Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on August 13, 2017, 10:35:49 AM
Waterford have experience and came well through the qualifiers. You wouldn't know about Cork.
And it's august.
Deise by 2 points

I think "Kilkenny are shite" has a lovely ring to it

We get it Seafoid !!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2017, 10:41:40 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 13, 2017, 10:35:49 AM
Waterford have experience and came well through the qualifiers. You wouldn't know about Cork.
And it's august.
Deise by 2 points

I think "Kilkenny are shite" has a lovely ring to it

We get it Seafoid !!!
I was in some pub in Dublin on the morning of the 2015 final and looking at the KK fans. They looked so jaded.
Winning 10 all Irelands would probably do that to you.
There was no excitement when the cup was presented. It was like finishing a spreadsheet. 

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Who would Galway like to meet? Cork or Waterford?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2017, 10:58:31 AM
Who would Galway like to meet? Cork or Waterford?
We have never beaten Cork in a final but this Cork team is not very experienced and we have never beaten Waherford in championship but this year I would say we are better pound for pound. I think this team is ruthless.  Bring it on ! 

thejuice

I don't think Galway should fear either team but they have a poor record in finals since 1988 so it wouldn't surprise me if they came unstuck.but fingers crossed I hope they do it.

My father is a Galway hurling man and he's had poor enough health of late, god willing it will do the world of good to him for Galway to finally bridge the gap.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Zulu

Good start to the game but referee has decided there are no fouls in hurling which might help the spectacle but he is not doing his job.

macdanger2

Poor enough first half. Waterford look more likely at this stage

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Zulu on August 13, 2017, 03:47:15 PM
Good start to the game but referee has decided there are no fouls in hurling which might help the spectacle but he is not doing his job.
true
this is a trend in county hurling

seafoid

Cork are trying to hit the ball down the wings to bypass the sweeper but overhitting. Sign of a lack of experience.

manfromdelmonte

referee doing the opposite now

everything is a free

Milltown Row2

Zulu stick to the football threads please..

Hate the sweeper system at this level, hopefully Cork win through

seafoid

Deise missing chances and Cork dependent on Horgan

Milltown Row2

Zulu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2017, 04:32:07 PM

Zulu stick to the football threads please..

Hate the sweeper system at this level, hopefully Cork win through

Oh dear, the self appointed defender of shite refereeing speaks. There has been some awful decisions or non-decisions.