Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 17, 2020, 02:22:48 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on January 17, 2020, 02:15:57 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 17, 2020, 12:40:57 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 17, 2020, 12:35:25 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 17, 2020, 12:32:20 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 17, 2020, 12:26:15 PM
Paddy Holohan proving to be a great addition to the Party in the south!!

https://www.joe.ie/politics/sinn-fein-distances-paddy-holohan-councillor-suggested-underage-girls-making-false-rape-claims-blackmailing-men-691115

Look any party has it's share of lunatics and SF are definitely no different but the fact that they're defending him is just stupid.
???
"These are not appropriate comments to make and are not the views of Sinn Féin."

Ms McDonald said she believed Mr Holohan said he was misinterpreted because he was probably frustrated that the remarks gave the impression he held views different to the ones he is associated with.

https://www.rte.ie/news/election-2020/2020/0116/1107829-sinn-fein-holohan/

Don't shoot me here but in regards to the family man comments I don't really see anything wrong with it. A father  who goes to work and has kids in school would better understand the struggles of juggling work, pick ups, childcare costs etc over a person with no kids.

Much in the same way that a woman would far better understand women's issues than a man would.

I don't see how anyone could take offence by that. The other comment however about heritage was rather stupid.

It had serious homophobic undertones

If it had then of course he is in the wrong. I have just read the clips in the newspaper and was reading them at face value.

Just by reading the comments it could apply to any single policital such as Angela Merkel. Leo being gay should not come into the equation. I wonder if people are reading the undertones because Leo is gay and if that is the case then any warranted criticism can be swotted away as homophobic.

Clearly if he was only saying it due to Leo being gay then it's out of order.

gallsman

Wee Jamie wants to know how they're going to prevent discrimination against non-Irish speakers when it comes to recruitment for the the position of... Irish language translators.

BennyCake

Quote from: gallsman on January 18, 2020, 02:21:10 PM
Wee Jamie wants to know how they're going to prevent discrimination against non-Irish speakers when it comes to recruitment for the the position of... Irish language translators.

Now, that's a puzzler.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: BennyCake on January 18, 2020, 02:46:05 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 18, 2020, 02:21:10 PM

Now, that's a puzzler.

Stick 'must possess basic knowledge of Ulster Scots' within your 'Desirable' criteria & it's nae problem Jimmy.

Main Street

Quote from: tyrone08 on January 17, 2020, 02:36:27 PM

https://www.joe.ie/politics/sinn-fein-distances-paddy-holohan-councillor-suggested-underage-girls-making-false-rape-claims-blackmailing-men-691115

Look any party has it's share of lunatics and SF are definitely no different but the fact that they're defending him is just stupid.
???
"These are not appropriate comments to make and are not the views of Sinn Féin."

Ms McDonald said she believed Mr Holohan said he was misinterpreted because he was probably frustrated that the remarks gave the impression he held views different to the ones he is associated with.

Don't shoot me here but in regards to the family man comments I don't really see anything wrong with it. A father  who goes to work and has kids in school would better understand the struggles of juggling work, pick ups, childcare costs etc over a person with no kids.

Much in the same way that a woman would far better understand women's issues than a man would.

I don't see how anyone could take offence by that. The other comment however about heritage was rather stupid.

If it had then of course he is in the wrong. I have just read the clips in the newspaper and was reading them at face value.

Just by reading the comments it could apply to any single policital such as Angela Merkel. Leo being gay should not come into the equation. I wonder if people are reading the undertones because Leo is gay and if that is the case then any warranted criticism can be swotted away as homophobic.

Possibly if he had made an isolated comment about 'Family Man', Holohan might have got away with a yellow card,  but that coupled with the reference to Leo's Indian background separating him from Irish history, not only highlights the homophobic bias but dives full on into fascist ideology - Blood and Soil.   Here Holohan hits two birds with the one stone, Leo's ethnicity and he implicitly states that an Irish person's connection to Ireland runs through generations of Irish blood. He goes further to imply that the pure Irish connection to Irish history only/mainly  flows via the father, possibly there's a drip feed from the mother, but insignificant.
Out and out total gobshitery.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on January 19, 2020, 02:58:13 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on January 17, 2020, 02:36:27 PM

???

Possibly if he had made an isolated comment about 'Family Man', Holohan might have got away with a yellow card,  but that coupled with the reference to Leo's Indian background separating him from Irish history, not only highlights the homophobic bias but dives full on into fascist ideology - Blood and Soil.   Here Holohan hits two birds with the one stone, Leo's ethnicity and he implicitly states that an Irish person's connection to Ireland runs through generations of Irish blood. He goes further to imply that the pure Irish connection to Irish history only/mainly  flows via the father, possibly there's a drip feed from the mother, but insignificant.
Out and out total gobshitery.

He should be kicked out, a buffoon is what he is

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 31, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 31, 2020, 11:17:07 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51323053

And so it continues.
Sweet Jesus
What continues?

Nepotism.
She will become unemployed today. Employed again tomorrow. At one time her husband was a non elected SPAD on 90k. She is now set to become a non elected MLA.

Raymond was sorted with second home in Donegal and wee nest egg in last few years. There will be an unofficial pension there for him anyhow.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 31, 2020, 11:29:00 AM

And so it continues.
Sweet Jesus

Elisha McCallion employed in the constituency office I would assume

Not as yet.

Either that or a CEO in one of Derry City's community/voluntary organisations is on the cards.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 31, 2020, 11:44:48 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 31, 2020, 11:28:12 AM

And so it continues.
Sweet Jesus
What continues?

Nepotism.
She will become unemployed today. Employed again tomorrow. At one time her husband was a non elected SPAD on 90k. She is now set to become a non elected MLA.

Raymond was sorted with second home in Donegal and wee nest egg in last few years. There will be an unofficial pension there for him anyhow.

Is this not just standard Co-opting that all parties including the SDLP use?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

screenexile

f**k me you'd have thought someone would have the foresight to shuffle her off when the chance was there.

f**king dickhead of the highest order there is no way she helps things in Stormont!!

AFM

Quote from: screenexile on January 31, 2020, 01:55:33 PM
f**k me you'd have thought someone would have the foresight to shuffle her off when the chance was there.

f**king dickhead of the highest order there is no way she helps things in Stormont!!

;D