Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Quote from: screenexile on October 01, 2019, 05:24:11 PM
I don't particularly like him and thought he was a disgrace on the Off the Ball show in Dublin but couldn't stop listening to Keane the way he was talking last night. . . he was excellent in everything he said and it was very insightful and a glimpse into the way he thought when playing football. He should be like that more!!

Utd were muck last night especially Pogba!
I enjoyed what he said too. He was very green and raw coming from Forest looking back but blossomed under the professionalism there and learned a lot from the established pros within the team. You could say he got whipped into shape. You'd wonder how a young Keane would do coming into this Utd squad. Could very well get frustrated with the negativity, make headlines off the pitch, go off the rails and pick up a bucket full of red cards before being moved on after a couple of seasons.

Boycey

Why should Pogba get more criticism that the other United midfielders? I'll tell you why cause he's better than them (or should be anyways) Matic and Mata are really good pros but on the wane particularly Matic. McTominey, Pereira or any other of the young lads may not be and may never be good enough for United but they'll leave it out there every day, will Pogba?

He's been agitating for a move and will again I'm sure, unless nobody comes for him and then he'll sign a new bumper contract and show some desire at least briefly. Is he a leader? He's certainly the leader of the poison dressing room so why not on the field?

He's a supremely talented footballer or could be if he could be arsed. I don't think he starred in the World Cup other than one game, can't remember which, but the fact that he played in a Cup winning team says all you need to know about him.

BennyCake

Why is Pogba still there?

He clearly didn't want to be there last season. He was itching for a move, stirring the pot and fans were clearly fed up with his attitude and poor performances, as displayed after the final league game.

Does none of the big European clubs want him, rate him or can't afford him? What's the story? I would've put any money I had on him not being at United this season.

Hound

Quote from: BennyCake on October 01, 2019, 07:23:12 PM

He clearly didn't want to be there last season. He was itching for a move, stirring the pot and fans were clearly fed up with his attitude and poor performances, as displayed after the final league game.

Does none of the big European clubs want him, rate him or can't afford him? What's the story? I would've put any money I had on him not being at United this season.
Zidane wanted him for Real. Clubs were miles apart on price.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Hound on October 01, 2019, 08:30:27 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 01, 2019, 07:23:12 PM

He clearly didn’t want to be there last season. He was itching for a move, stirring the pot and fans were clearly fed up with his attitude and poor performances, as displayed after the final league game.

Does none of the big European clubs want him, rate him or can’t afford him? What’s the story? I would’ve put any money I had on him not being at United this season.
Zidane wanted him for Real. Clubs were miles apart on price.

Because Real wanted to get one the worlds most marketable players at a cut price.

If United had owners and chief executive who run a club to make them better on the field. Pobga would be sold last summer and midfielder and striker would be brought in on Pogbas transfer fee alone.

Maroon Manc

Nothing surprising about the quality of the game, Tuanzebe did well apart from his mistake for the goal and is now first choice back up to Maguire & Lindelof and given the form of the later it might not be too long before he's first choice. Young again was dreadful, he's finished and has now become a major liability. Rashford & Lingard lacking in confidence although Rashford doesn't look fit, Pereira who doesn't look good enough had started to play his best football of the season before he was taken off.

As for Pogba he was very average, didn't look interested to me and thats not the first time thats happened. As it stands he wants out and doesn't look happy but its a long time between now and the end of the season and things can change. A big problem is that he's the clubs only huge name and sponsors want to see plenty of big names at the club for obvious reasons.

Hound

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 02, 2019, 12:18:24 PM
Nothing surprising about the quality of the game, Tuanzebe did well apart from his mistake for the goal and is now first choice back up to Maguire & Lindelof and given the form of the later it might not be too long before he's first choice. Young again was dreadful, he's finished and has now become a major liability. Rashford & Lingard lacking in confidence although Rashford doesn't look fit, Pereira who doesn't look good enough had started to play his best football of the season before he was taken off.

As for Pogba he was very average, didn't look interested to me and thats not the first time thats happened. As it stands he wants out and doesn't look happy but its a long time between now and the end of the season and things can change. A big problem is that he's the clubs only huge name and sponsors want to see plenty of big names at the club for obvious reasons.
What do you think of James?

I thought he looked really exciting. The energy and enthusiasm he has is in stark contrast to most of the rest of the midfield/forwards. When the Arsenal full back got booked early, it looked an obvious ploy to just get the ball to James early and often to go at him. But just didnt happen.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Hound on October 02, 2019, 01:02:45 PM

I thought he looked really exciting. The energy and enthusiasm he has is in stark contrast to most of the rest of the midfield/forwards. When the Arsenal full back got booked early, it looked an obvious ploy to just get the ball to James early and often to go at him. But just didnt happen.

A great prospect with frightening pace who should be in squad able to be 'broke in' gently. At Utd he finds himself thrown in at the deep end which I dont think he's ready for yet (yes his goals have been good)

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 02, 2019, 01:55:47 PM

A great prospect with frightening pace who should be in squad able to be 'broke in' gently. At Utd he finds himself thrown in at the deep end which I dont think he's ready for yet (yes his goals have been good)

I'm delighted with him he's still very raw but has contributed more than any other player in an attacking form. I think they've got a bargain at £18m, Leeds must be kicking themselves as I think they had him for £5m last xmas.

BennyCake

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 02, 2019, 01:55:47 PM

Yes I would agree. Rashford is the same.

Geoff Tipps

10 away games without a win and not a shot on target tonight.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 03, 2019, 08:23:20 PM

The Oracle!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Jesus, United are a total shambles.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2019, 08:26:47 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 03, 2019, 08:23:20 PM

The Oracle!

Worst run since 1989.
Glad you're enjoying the stats!

trailer

Just take a shot. Even from 40 yards.