirmed as an American citizen of Afghan heritage. Absolutely tragic, may they all rest in peace.

Second thoughts after the victims is what will this do for the presidency race? Trump will be all over this like a leetch.

And what worthwhile contribution will he have to make?

That banning Muslims and "kicking the shit out of ISIS" are the answers?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 12, 2016, 04:06:51 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 12, 2016, 03:38:15 PM

And what worthwhile contribution will he have to make?

That banning Muslims and "kicking the shit out of ISIS" are the answers?

It will be interesting to see if the gun was obtained legally.

Also curious if the shooter was on the radar screen of law enforcement......lots of red flags seem to have been missed with some of the recent attacks.

This certainly wont do Trump any harm if its confirmed to be terror related.....not that I in any way shape or form agree with his views

seafoid

Awful news. 50 people dead is brutal. And targeting gay people is heinous. Trump will milk this.
The debate will be about guns when it should be about mental illness.

mikehunt

Quote from: seafoid on June 12, 2016, 05:48:42 PM
Awful news. 50 people dead is brutal. And targeting gay people is heinous. Trump will milk this.
The debate will be about guns when it should be about mental illness.
Does Trump not hate gays anyway? Seems to hate every other minority.

J70

Apparently this lowlife was a US citizen born in NYC.

screenexile

Looks to be a lowlife who had a problem with homosexuality... Hopefully that willmarop the panic of terrorism . . .

What are Florida's gun laws like??

FL/MAYO

Quote from: screenexile on June 12, 2016, 06:52:28 PM
Looks to be a lowlife who had a problem with homosexuality... Hopefully that willmarop the panic of terrorism . . .

Very easy to get weapons here, it seems to me that 75% of the people I know are armed and have a concealed weapons permits. Some people I know have 20+ guns of all types.I'm disillusioned with how this country has gone, can't wait to get my family out of here in two years.

screenexile

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 12, 2016, 07:03:09 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 12, 2016, 06:52:28 PM

Very easy to get weapons here, it seems to me that 75% of the people I know are armed and have a concealed weapons permits. Some people I know have 20+ guns of all types.I'm disillusioned with how this country has gone, can't wait to get my family out of here in two years.

Would no-one in the nightclub have had a gun to take the guy out??

seafoid

Looks like a hate crime. Guns must have killed many multiples of the 911 carnage since 911.  One American killed by a terrst and Fox is up in arms but the thousands who die in gun crime are par for the course.

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on June 12, 2016, 07:31:02 PM
Looks like a hate crime. Guns must have killed many multiples of the 911 carnage since 911.  One American killed by a terrst and Fox is up in arms but the thousands who die in gun crime are par for the course.

Fox News talking about ISIS all over the shop... They can't be sure if it was "ISIS organised" or "ISIS inspired"

Farrandeelin

CNN say that the shooter pledged allegiance when he rang 911...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

FL/MAYO

He was a security guard so I'm sure it was easy enough for him to get the guns legally.
A few more of these mass shootings before November and you could be seeing Trump as President.

screenexile

Totally horrible incident and thoughts with families and survivors.

Trump sickeningly using the incident to score political points and ask for Obama's resignation! ****!

Just saw a video where just 9 days ago Obama lamented the power of the NRA and the fact he could put ISIS sympathisers on the no fly list but could not prevent them from purchasing as many firearms and ammo as they wished.

Mental Country!