Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Power restored this evening there about 7.33pm
What a storm.
We were exactly 1 mile from the dead centre of the eye. The eye itself was 50 miles wide so we took a direct hit.  Irma came blasting through at Category 3-4 which is up to 150mph. I've never seen anything like it. Utter destruction. Trees ripped out of the ground, roots that were under tarmac all lifted. Stop signs and street signs, lamp posts, concrete benches - all pulled out. Pool coverings and patio cages crumpled in pieces. It was unreal.
I was able to take videos during the eye and about 30 mins up to the worst part. Was great to see nature up close - she is amazing and terrifying all at once.
Thanks everyone who has checked in. Hope you faired better Oraisteach in the panhandle!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Oraisteach

Iceman, though the eye passed close to Tallahassee, by the time it reached us it had weakened considerably, so damage was minimal. Glad you came out of it in good shape.

armaghniac

Next storm Maria at Cat 5 and heading for Puerto Rico, which hasn't had such a thing for 90 years.
It will veer away from Florida, but might still hit the US coast further north.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

highorlow

22 degrees here in Dublin today.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Milltown Row2

Quote from: highorlow on October 13, 2017, 02:05:30 PM
22 degrees here in Dublin today.

Same as Amsterdam and 25 tomorrow expected!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Anyone snowed in? looks like the midlands and west of Ireland has got the worst of it.

omaghjoe

2320 9 Dec in Socal...... 23°C  :( :( :( :( :(

Gimmie a bit o snow and frost anyday

Rossfan

We have snow outside so staying in bed for a while longer.
ZZZZZZZZZZ
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

laoislad

Only rain in Dublin. So like the Nordies during Storm Ophelia, because it's not bad here I'm refusing to believe it's bad anywhere else.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rossfan

You must work for RTÉ  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Weather is great up here! Beach was packed with the dog walkers! Lovely day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Six inches of snow in west Roscommon.

redzone

What is the best weather app ?

playwiththewind1st

Frank Mitchell is the go to man for the weather.