Max Clifford

Started by StGallsGAA, May 03, 2014, 10:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2014, 01:13:12 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 05, 2014, 08:35:22 AM
What evidence was there against him?  Seemed to be a flimsy enough case.  A couple of dolls say he did such and such forty years ago and he says he didn't.  Surely there has to be more evidence required than this?

A bit like the recent discussion about Gerry Adams, it is difficult to investigate events 40 years ago. There is no doubt Clifford was taking advantage of groupies, and offering to "advance their career" and generally chancing his arm. However I imagine most of the events took place in private and it seems to me very difficult to prove something beyond reasonable doubt when the person did not report it for 30 years. But I haven't read accounts of trail in detail.

I've thought the same myself about Adams, in that it was a waste of time and they would have no real evidence to charge him with.  Seem to be a whole lot of inconsistencies with the law, even with the way Robert Black got convicted for the Jennifer Cardy murder yet Robert Howard got off with the Arlene Arkinson murder.  There was probably more evidence to convict Howard than there was Black.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

If it is as simple as that then I'm sure he will appeal.