Derry v Tyrone - Celtic park Sun 22nd May

Started by tyroneman, April 25, 2016, 06:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

May as well get this started, but before the usual insults and nonsense. ......can one of you Derry chaps tell me which one the brandywell / bluebell stand is (and if it is seating or terraced)?

JoG2

Will be terraced,  either behind the goal towards Brandywell or opposite main stand,  either accessible with the same ticket

theticklemister

je, take this thread down to buck. Where not ready. Is it that close!!!!!!!!

Il Bomber Destro

The half forward line would seem to be the only area of the pitch where places are really up for grabs at the minute. Peter Harte has one of those places nailed down with Meyler, Bradley, Sludden and Richie Donnely fighting it out for the other two spots. Also one of the half back line positions up for grabs with Justy, Tierney and Sludden in a battle for it - think we're a much more solid and balanced side with Justy at 6 and we will need his size there against the big Derry forwards. Also a place at corner forward between Brennan, McCurry and O'Neill.

Think the team will be something like:

1. O'Neill
2. McCrory
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. Brennan
6. Justy
7. McCann
8. Colm Cav
9. Mattie Donnelly
10. Meyler
11. Harte
12. Richie Donnelly
13. McAliskey
14. Sean Cav
15. O'Neill

rrhf

Wire it into the bastids!!the drive for 5 is alive!!

theticklemister

rrhf

have we bate ye 3 or 4 time this year. Let's make history!!
Can Barton keep his cool?

theticklemister

if we beat tyrone wance in a row this year, I'll be happy

omagh_gael

Derry will be loving the build up, no pressure on them at all. We've all to lose here and and an ambush could be on the cards!

Stick an aul tenner on them, money in the bank ;)

tiempo

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 25, 2016, 08:40:41 PM
The half forward line would seem to be the only area of the pitch where places are really up for grabs at the minute. Peter Harte has one of those places nailed down with Meyler, Bradley, Sludden and Richie Donnely fighting it out for the other two spots. Also one of the half back line positions up for grabs with Justy, Tierney and Sludden in a battle for it - think we're a much more solid and balanced side with Justy at 6 and we will need his size there against the big Derry forwards. Also a place at corner forward between Brennan, McCurry and O'Neill.

Think the team will be something like:

1. O'Neill
2. McCrory
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. Brennan
6. Justy
7. McCann
8. Colm Cav
9. Mattie Donnelly
10. Meyler
11. Harte
12. Richie Donnelly
13. McAliskey
14. Sean Cav
15. O'Neill

Did you not hear, Tyrone are only fielding 13, its a well known fact Derry can't bate a team of 13 Tyrone men.

never kickt a ball

Like to see this team

1 O'Neill
2 McGeary
3 McMahon
4 Brennan
5 McGeary
6 McMahon
7 McCann
8 Cavanagh
9 Donnelly
10 McCann
11 A N Brother
12 Donnelly
13 Brennan
14 Cavanagh
15 O'Neill

screenexile

If there is an ambush the odds should be similar to those of Leicester winning the PL at the start of the season.

We're nowhere near and I can't see who we can bring in or what strategy we can employ where we win. We don't have the players in the first 15 let alone the depth to operate at Tyrone's level.

I was optimistic when the draw was announced that Tyrone weren't as good as their showing last year and that we would improve through the year. In reality Tyrone are close if not in the second tier of teams to challenge Dublin while we've regressed!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: never kickt a ball on April 25, 2016, 11:45:06 PM
Like to see this team

1 O'Neill
2 McGeary
3 McMahon
4 Brennan
5 McGeary
6 McMahon
7 McCann
8 Cavanagh
9 Donnelly
10 McCann
11 A N Brother
12 Donnelly
13 Brennan
14 Cavanagh
15 O'Neill

You seriously wouldn't start McAliskey?

He'd be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me, he has that explosiveness that the likes of McCurry and O'Neill don't have. Brennan is completely unproven yet. It's McAliskey and one of the others right now.

imtommygunn

Quote from: screenexile on April 26, 2016, 12:00:52 AM
If there is an ambush the odds should be similar to those of Leicester winning the PL at the start of the season.

We're nowhere near and I can't see who we can bring in or what strategy we can employ where we win. We don't have the players in the first 15 let alone the depth to operate at Tyrone's level.

I was optimistic when the draw was announced that Tyrone weren't as good as their showing last year and that we would improve through the year. In reality Tyrone are close if not in the second tier of teams to challenge Dublin while we've regressed!

The way that Derry can win is to play the game they played the last time they beat Tyrone in the championship with every single man behind the ball. That is probably the only way though...