Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronco

Seems Taylor and the wobbler are either unwilling or unable to address my posts asking them to explain what they mean.

Quite telling...

Taylor

Quote from: Bronco on October 05, 2020, 04:26:33 PM
Seems Taylor and the wobbler are either unwilling or unable to address my posts asking them to explain what they mean.

Quite telling...

::)

Aye - seems telling.

On social media presence - the ballsing around - the haircuts - promoting brands - dancing etc etc when his performances are so shit.

Bennycake put it well.

Happy now?

Bronco

Ballsing around? No idea what this means

Haircuts and dancing - seriously? Lol. Wise up man.

thewobbler

Quite telling...

Quite telling? Lad I'm working.

Paul Pogba is a most commercial footballer. The epitome of "it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it". His focus is on his brand, not his career. His inability to maintain a consistent performance level means he can't currently attract a better brand (club) to partner with. Which is why the transfer tittle tattle has dried up. He will only go somewhere if it makes him more marketable. So he has largely given up, and instead of being inconsistent, he's now unbothered.

Funnily enough I would at least praise him for having focus on something. Martial is even lazier. Too much money too young for that one.

Taylor

Quote from: Bronco on October 05, 2020, 04:39:30 PM
Ballsing around? No idea what this means

Haircuts and dancing - seriously? Lol. Wise up man.

LOL  ::)

Quite telling.

Bronco

Jesus. More than a whiff of Big Ron vibes off this one.

Quote from: thewobbler on October 05, 2020, 04:41:00 PM

Quite telling...

Paul Pogba is a most commercial footballer. The epitome of "it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it". His focus is on his brand, not his career. His inability to maintain a consistent performance level means he can't currently attract a better brand (club) to partner with. Which is why the transfer tittle tattle has dried up. He will only go somewhere if it makes him more marketable. So he has largely given up, and instead of being inconsistent, he's now unbothered.

Funnily enough I would at least praise him for having focus on something. Martial is even lazier. Too much money too young for that one.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on October 05, 2020, 04:22:03 PM

Haven't heard much of Souness, but I do listen to Giles quite regularly on Eamon Dunphy's podcast.

They were actually only talking about Pogba last week, and from what I remember, Giles was quite complementary about him, particularly ability-wise, but putting the problem down to United's tactics and the way he was being used, with United not playing to his strengths. Basically, he doesn't fit the team.
The impression I got from Giles a couple of years ago was that he thought Pogba was trouble

Perhaps the Giles-endorsed Labour TD Aodhan O'Riordain has had a word in his ear since

Personally I think it's nonsense to say Pogba doesn't fit a team

He's the guy you build your team around

But he has also shown he can sacrifice himself for the benefit of the team as he did when France won the World Cup, he played quite a defensive role if I remember rightly and it was only in the final, when France already had the upper hand, that he let loose

All comes back to the lack of good management on the football side of things at Manchester United

Quality managers know how to exploit quality players, Solsklaer is a place holder who they don't have the guts to move on

Mourinho is still an above average coach but he was poison personality wise at United, and at the height of his paranoia

thewobbler

Quote from: Bronco on October 05, 2020, 04:48:01 PM

Quite telling...

It smacks of McCarthyism when you can't criticise players for fear of being branded a racist.

Luke Shaw is a key member of the lazy camp too. But a player of his limited technique and versatility maxed out in life in getting a long term Man Utd contract. Even if he gave a Henderson-style determination to proceedings he'd still be an average left back.

Whereas Martial and Pogba both have the physical and technical attributes to rank among the best players in the world. What's stopping them isn't a series of managers, it is themselves.

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on October 05, 2020, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 05, 2020, 04:22:03 PM

Haven't heard much of Souness, but I do listen to Giles quite regularly on Eamon Dunphy's podcast.

They were actually only talking about Pogba last week, and from what I remember, Giles was quite complementary about him, particularly ability-wise, but putting the problem down to United's tactics and the way he was being used, with United not playing to his strengths. Basically, he doesn't fit the team.
The impression I got from Giles a couple of years ago was that he thought Pogba was trouble

Perhaps the Giles-endorsed Labour TD Aodhan O'Riordain has had a word in his ear since

Personally I think it's nonsense to say Pogba doesn't fit a team

He's the guy you build your team around

But he has also shown he can sacrifice himself for the benefit of the team as he did when France won the World Cup, he played quite a defensive role if I remember rightly and it was only in the final, when France already had the upper hand, that he let loose

All comes back to the lack of good management on the football side of things at Manchester United

Quality managers know how to exploit quality players, Solsklaer is a place holder who they don't have the guts to move on

Mourinho is still an above average coach but he was poison personality wise at United, and at the height of his paranoia

But that was his point. United haven't built their team around him. They're not using him correctly or giving him a role to get the best out of him. Which, given their management and player recruitment issues in the past five or six years, is not surprising.

Anyway, I'm not a United expert. There's plenty on here know a hell of lot more about the situation. Was just relaying my impression of what Giles was saying.

Bronco

Essentially you believe the overweight consistently awful white English left-back "maxed out in life" while the goalscoring black man is lazy and was given too much money too young.

Gotcha Ron 👍

Quote from: thewobbler on October 05, 2020, 07:31:01 PM

Quite telling...

It smacks of McCarthyism when you can't criticise players for fear of being branded a racist.

Luke Shaw is a key member of the lazy camp too. But a player of his limited technique and versatility maxed out in life in getting a long term Man Utd contract. Even if he gave a Henderson-style determination to proceedings he'd still be an average left back.

Whereas Martial and Pogba both have the physical and technical attributes to rank among the best players in the world. What's stopping them isn't a series of managers, it is themselves.

thewobbler

Quote from: Bronco on October 05, 2020, 07:36:22 PM
Essentially you believe the overweight consistently awful white English left-back "maxed out in life" while the goalscoring black man is lazy and was given too much money too young.

Gotcha Ron 👍

Quote from: thewobbler on October 05, 2020, 07:31:01 PM

Quite telling...

Hold on. I suggested that Shaw got more or less everything he can achieve in this game (a huge financial reward) and this contributes to his laziness. Just how are you misinterpreting this to fit your agenda?

I do wonder about you.

Boycey

What the fcuk is wrong with yis? Multiple posts on different threads all with one purpose and yis still engage him  :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on October 05, 2020, 09:29:21 PM
What the fcuk is wrong with yis? Multiple posts on different threads all with one purpose and yis still engage him  :o

A fuckwit of the highest order. Straight out of hoganstand!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bronco

Is this the kind of unprovoked abuse which is tolerated round these parts?

Very unbecoming behaviour from a referee imo.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2020, 10:18:17 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 05, 2020, 09:29:21 PM

A fuckwit of the highest order. Straight out of hoganstand!

Bronco

Meanwhile racial stereotyping goes completely unchallenged by the rest of you. A sorry state of affairs.