Wallaby on the loose in Co Tyrone.

Started by Puckoon, June 05, 2012, 11:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Conor Macauley would get a lash with the rubber piping if he climbed my grandfathers gate's in the middle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18324716

BBC Newsline's Conor Macauley went bush for the day to track down the elusive marsupial
Mystery surrounds the appearance of this little fellow in a field in County Tyrone.

He looks like a wallaby - which is used to much warmer temperatures - but seems right at home in the grass in Brantry near Eglish.

The little creature has created quite a bit of a stir among passers-by.

Many people have been stopping to have a look - but no one knows just how he managed to make it from Oz to his new surroundings.

Fergus McAnallen who took photographs of the creature said there was a "steady stream" of people trying to see it.

"I don't think anybody has any idea where it has come from," he said.

Sinn Fein councillor Phelim Gildernew said he had seen the 'wallaby'.

Continue reading the main story
"
Start Quote
It didn't just come from Australia on its own"
End Quote
Phelim Gildernew

Councillor
"It was in the lane way up to a farm," he said.

"It stayed there for quite a while, maybe half an hour or so. It hopped about back and forward up and down the lane.

"It didn't seem to be in any distress."

He said the 'wallaby' was creating a bit of controversy in the area.

"A lot of people are very sceptical when you tell them there's a kangaroo or a wallaby or whatever, they take it with a pinch of salt, but I can assure them it's true, it's there," he said.

He said the animal seemed to be fairly confident around people.

"I assume either somebody lost it or dropped it off, it didn't just come from Australia on its own," he said.

ONeill

It's Paddy O'Rourke in costume. Sneaky hoor.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trileacman

Quote from: Puckoon on June 05, 2012, 11:51:13 PM
Conor Macauley would get a lash with the rubber piping if he climbed my grandfathers gate's in the middle.

Gob's like that should be removed from the gene pool, trapping through some man's silage and then complaining that your "suit" trousers are wet. If you'd have dressed for a field and not for a wedding you'd have been grand ye thick ****.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Puckoon

I believe I may have butchered the apostrophe there, but I'm not sure. No doubt someone will enlighten me.

Puckoon

Maybe it's the same poor hewer the dubs were feckin' around with at the nightclub a few years ago. He's finally reached the land of milk and honey.

Billys Boots

There's a colony of wallabies on Lambay Island, off the coast of North County Dublin - apparently they were 'relocated' there in the 1980s when Dublin Zoo became overcrowded.  And they're surviving well, apparently.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

Life is a bitch. You get the trip of a lifetime to Ireland and end up in Tyrone.

Who'd wannabe a wallaby?

angermanagement

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 06, 2012, 10:07:37 AM
There's a colony of wallabies on Lambay Island, off the coast of North County Dublin - apparently they were 'relocated' there in the 1980s when Dublin Zoo became overcrowded.  And they're surviving well, apparently.

There was an All Ireland winner born on Lambay Island, can anyone name him ?

Declan

QuoteThere was an All Ireland winner born on Lambay Island, can anyone name him ?
Joe Rafferty Kildare 1905

Hardy

So it wasn't today nor yesterday Kildare started bringing in medal chasers.

Billys Boots

Hmmm, a long history of low self-esteem issues.  Poor divils.   :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hereiam

Mickey Harte has drafted the skitter in for the game on sunday. Due to start if mugsy isn't fit.

Archie Mitchell

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on June 06, 2012, 10:47:04 AM
Life is a bitch. You get the trip of a lifetime to Ireland and end up in Tyrone.

Who'd wannabe a wallaby?

Fair point. Apparently Meath was higher up on his wish-list, but he realised the place was already overflowing with wannabe wallabies!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Puckoon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18541504

The hoor obviously has no interest in the GAA. Did no one tell him the inbreds just got knocked out?