Facilities, Pitches

Started by GlenMan, December 08, 2014, 02:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

I was asked an interesting question over the weekend about GAA Club facilities in Tyrone- Which Club has the best facilities? I couldn't really give an answer! Anyone have any ideas on which Clubs have the best?

Christmas Lights

Donaghmore seem to have a really good setup.  Changing rooms are probably the best in the county ive seen anyway.  Pitch is a bit heavy but good all the same.  In general, a lot of clubs in Tyrone have good setups

blewuporstuffed

Killyclogher pitch is fantastic and have reasonably new changing rooms.

the new pitch at carrickmore is also excellent and is probably the best venue for hosting club championship games
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

superstar_

Greencastle up there with the best as well. Two fine pithces, stands, 3G pitch.
Some setup

Tyrone Gaa

Edendork are pretty fresh has well, with a great playing surface.  If only they had a stand for spectators

Off the top of my head, clubs that would need to improve facilities are Dungannon, Pomeroy, Coalisland
Living the dream!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: superstar_ on December 08, 2014, 05:09:04 PM
Greencastle up there with the best as well. Two fine pithces, stands, 3G pitch.
Some setup

Disabled section in the stand too.
Testing Accessibility

TF15

Decent set-up in Greencastle alright, but a $hite place to play from a players perspective as the wind is always ridiculous.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: TF15 on February 24, 2015, 06:06:27 PM
Decent set-up in Greencastle alright, but a $hite place to play from a players perspective as the wind is always ridiculous.

Nothing like a big wind to ruin a match. Greencastles facilities are top notch, it's the exposed location that lets it down.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on February 25, 2015, 09:24:14 AM

Nothing like a big wind to ruin a match. Greencastles facilities are top notch, it's the exposed location that lets it down.

awful, worst thing ever happened is the big new development because its attracting more games than ever, conditions just be a disaster, its so open even the atmosphere is destroyed.
Strabane's surface is first class and Killyman's has always been superb too.
Couple of bad fields throughout the country too of course but generally facilities are much better than their counterparts in the rest of ulster I believe
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

ziggysego

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on April 01, 2015, 01:15:45 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on February 25, 2015, 09:24:14 AM

awful, worst thing ever happened is the big new development because its attracting more games than ever, conditions just be a disaster, its so open even the atmosphere is destroyed.
Strabane's surface is first class and Killyman's has always been superb too.
Couple of bad fields throughout the country too of course but generally facilities are much better than their counterparts in the rest of ulster I believe

If yer not hardy enough to cope with a wee breeze, that ain't our problem ;)
Testing Accessibility

redzone

Drumquins training pitch beside the main pitch was used for round bales this year. Must be struggling big time down there for good ground

Gaafan2

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 09, 2014, 01:01:32 PM
Edendork are pretty fresh has well, with a great playing surface.  If only they had a stand for spectators

Off the top of my head, clubs that would need to improve facilities are Dungannon, Pomeroy, Coalisland

http://ulsterherald.com/2017/12/02/pomeroy-buzzing-major-new-community-projects/

Work commencing on the new facilities next month. That'll put us up there with the best in the county.

southtyronegael

loughmacrory have great setup with lovely seated stand.

In hiding

Fintona have a great set up