Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: theskull1 on September 24, 2013, 12:20:18 PM
Another part of unionisms proud culture exposed. The culture of ensuring you don't sell ground to Catholics.

Long known to be the case (but yet under the radar of media glare).

It's under the radar as the Stormont Executive decided to bail out the PMS for millions following the collapse of their many property deals that were bought solely to stop Catholics from buying.....
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Feckitt

John McBlain of Spitting Politics was in the Belfast Telegraph today complaining that satirical website 'Loyalists against Democracy' had faked a clip showing him making some vile jokes about child abuse and murdering Catholics.

Loyalists against Democracy responded today by putting up a second video which was taken in a different location(at a 12th July field tent) doing the exact same routine.  Only this time it clearly identifies yer man, and could in no way be a fake.  Their facebook page while a wee bit crude at times, is actually really good, and really funny, and it is exposing countless people every day for the bigots that they are.
I thought that Willie Frazer was the nuttiest person about, but there are actually thousands out there who are just like him.

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

imtommygunn

Robinson would need to watch his mud slinging - i expect a few could hit him back with a few iris jokes and perhaps worse.

I've a funny feeling the half marathon went past that mural on sunday. Great advert for the city ::)

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 24, 2013, 08:23:19 PM
Robinson would need to watch his mud slinging - i expect a few could hit him back with a few iris jokes and perhaps worse.

I've a funny feeling the half marathon went past that mural on sunday. Great advert for the city ::)

Funny that no one on the unionist/loyalist side picked up on the implied bigotry of Robinson but were more concerned on the facts whether Allister was indeed a trustee or executor of the will or not rather than the concern over selling land to a catholic who was automatically labelled a republican by our Pete.

Don't expect this aspect of Peters dig to run in the media unless the family involved push hard for their apology.

qubdub

The implied bigotry underlined in Peter's little jibe I can understand and we should all be well used to that nonsense by now (pig, grunt, etc).

I have never cared much for Jim Allister and his brand of politics but bringing in his wife, her family and their deceased brother was pretty pathetic by Peter Robinson. Nobody deserves to have that thrown at them; and then to be laughed at by the rest of the DUP cronies. They've no shame that lot.

OakleafCounty

Twelve years ago my parents had obstacle after obstacle put in front of them in trying to buy a house from a Prod farmer. It had to be passed at a local free masons meeting and they also had to pay 10 grand above the asking price even though there was no other bidders. In the end they got the house and are still there and their sons wore our GAA gear without realising how much we were probably getting at the locals.

armaghniac

QuoteI have never cared much for Jim Allister and his brand of politics but bringing in his wife, her family and their deceased brother was pretty pathetic by Peter Robinson. Nobody deserves to have that thrown at them; and then to be laughed at by the rest of the DUP cronies. They've no shame that lot.

One would imagine that Robinson, of all people, might have some respect for the idea of not involving famility members in politic dirt slinging.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnneycool

Quote from: armaghniac on September 25, 2013, 01:39:54 PM
QuoteI have never cared much for Jim Allister and his brand of politics but bringing in his wife, her family and their deceased brother was pretty pathetic by Peter Robinson. Nobody deserves to have that thrown at them; and then to be laughed at by the rest of the DUP cronies. They've no shame that lot.

One would imagine that Robinson, of all people, might have some respect for the idea of not involving famility members in politic dirt slinging.

Yeah, the slight veneer of humility he got when faced with Iris and her skulduggery has well and truly disappeared and we're back to the old Peter.

Feckitt

From the LAD site this morning.  Brilliant.  I don't know how to attach the Willie Frazer/Abu Hamza photo ;D

Wee Willie Frazerâ„¢ is up in court at half ten this morning. His only crime? Loyalty. And a crime under the Serious Crime Act. And possession of a prohibited weapon. And taking part in an unnotified public procession. And obstructing traffic. And two other charges.

The big question on everyone's lips is will Willie show up dressed ridiculously and make a huge media circus, or will he come dressed as Abu Hamza?

Sources say he has been spotted in Elliotts trying on a beard and a hook this morning. Stay tuned to LAD for updates as the situation progresses.

Feckitt

A report on the BBC today states that almost 50% of 11 July Bonfires had tricolours or other Nationalist paraphernalia burnt on them. 

Now excuse my ignorance, and I am in no way an expert on this, but I thought that about 100% of loyalist bonfires would have tricolours on them.  Is this not the reason for them in the first place?

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

More Loyalist/Unionist Culture??

The Alliance Party offices in East Belfast have been hit by petrol bombs.

It happened at about 10.45pm last night night on the Upper Newtonards Road.

The building has been targeted a number of times since last year's Union Flag unrest.

Alliance Party MP Naomi Long has described the petrol bombing as an "attack on democracy".

No doubt the DUP/UUP/PUP etc have already condemned this deed ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM