Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: andoireabu on October 17, 2022, 03:03:28 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 16, 2022, 06:54:17 PM
The brother ran Amsterdam today, only started running in lockdown. Got on super. Said it was very flat.
I'm must really try one of those easy flat Dutch Marathons instead of running hills in Dublin every year 😂

That's where I ran yesterday and it is a nice course, bit windy and a few dead spots for support but overall an enjoyable run in a nice city.  Finishing in the Olympic Stadium was a nice way to end it as well.  Glad it is over though.  Spoke to a lad at the bag collection who has Dublin now in a couple of weeks, he was having thoughts of offloading the ticket after yesterday!

Did they go full techno in the stadium before starting!! Thought I was at a rave to be honest!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: andoireabu on October 17, 2022, 03:03:28 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 16, 2022, 06:54:17 PM
The brother ran Amsterdam today, only started running in lockdown. Got on super. Said it was very flat.
I'm must really try one of those easy flat Dutch Marathons instead of running hills in Dublin every year 😂

That's where I ran yesterday and it is a nice course, bit windy and a few dead spots for support but overall an enjoyable run in a nice city.  Finishing in the Olympic Stadium was a nice way to end it as well.  Glad it is over though.  Spoke to a lad at the bag collection who has Dublin now in a couple of weeks, he was having thoughts of offloading the ticket after yesterday!
Fair play, how's the body today? the brother loved the Olympic stadium also,would really love to one abroad myself. Have my eye maybe on Frankfurt next year.
Have entered both London and Berlin but chances of getting in are low.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

andoireabu

Legs are sore enough but I've been worse after Dublin so not complaining too much.  Been in the lottery for London for years and never got to run it, would be a nice destination one to do especially now it is moved to October and wouldn't be as hot.

The DJ's in the stadium and around the course were having the time of their lives, just dance music and techno from start to finish.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

screenexile

Optimistically signed up for the Dublin Marathon at the start of the year but haven't been able to get past 10k all year without my calf going...

It says the entry is non transferable but I'd be happy enough to give my entry to someone rather than waste it if any of you in running circles know of someone who would be interested you can send me a dm.

bridgegael

Quote from: andoireabu on October 17, 2022, 04:44:02 PM
Legs are sore enough but I've been worse after Dublin so not complaining too much.  Been in the lottery for London for years and never got to run it, would be a nice destination one to do especially now it is moved to October and wouldn't be as hot.

The DJ's in the stadium and around the course were having the time of their lives, just dance music and techno from start to finish.

London is back to April from next year. First time ballot entry last year and got selected, I know one's trying for years and not a sniff of it. As for the heat, was in around 22 degrees this year. But a great course to run, literally lined the whole way from start to finish with people, some parts you had maybe 6/7 deep at the barriers for maybe a mile. Great experience. In the ballot for next year.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

laoislad

Quote from: bridgegael on October 18, 2022, 10:46:49 AM
Quote from: andoireabu on October 17, 2022, 04:44:02 PM

London is back to April from next year. First time ballot entry last year and got selected, I know one's trying for years and not a sniff of it. As for the heat, was in around 22 degrees this year. But a great course to run, literally lined the whole way from start to finish with people, some parts you had maybe 6/7 deep at the barriers for maybe a mile. Great experience. In the ballot for next year.
Getting picked in the ballot on the first go!! This is my 7th year trying for London! Would love to run it, Dublin is pretty good too for crowd support in fairness.
If I don't get London I might consider Manchester in April, supposed to be the flattest in the UK.

bridgegael

Was thinking of doing Cork marathon next year as it probably the only one that suits schedule wise. Anyone ever do it?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Helix.

Best of luck to all on the forum running the Dublin City Marathon today!

imtommygunn

How did everyone get on yesterday?

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 31, 2022, 04:52:12 PM
How did everyone get on yesterday?
Do you want the good or the bad story first  ;D

I damaged my hamstring a few weeks ago at a 3/4 Marathon but as you do I completely ignored it and pretended it wasn't hurt and hoped it would magically heal it self, so I still ran the Marathon on Sunday  anyway. Of course it flared up even worse about 10 miles in.

Long story short I finished it anyway and was relatively happy in the end because it felt like someone was stabbing me with a hot poker in the hamstring for most of it.
It's a pity as I am in really good shape, a former poster on here called Bingo wrote me a training plan and it really got me into shape.
Anyway I'll have another chance in a few months as I signed up for the Manchester Marathon just today. Just need to get this hamstring injury sorted and I'll go at it again.

Once again though Dublin was fantastic, the support on the route is just unbelievable. It was unseasonably warm though, it seemed to catch an awful lot of people out as I've never seen as many people being treated on the side of the road by paramedics.  A few looked to be in very bad shape.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wolfetones

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2022, 05:05:59 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 11, 2022, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 11, 2022, 04:27:51 PM
https://twitter.com/SportsJOEdotie/status/1601898711587688448

Yes, that was a tough one. I'm sure he will learn.

If he'd stop looking round him he'd not have stumbled

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

redzone

Quote from: Wolfetones on December 12, 2022, 12:02:37 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2022, 05:05:59 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 11, 2022, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 11, 2022, 04:27:51 PM
https://twitter.com/SportsJOEdotie/status/1601898711587688448

Yes, that was a tough one. I'm sure he will learn.

If he'd stop looking round him he'd not have stumbled

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Chubby fella on couch  tells elite runner how to win race