Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: GJL on October 10, 2018, 04:57:01 PM
Quote from: tiempo on October 10, 2018, 02:53:57 PM

DUP on for voting against the Tory budget if they don't get their own way on Brexit, I'd say they're clean fucked, the Tories will discard them at the opportune moment for whatever suit them best, bad bad move by Arlene.

Looks like they have been kicked into touch. Delightful viewing. I'd say Barnier had a right chuckle into himself yesterday at the 2 dolly birds!  ;D

Be getting the popcorn in for that day. Who'd have predicted it, eh? The Tories shafting the DUP  ;D

Denn Forever

Careful, mocking can bite you in the ass.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

omaghjoe

DUP on for voting against the Tory budget if they don't get their own way on Brexit, I'd say they're clean fucked, the Tories will discard them at the opportune moment for whatever suit them best, bad bad move by Arlene.

Looks like they have been kicked into touch. Delightful viewing. I'd say Barnier had a right chuckle into himself yesterday at the 2 dolly birds!  ;D

Twas the only deal that was ever on the cards the DUP ultimately dont matter but the key question is....Can May get it thru Parliment?

She's got 50 odd MPs at least who will vote against her Checkers deal and you could likely add a few to that
Where are other votes coming from?
SNP and LibDems will likely vote anything down regarding Brexit
This is also the deal that Labour would reach with the EU but would they support it in opposition with the prospect of a GE in the subsequent turmoil of no deal?

giveherlong

What makes you say they've been kicked to touch?

Franko

We've been here before.  There's plenty of time and space for them to f**k things up yet.

GJL

Quote from: giveherlong on October 10, 2018, 08:23:28 PM

What makes you say they've been kicked to touch?

I read Barnier's statement today where he is laying out the terms of the agreement. It is very much not what the DUP want but I think the Brits will have no choice but to accept it as at the end of the day it is 27 v 1. So the DUP either have to do what they are told and stick with the Tories or risk a GE where Labour will be favorites to win. They will not risk a Corbyn lead Labour government so they will have to do what they are told. All just my humble opinion of course but it is how I see this playing out.

Of course even if the DUP back May there is still no guarantee she will get an agreement through and a GE may well happen anyway.

pbat

The only thing would now maybe be a concern is if May is throwing the DUP under the bus on Brexit what could she try and offer them to keep them on board to get the next budget passed?

* No Military prosecutions.
* More Dough.
* A few house of lords seats.
* Direct Rule.

Stall the Bailer

The DUP will do what keeps them in power, they won't care what British public think of them, just what their voters here think.

keep her low this half

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 10, 2018, 09:14:05 PM
The DUP will do what keeps them in power, they won't care what British public think of them, just what their voters here think.

That's grand while the Tory/DUP deal is still running. However if the DUP stiff the Tories then all bets are off. Expect salaries at Stormont slashed very quickly. The £1 billion deal will be gone in a puff of smoke. Expect lots of talk in the Telegraph and Mail about the £10 billion a year subvention to NI and why are the home counties paying for it. Do not doubt that the Tories are the real nasty party. If they are being nasty to the DUP that will be funny but us in the north will end up as collateral damage ( and Im not talking about wankers in Stormont )

GJL

Quote from: pbat on October 10, 2018, 09:09:20 PM
The only thing would now maybe be a concern is if May is throwing the DUP under the bus on Brexit what could she try and offer them to keep them on board to get the next budget passed?

* No Military prosecutions.
* More Dough. How much of the 1 billion has NI seen so far?
* A few house of lords seats.
* Direct Rule.

heganboy

A cabinet meeting called today to discuss the DUP threat to not pass the budget. Which would result in either labour backing it ot a government fail and probably a new election.

Be careful what you wish for Arlene....
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Farrandeelin

Quote from: heganboy on October 11, 2018, 08:16:56 AM
A cabinet meeting called today to discuss the DUP threat to not pass the budget. Which would result in either labour backing it ot a government fail and probably a new election.

Would Labour get in if there was an election?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 11, 2018, 08:45:31 AM

Don't think so, feel neither party would secure a majority......coalition time again....this time with UKIP

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Insane Bolt on October 11, 2018, 10:09:26 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 11, 2018, 08:45:31 AM

Don't think so, feel neither party would secure a majority......coalition time again....this time with UKIP

Labour & everyone bar the Tories/DUP in a softer/no brexit coalition is possible

johnnycool

A lot of Labour heartlands voted for Brexit.

Corbyn needs to walk a tightrope