Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caesar

I think what Eastwood would contribute additionally from play would negate the couple of frees that might be missed without PC. Just my opinion. Its a nice problem for Lenny to have, picking between two quality but different kinds of players.

Belfast GAA man

Surprised to see Naomh Eanna advertising for a hurling manager - they have been been paying big for hurling and Football managers in recent years - wonder is the chequebook feeling the Strain

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 28, 2020, 11:40:51 AM
Surprised to see Naomh Eanna advertising for a hurling manager - they have been been paying big for hurling and Football managers in recent years - wonder is the chequebook feeling the Strain

Sambo away back to Cushendall.

Milltown Row2

Wrong thread  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2020, 04:43:22 PM

Wrong thread  ;)
they have a dual code  chequebook !

BigBallWeeBall

Sounds like the so called 12 Apostles have run out of money... You can't pay for ever in amateur sports

Belfast GAA man

Dont know what he Apostles is about but clubs like Naomh Eanna will be scundered when the money runs out and they have to ask their own to do it for free

paddyjohn

Why the dislike against St Endas?

Belfast GAA man

If you look back on my posts you will see I'm against all clubs paying managers as it is a form of cheating in mt book

Naomh Eanna happen to be paying 2 that's all

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 30, 2020, 03:12:08 PM
If you look back on my posts you will see I'm against all clubs paying managers as it is a form of cheating in mt book

Naomh Eanna happen to be paying 2 that's all

Cheating? Same as playing over age players or players under a different name?

Dunsilly King

or players transferring clubs for glory. Like musical chairs in Belfast.

Belfast GAA man

Yes agree those are both cheating - what's your point lads?

Milltown Row2

I'm trying to work out is it an Ant and Dec partnership or just the one person
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Cheating... Sorry but what a load of crap.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 30, 2020, 08:29:16 PM
Cheating... Sorry but what a load of crap.
dont take my word for It
"We must be clear on the issue here: it is not about availing of the services of 'outsiders'; it is solely about making payments in breach of our amateur-status ethos."

https://www.gaa.ie/news/payment-managers-strike-the-heart-gaa-ethos/