Win a Mortgage free house for £100 - good idea??

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 18, 2008, 04:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.yournewhomeni.com/

Basically he's raffling off his house - trying to sell 6,500 tickets for £100 each

Would you take a chance???

brokencrossbar1

You have to register as a charitable organisation from memory to be able to do this.  I was involved in doing some groundwork for a club who did it about 6-7 years ago. Under gaming regulations you need to be registered.  I think it proceeded alright but the wave of raffles soon stopped.

bcarrier

The Watcher Pat

A club round here done it a few years back.. Limited the tickets to 2,000 for a house worth £150,000 Bought my mum a ticket for her birthday...That would have been some present if it had have come in!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

passedit

Quote from: bcarrier on November 18, 2008, 05:59:43 PM
passedit is looking to buy one for a £100  ;).

Not wrong bc, I reckon i'll get one inside the circulars for less than 100k within two years. As for NI houses, they'll be giving them away in lucky bags soon.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/House-prices-fall-46k-in.4702947.jp
Don't Panic

gerry

see a banner in omagh main street, win a house with tickets £100 a pop.

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

new devil

I know the two of them right and well..used to work with kate..Hope it works out for them

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Donagh

The terms and condtions are some craic:

# 15. By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information which they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
# 16. There is no limit to the number of entries that any one person can make via this website.
# 17. The property was independently valued during the Summer 2008 in comparison with the value of similar properties in the immediate vicinity. The Promoter is not responsible or liable in any way for the Valuation and makes no representation or warranty in respect of its accuracy.
# 18. All Entries will become the property of the Promoters on receipt and will not be returned.
# 19. Entrants will receive a combined confirmation e-mail and receipt from the Promoters within 2 days receipt of their Entry into the Competition.
# 20. The Promoters do not retain details of each Entry for subsequent third part or other access directly from the Website. It is the sole responsibility of each Entrant to retain a copy of the confirmations e-mail referred to above for their future reference.
# 21. The Promoters reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason.

under the bar

I would buy a tickets for £100 providing I could be totally confident that the competition was all above board.

orangeman

Is this the same Conor Devine who used to play for Cookstown ?

Minder

Is this the same thread that we had last week? Where the fella built this house beside his own, basically got greedy and got his fingers burnt?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SidelineKick

It is indeed, and as I said last week I can almost guarantee they wont sell the required number so they will extend the draw, which they are entitled to do as stated in their wonderful terms and conditions.  After this 3 month extension they still wont have sold enough so the draw will be made for the cash prize.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.