General Election 2011

Started by Zapatista, January 18, 2011, 12:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you intend to vote in the General election.

FF
6 (15%)
FG
6 (15%)
LAB
6 (15%)
IND/Other
4 (10%)
SF
15 (37.5%)
SP
1 (2.5%)
GN
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Zapatista

I was canvassed tonight by Labour. He's a nice guy and will get a transfer but his running mate will be well down the list.

Anyway it's pretty much game on now. We have no Government at the minute and are waiting on the ruling party to decide who will lead them through the election rather than who should lead the Country. If Cowen loses he'll be heading for the Offaly via the Pheonix park. If he wins we might have to hang in for a couple of weeks yet and the President will have to clear her calender.

What do you think?

- I think we can pretty much rule out SF from this poll.

All of a Sludden

With the board having probably a 95% northern bias, the result of the poll will undoubtedly be slightly biased. Would it not be better for each person who can actually vote in the election to say who they intend to vote for and then count the votes.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Zapatista

Quote from: All of a Sludden on January 18, 2011, 12:04:50 AM
With the board having probably a 95% northern bias, the result of the poll will undoubtedly be slightly biased. Would it not be better for each person who can actually vote in the election to say who they intend to vote for and then count the votes.

Sure, if you could be bothered. It might be handier just to rule out SF though.

All of a Sludden

Zapatista are you a nordie by any chance? No Green Party or do you know something we dont?

I`ll be voting for the local Green Party candidate.

Zapatista

Quote from: All of a Sludden on January 18, 2011, 12:10:14 AM
Zapatista are you a nordie by any chance? No Green Party or do you know something we dont?

I`ll be voting for the local Green Party candidate.

:D :D

I am a nordie but I suppose there's a Green party there too. I fucked up, completely innocent.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Holy f**k I spoilt my vote, I voted Fianna Fail by accident, first time in my life  :o

Why had you Fianna Fáil at the top surely they should be like 3'rd or 4'th on the list.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

All of a Sludden

So you started a thread/poll about an election that has no real relevance to you? Nordies  :D

Pangurban

Who says it has no relevance, apart from your own partitionist self

ross4life

Can't wait to see him in the Dail
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Zapatista

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 18, 2011, 12:12:52 AM
Why had you Fianna Fáil at the top surely they should be like 3'rd or 4'th on the list.

Meh, it's how it is. Was thinking of my own constitueny when I did it. It explains why there was no Green there too. I don't think they have selected a candidate.

Quote from: All of a Sludden on January 18, 2011, 12:13:41 AM
So you started a thread/poll about an election that has no real relevance to you? Nordies  :D

I started a hot ladies thread one time too :-\, I should to mind my own businness.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Banana Man

Quote from: Pangurban on January 18, 2011, 12:45:32 AM
Who says it has no relevance, apart from your own partitionist self

+1 Anyone who comes out with remark like that is living in la la land. We live on a small island and anything that happens on one part has repercussions for the other, so it is totally relevant to every soul living on the entire island.

Also there's a nordie running in your constituency, might even top the poll there with the amount of nordies living in dundalk  ;)

Bogball XV

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on January 18, 2011, 08:37:07 AM
Quote from: ross4life on January 18, 2011, 12:50:19 AM

Is he running?
think he is, he was on the radio recently - not very impressive.

Ulick

ross4life

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on January 18, 2011, 08:37:07 AM
Quote from: ross4life on January 18, 2011, 12:50:19 AM

Is he running?

He is indeed running! he's the current major of Roscommon town so should get plenty of votes there & in his home town of Castlerea.

Only three seats going in our area two of those are guaranteed for FG
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open