Dublin GAA

Started by mournerambler, July 15, 2007, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

This board, once a haven for the free-handed scatter-threaded gaels of Ireland, is now poisoned by yaps enveloped by their own perceived self-importance. What distinguished the gaaboard from almost every other sports board on the net was its uniqueness, surviving and thriving with little moaning to admin or even admin intervention. Contributors read threads of interest to them in the knowledge that every now and again normality would be resumed. About once a month it'd lose the run of itself but that's what made it different and incomparable across the webbed-globe. We were unparalleled in our haphazardness. We were renegades in the global village. We'd never heard of media and cultural imperialism because it didn't want to know us.

Now we're all just towing the cyberline...follow...follow....follow...same...same....same. The fecking bore police are trying to make their lives more important.

Admin, can we put all the yaps into a sub-section of the board? There they can talk about how they saved the world
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tankie

Well LaoisLad is a self confessed WUM so he can for a starter!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on July 18, 2007, 11:54:01 PM

I wasn't until you joined
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 18, 2007, 11:55:00 PM

Tankie didnt really start posting  till after the Leinster Final . You where on the wind up well before it
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on July 18, 2007, 11:55:54 PM

Tankie didnt really start posting  till after the Leinster Final . You where on the wind up well before it

YWAN im going to bed....Have a w**k or something Gnevin it might help you relax
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 18, 2007, 11:57:19 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 18, 2007, 11:55:54 PM

YWAN im going to bed....Have a w**k or something Gnevin it might help you relax
Yet a other attempt by LL too wind people up
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteThis board, once a haven for the free-handed scatter-threaded gaels of Ireland, is now poisoned by yaps enveloped by their own perceived self-importance. What distinguished the gaaboard from almost every other sports board on the net was its uniqueness, surviving and thriving with little moaning to admin or even admin intervention. Contributors read threads of interest to them in the knowledge that every now and again normality would be resumed. About once a month it'd lose the run of itself but that's what made it different and incomparable across the webbed-globe. We were unparalleled in our haphazardness. We were renegades in the global village. We'd never heard of media and cultural imperialism because it didn't want to know us.

Now we're all just towing the cyberline...follow...follow....follow...same...same....same. The fecking bore police are trying to make their lives more important.

Admin, can we put all the yaps into a sub-section of the board? There they can talk about how they saved the world

I actually agree with O'Neill (feeling weak, have to lie down)

I cant believe the mods actually listened to them and merged the threads.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Lads, I think this threads-merge is a merge too far.

Perhaps the criterion for this board should be that the story must be worthy of national media, otherwise it goes onto the local board (about which board and the hurling board I now have severe reservations – very sterile and spiritless places), and whether we like to admit it or not, where Dublin's concerned, it's generally national media. Not surprising really, since it's the Captial, Croke's there, it's the gravitational centre of Ireland and, not uniquely to Ireland, it's the place we most like to see brought down a peg or two, all of us, almost.

We might as well agitate for the relocation of the capital to Ballygobackwards as complain about the Dubs here, methinks.  And the only way to relegate Dub threads is to post about something else!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

his holiness nb

Its gas, many of the threads were started by non dubs, then the non dubs complained that there were to many and they should be merged, then they merged them and people give out !

I actually feel for admin on this one, they cant win.
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 19, 2007, 09:52:43 AM
Its gas, many of the threads were started by non dubs, then the non dubs complained that there were to many and they should be merged, then they merged them and people give out !

I actually feel for admin on this one, they cant win.
The simple solution is to so the non dub posting crap

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ONeill on July 18, 2007, 11:51:20 PM
This board, once a haven for the free-handed scatter-threaded gaels of Ireland, is now poisoned by yaps enveloped by their own perceived self-importance. What distinguished the gaaboard from almost every other sports board on the net was its uniqueness, surviving and thriving with little moaning to admin or even admin intervention. Contributors read threads of interest to them in the knowledge that every now and again normality would be resumed. About once a month it'd lose the run of itself but that's what made it different and incomparable across the webbed-globe. We were unparalleled in our haphazardness. We were renegades in the global village. We'd never heard of media and cultural imperialism because it didn't want to know us.

This from the most boring bollocks on the board  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

magpie seanie

O'Neill is a lot of things to a lot of people but I wouldn't have thought boring was one of them!

Hardy

I'd nearly rephrase some of that:

O'Neill is a lot of people ...

Only joking. Not boring, though.

Uladh

Surprising to see him stray from his comfort zone onto a football thread though.

Is the ploughing and tractor reversing out of season?

Mike Sheehy

meowww...jaysus, the Armagh lads are very touchy these days