Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty one yard free

McShane will take the bad luck of the current forward line

McCurry and O Neill were bullied in Blayney,

Frank Burns a good player but not consistent

I think Kyle and McShane could be an excellent inside forward line

omagh_gael

Great to see Cathal back, perfect timing too as the game in Blayney was a real eye opener for me. We could have played on for half a day and we wouldn't have got near them. You could tell within 5 mins their back line had our forwards in their pockets.

Having Cathal back will not only provide a direct scoring boost but, more importantly imo, will allow the rest of our forward line a much better chance of making an impact. Frank Burns is a top top player but is not in the same league as Cathal in the FF role. Having Cathal in there will automatically cause and ask serious questions off the opposition. Monaghan were able to push right up on our MF and commit a serious amount of men to their breaks as they had us sussed in our FF line. Teams will be much more weary of doing that with a FF line of Cathal and Matty in there. As mentioned earlier I would love to see Harte being more adventurous and leaving Bradley and McCurry playing on the 40 and putting quality ball into the FF line.

Goals_Will_Come

Would be nice to see Cathal McShane and Frank Burns (in Matties role until his return anyway) inside as vocal points of the attack with McCurry and Bradley playing off them. It would be very adventurous and would represent a big shift from the usual cautious approach of Harte.
But the teams that have been successful in recent times, but at club and county level, are playing flowing attacking football. So if Tyrone want to push for that success that they are after, they need to follow suit and be more adventurous.

southtyronegael

Gabriel_Hurl

New job for him with Keystone Lintels I see

southtyronegael

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 06, 2020, 11:33:34 PM
New job for him with Keystone Lintels I see
60000 a year. Site to build a house and 25000 cash from another donor. Harte has agreed it's his last year and wants to win all Ireland. Keystone new sponsor next year.

redzone

If he wins an Al Ireland this year he will get it for another 5 years. And rightly so

RedHand88

Wouldn't keystone be an hour away from where he's from?

skeog

Great to see Cathal back.Odds on relegation from Div 1 have lengthened.Keystone are to be commended for their support.

square_ball

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 07, 2020, 08:14:13 AM
Wouldn't keystone be an hour away from where he's from?

From the press release it doesn't sound like he's going to be office based much.

Fair play to Keystone anyway. They should have inserted a clause where he can't play against Stewartstown this coming season.

WT4E

Just thinking wasn't there always a rule in the Tyrone camp that any income earned by a player from various activities e.g. appearances, sessions etc. was all pooled so that everyone got a share of the kitty at the end to prevent the more high profile players making all the loot and others suffering? (Didnt big Sean get into a bit of trouble in this regard?)

If this still applies would Cathal not need to be putting the value into the kitty?

GetOverTheBar

The picture of McShane as Wolf of Wallstreet.....is that his actual account or someone at it?

Very strange if its him, courting attention.

Angelo

60k a year wouldn't be an earth shattering deal for a university graduate like McShane with the profile he has.

I saw Aidan O'Shea was gifted a 70k car during the week by a local garage.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

square_ball

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 07, 2020, 09:19:30 AM
The picture of McShane as Wolf of Wallstreet.....is that his actual account or someone at it?

Yeah it's from his account he took it from that balls.ie page. I don't think there's much wrong with it sure it's a bit of craic. Think 99.9% of people would take it that way.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on February 07, 2020, 09:45:26 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 07, 2020, 09:19:30 AM

Yeah it's from his account he took it from that balls.ie page. I don't think there's much wrong with it sure it's a bit of craic. Think 99.9% of people would take it that way.

I agree with your post, but the rumours doing the rounds since you'd think he would want to put out those fires. Not the biggest deal in the world just found it a bit odd.