Drones

Started by Insane Bolt, December 20, 2018, 10:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Hereiam on December 25, 2018, 08:21:42 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46676762
And just like that the brits have it all sorted. Jesus they really do think people believe everything they say

Well that was certainly a productive 72 hours eh?

grounded

Quote from: markl121 on December 23, 2018, 03:30:00 PM
Its odd that in this day and age there isn't any decent footage of these drones. Supposedly there were 50 or so sightings and not one videoed it? yet one wee gaa fight and half the country has a video. Ill get my tinfoil hat.

Correct. Entire episode is bizarre. No footage whatsoever of drone. 92 sightings from what the police stated as credible witnesses.
     How many of those were actually of the Drones deployed by the police themselves?
     Senior officer saying there may not have been any drones and then a further statement after this saying this was a 'miscommunication' on his part.
     2 drones recovered from Gatwick site ruled out. The 2 poor buggers arrested, held for 36hrs and then released without charge.
     Anti drone equipment now rushed into operation at Gatwick and potentially other UK airports. Cost?
     Drone legislation was enacted in July of this year with the
     Drone (regulation) bill to have its second reading in February 2019.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote@DublinAirport

For safety reasons we are temporarily suspending flight operations @DublinAirport due the confirmed sighting of a drone over the airfield. Passengers should contact their airline's website for flight updates. We will post updates here when they become available.

Insane Bolt

Panorama now BBC1

RedHand88

Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 15, 2019, 08:32:02 PM
Panorama now BBC1

Missed it, what was the jist?

Thinking of going to the Giants causeway next week with my own, anyone any experience of filming around there?

Hardy

I'm told it's worth filming but not worth going to film.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 15, 2019, 10:03:26 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 15, 2019, 08:32:02 PM
Panorama now BBC1

Missed it, what was the jist?

Thinking of going to the Giants causeway next week with my own, anyone any experience of filming around there?

My take on the programme.......there was no drone...over 150 'witnesses'......yet not one photo or video....every man and his dog has a smart phone never mind airport security measures. Gatwick spent £5 million on a military system. Airport chief thought it was an insider.

Boycey

I tended to side with the drone enthusiasts who said there was no drone.. The boy running Gatwick didn't inspire me with confidence