The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Interesting..... I hadn't seen all that research but working class whites alone didn't and couldn't  get Trump elected.

Plenty of middle class and affluent whites voted for him as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/06/05/its-time-to-bust-the-myth-most-trump-voters-were-not-working-class/?utm_term=.989fa9fdb01b

heganboy

Whitey,
How can you agree with Trump on taxes and regulation?

He doesn't have a tax policy, and while I'm good with deregulating business surely some protection of the health of Americans and the environment may be a win all around?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

The US was always cowboys vs Indians
Now the Indians are called Latinos.

And the cowboys are losing

https://youtu.be/0UVUW11FENs

Sure isn't it the same in NI?  Protestants losing their demographic grip .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kickham csc

Quote from: sid waddell on January 15, 2019, 10:50:16 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 15, 2019, 09:53:02 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 15, 2019, 09:18:51 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 15, 2019, 06:33:02 PM

It must be awful to go through life with such a sense of low self-worth and a disturbing level of self-loathing.
It must be. Any chance you might tell us what it feels like, given that you so obviously experience such?

Come up with something original Sid. That's the sort of response you expect from an 8 year old. You and Eamonnca1 must be swapping notes at elementary school.

Since you are celebrating it, how about explaining how whites being a minority will benefit the US.
Or is this just a case of wanting to be a minority so you can pretend you are oppressed and gain victim status?
Democrats love nothing more than playing the victim.
You're projecting again.  ;D

How does whites being a majority benefit the US?

Whites being a minority would of course benefit the US because the current white majority tends to vote in larger numbers for deeply regressive, racist, kleptocratic politics.

A majority-minority situation would mean that such politics could likely never again win. That would be great thing.

You do realise by engaging with me in such a hostile manner on this subject you're only proving me right, yes?  ;D

So no whites vote for Democrats,,,, or are you saying both Republicans and democrats are deeply regressive, racist.......

Also, older people tend to vote republican. Some of the older voters switch parties, so democrat now doesn't necessarily mean democrat later.

Additionally, second or third generation migrant start to drift over to republican, so again, even if whites become the minority, that in itself doesn't indicate the demise of the Republican party.

Lastly, their are big sections of the US, (North East, California, Chicago, where whites are worried about becoming the minority, nobody cares. Paycheques, mortgages, college tuition are far more important issues than the colour of the political representatives.

sid waddell

Quote from: Kickham csc on January 16, 2019, 10:43:12 AM

It must be awful to go through life with such a sense of low self-worth and a disturbing level of self-loathing.
It must be. Any chance you might tell us what it feels like, given that you so obviously experience such?

Come up with something original Sid. That's the sort of response you expect from an 8 year old. You and Eamonnca1 must be swapping notes at elementary school.

Since you are celebrating it, how about explaining how whites being a minority will benefit the US.
Or is this just a case of wanting to be a minority so you can pretend you are oppressed and gain victim status?

Whites being a minority would of course benefit the US because the current white majority tends to vote in larger numbers for deeply regressive, racist, kleptocratic politics.

A majority-minority situation would mean that such politics could likely never again win. That would be great thing.

You do realise by engaging with me in such a hostile manner on this subject you're only proving me right, yes?  ;D

So no whites vote for Democrats,,,, or are you saying both Republicans and democrats are deeply regressive, racist.......

Also, older people tend to vote republican. Some of the older voters switch parties, so democrat now doesn't necessarily mean democrat later.

Additionally, second or third generation migrant start to drift over to republican, so again, even if whites become the minority, that in itself doesn't indicate the demise of the Republican party.

Lastly, their are big sections of the US, (North East, California, Chicago, where whites are worried about becoming the minority, nobody cares. Paycheques, mortgages, college tuition are far more important issues than the colour of the political representatives.

Deary me.

It's amazing how some people will try to twist a point and throw back a strawman that wasn't used.

Dolph1

Your victim mindset makes you believe I've been hostile Sid. I was asking you questions to understand your viewpoint.

The United States success story is due to the people who inhabited it at the time.
Contrast with Mexico and Central America. Look at the fantastic societies they have built. So good they can't get out fast enough.

This model appears to be the aim for current democrats to force upon US citizens. Who can't wait for the drug cartels to hang people off bridges? Gangs in schools stabbing fellow pupils.

So Sid, is this the new American dream you always wished for?

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

sid waddell

Adolph the imaginary victim projecting again and refusing to answer any questions again, exactly the same as every post since he registered, and when he was foxkkkommander.

HiMucker

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 16, 2019, 11:44:09 AM

Your victim mindset makes you believe I've been hostile Sid. I was asking you questions to understand your viewpoint.

The United States success story is due to the people who inhabited it at the time.
Contrast with Mexico and Central America. Look at the fantastic societies they have built. So good they can't get out fast enough.

This model appears to be the aim for current democrats to force upon US citizens. Who can't wait for the drug cartels to hang people off bridges? Gangs in schools stabbing fellow pupils.

A stunning glimpse of your insight in to history, US foreign policy in Central America and the War on Drugs rolled in to one post!

heganboy

The absolute and complete lack of knowledge, understanding of history and straight up bigotry in this post is stunning.

United States success story.

Societies built in Central America.

Dunning Kruger, delusions of grandeur, god complex, white saviour narrative.

Is that you DT?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: heganboy on January 16, 2019, 05:47:46 AM
Whitey,

He doesn't have a tax policy, and while I'm good with deregulating business surely some protection of the health of Americans and the environment may be a win all around?

Will we get something different from this?

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2019, 08:23:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2019, 08:08:09 PM

How will a 6-3 Federalist Society majority on the Supreme Court for the next 20 years or more benefit you or any of the rest of us?

I really just want to see liberal heads explode

Dolph1

Quote from: heganboy on January 16, 2019, 12:46:54 PM

The absolute and complete lack of knowledge, understanding of history and straight up bigotry in this post is stunning.

United States success story.

Societies built in Central America.

Dunning Kruger, delusions of grandeur, god complex, white saviour narrative.

Is that you DT?

Stating facts is not bigotry. Are you saying that drug cartels do not hang opponents from bridges in Mexico or that MS13 gangs in schools are not stabbing students?

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 16, 2019, 01:00:19 PM
Whitey,

How will a 6-3 Federalist Society majority on the Supreme Court for the next 20 years or more benefit you or any of the rest of us?

Enjoying seeing idiots get offended by everything and anything and then tying themselves up in knots trying to outdo each other in the PC stakes is not an endorsement of Trump

Regarding the Supreme Court I said at the time that Merrick Garland should have gotten his hearing and being confirmed. Of course I will support a Republican SJC nominee to replace a Republican SJC nominee, especially someone as well qualified and respected as justice Kavanaugh (in spite of the disgraceful attempted hit job)

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2019, 01:29:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 16, 2019, 01:00:19 PM
Whitey,

Enjoying seeing idiots get offended by everything and anything and then tying themselves up in knots trying to outdo each other in the PC stakes is not an endorsement of Trump

Regarding the Supreme Court I said at the time that Merrick Garland should have gotten his hearing and being confirmed. Of course I will support a Republican SJC nominee to replace a Republican SJC nominee, especially someone as well qualified and respected as justice Kavanaugh (in spite of the disgraceful attempted hit job)

And you STILL haven't answered the questions!

whitey

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2019, 01:36:50 PM
What's the question?

See Heganboy's post, and mine about the Supreme Court which you answered with the exploding liberal heads comment.