Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dún Dún

Saw this on FB this morning, they're animals

Square Ball

why do the BBC have to show the Twelfth live? surely all the Orangemen will be out with Diamond Dan and co celebrating Orangefest leaving who to watch it?

and as for some of the bonefires, what would you expect from a pig but a grunt
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

BennyCake

Sun shining and blue skies on the twelfth. Now, there's a first!!

haveaharp

What does the law say about incitement to genocide or ethnic cleansing i.e K.A.T ?

EagleLord

CitySlicker11

As if it needed any more proving the OO have again shown that they are a backward, sectarian organisation today. Their decision to bus 2 OO lodges from the field to Ardoyne to meet the 4pm deadline set by the parades commission, only to get back on their buses and head back to the field where they had came from.

Not aware of their plans to make it home again later, but this act proves that they would rather march in front of Ardoyne residents rather than their own supporters.

Disgrace.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Agent Orange

Quote from: ziggysego on July 12, 2012, 05:17:01 PM
Kate rings Stephen Nolan.

Utter, utter scum.

Fair play to Nolan for showing her up for the bigot that she is.

bennydorano

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on July 12, 2012, 05:04:49 PM
As if it needed any more proving the OO have again shown that they are a backward, sectarian organisation today. Their decision to bus 2 OO lodges from the field to Ardoyne to meet the 4pm deadline set by the parades commission, only to get back on their buses and head back to the field where they had came from.

Not aware of their plans to make it home again later, but this act proves that they would rather march in front of Ardoyne residents rather than their own supporters.

Disgrace.
Sure there was photos of (presumably) Nationalists yesterday with posters saying "see at 4 o clock, ha ha".  I'd have made the effort myself after that! 

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

barelegs

I hope this video is accessible.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150909650115756

This fella is videoing a loyalist band stopping to play songs outside a Catholic Church before he's attacked by supporters of the band.

There's more culture in a yoghurt than most of these clowns

heganboy

but are you really all that surprised?

Idiots will be idiots
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

thejuice

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Savoj Zizek. I don't fully subscribe to everything he says but his points on tolerance as we understand it today are quite pertinent. Tolerance whether it be in Northern Ireland or in the wider context of Europe and its tolerance of other ethnicities, it's really tolerance from a distance. I will tolerate you so long as I view you denuded of your identity.

QuoteThe retreat from more substantive visions of justice heralded by the promulgation of tolerance today is part of a more general depoliticization of citizenship and power and retreat from political life itself. The cultivation of tolerance as a political end implicitly constitutes a rejection of politics as a domain in which conflict can be productively articulated and addressed, a domain in which citizens can be transformed by their participation.

http://www.lacan.com/zizek-inquiry.html
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Quote from: barelegs on July 13, 2012, 01:48:13 AM
I hope this video is accessible.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150909650115756

This fella is videoing a loyalist band stopping to play songs outside a Catholic Church before he's attacked by supporters of the band.

There's more culture in a yoghurt than most of these clowns

That is truly depressing to watch. I'm talking about the first minute and a half - the fact that people capable of that are capable of the last half minute is not surprising.

They call this culture? The hoors can't even play the "music" in tune.

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on July 13, 2012, 10:24:31 AM
I don't know if anyone is familiar with Savoj Zizek. I don't fully subscribe to everything he says but his points on tolerance as we understand it today are quite pertinent. Tolerance whether it be in Northern Ireland or in the wider context of Europe and its tolerance of other ethnicities, it's really tolerance from a distance. I will tolerate you so long as I view you denuded of your identity.

QuoteThe retreat from more substantive visions of justice heralded by the promulgation of tolerance today is part of a more general depoliticization of citizenship and power and retreat from political life itself. The cultivation of tolerance as a political end implicitly constitutes a rejection of politics as a domain in which conflict can be productively articulated and addressed, a domain in which citizens can be transformed by their participation.

http://www.lacan.com/zizek-inquiry.html
That's a good point.

This is an interesting article on Zizek.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2012/jul/12/violent-visions-slavoj-zizek/