The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

screenexile

Quote from: Nanderson on October 12, 2019, 12:37:55 PM
On the new high tackles, could you not fabricate a yellow/red card by just taking the hit and running into a players shoulder?

Are you from Tyrone???

Solo_run

Quote from: Itchy on October 12, 2019, 12:36:27 PM
If you get 8 tries do you get 2  bonus points?

Only get the one for the 4.

I can see Sexton coming off although I think he should play at least another 10-15 minutes.

Milltown Row2

Will Ireland top the group if the game tomorrow (looking more likely now) is cancelled?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Solo_run

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2019, 12:52:58 PM
Will Ireland top the group if the game tomorrow (looking more likely now) is cancelled?

No. Japan will also be on 16 and will win the h2h

David McKeown

Quote from: screenexile on October 12, 2019, 12:29:22 PM
If Stockdale is a few inches smaller the first is a red but the Aki call was right.

Very unfortunate though you can see how it happened.

This is going to be another stutter to the finish line!

I can see why it's given but the Samoan player has a slightly unnatural body shape as if he's about to try a sidestep and is lower than expected and Aki steps rather than runs into the tackle. I don't see it being much worse than the Lamb one
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

David McKeown

Quote from: Solo_run on October 12, 2019, 12:55:21 PM

Pending legal action from Scotland of course

Solo_run

Quote from: David McKeown on October 12, 2019, 12:55:43 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 12, 2019, 12:29:22 PM
If Stockdale is a few inches smaller the first is a red but the Aki call was right.

Very unfortunate though you can see how it happened.

This is going to be another stutter to the finish line!

I can see why it's given but the Samoan player has a slightly unnatural body shape as if he's about to try a sidestep and is lower than expected and Aki steps rather than runs into the tackle. I don't see it being much worse than the Lamb one

It's one of those tackles that is open to interpretation. However to me Aki didn't do enough to go down low. The speed they were going at each other didn't help but you still need to be aiming low in the tackle.

Solo_run

Quote from: David McKeown on October 12, 2019, 12:56:21 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on October 12, 2019, 12:55:21 PM

Pending legal action from Scotland of course

I think Scotland should get to play the game even if it is behind closed doors in another part of the country. World Rugby should have considered this when they awarded Japan the WC.

That being said, Scotland signed off on the tournament rules. That is a legal agreement. If Scotland are given the chance to play the  game it is going to piss Italy off.

The whole thing is a sham.

gallsman

Look at the two tackles. The Samoan lad was bent over 90 degrees or more. Barely possible to do anything more to avoid contact with the head. Aki didn't.

Both decisions correct.

trileacman

Why is there no clamour to tier the World Cup the same way there is the GAA championship? There's nearly as many people in Samoa as there is in Tyrone.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

David McKeown

Quote from: gallsman on October 12, 2019, 01:01:46 PM
Look at the two tackles. The Samoan lad was bent over 90 degrees or more. Barely possible to do anything more to avoid contact with the head. Aki didn't.

Both decisions correct.

Suppose it depends what you are looking for. Lamb sees Stockdale coming a mile away so no excuse to be anywhere near Stockdale's head whereas Aki is a very broken piece of play that happens much more quickly.

thewobbler

Quote from: trileacman on October 12, 2019, 01:09:58 PM
Why is there no clamour to tier the World Cup the same way there is the GAA championship? There's nearly as many people in Samoa as there is in Tyrone.

Why are so many "GAA people" going out of their ways to be offended by another sport?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: trileacman on October 12, 2019, 01:09:58 PM

It's already tiered  ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

Solo_run

That should have been a yellow for the Farrell-esque tackle as he didn't wrap the player.