Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 15, 2010, 09:27:54 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 15, 2010, 09:22:27 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 15, 2010, 09:19:53 AM
I recall this thread being called the Wayne Rooney -white Pele for a while. The Rooney myth is being exposed at the World Cup. Certainly wasn't Pele came to mind watching him on Saturday night

To be fair Pele didn't have to play with Emile Heskey

Rooney still hasn't scored a goal in the World Cup finals. Pele was doing it in the final when he was 17. It is an insulting comparison. Rooney is  a good player but wouldn't even have made those great Brazil teams.

To be fair, he shouldn't have been at the last world cup because of the injury he was carrying. Insulting to who? you?

EC Unique

Rumor that Shitty are going to bid for Vidic!! Would hate to see him go to the nasty neighbours! would Utd sell? I guess given the financial situation the prob would :-\

longrunsthefox

Quote from: thebigfella on June 15, 2010, 09:44:02 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 15, 2010, 09:27:54 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 15, 2010, 09:22:27 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 15, 2010, 09:19:53 AM
I recall this thread being called the Wayne Rooney -white Pele for a while. The Rooney myth is being exposed at the World Cup. Certainly wasn't Pele came to mind watching him on Saturday night

To be fair Pele didn't have to play with Emile Heskey

Rooney still hasn't scored a goal in the World Cup finals. Pele was doing it in the final when he was 17. It is an insulting comparison. Rooney is  a good player but wouldn't even have made those great Brazil teams.

To be fair, he shouldn't have been at the last world cup because of the injury he was carrying. Insulting to who? you?

...the legend of Pele.

nrico2006

Quote from: EC Unique on June 15, 2010, 09:51:11 AM
Rumor that Shitty are going to bid for Vidic!! Would hate to see him go to the nasty neighbours! would Utd sell? I guess given the financial situation the prob would :-\

I  couldn't see him going there.  To be honest, I think he will stay and it seems more a case of that tube of an agent of his spouting off as usual.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 15, 2010, 11:16:07 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 15, 2010, 09:51:11 AM

I  couldn't see him going there.  To be honest, I think he will stay and it seems more a case of that tube of an agent of his spouting off as usual.

Hope you are right.

Shrewdness

United have officially now sold Zoran Tosic to Cska Moscow for an undisclosed fee, although i've heard £8m is the fee.
He spent most of last season on loan at Cologne, and they were keen to again continue the loan, but United insisted on a sale(they would, wouldn't they!!).
Cologne couldn't afford him now, so he has signed a 5 year contract in Moscow.

This was a strange situation from day one. When United bought him, they left him out in Belgrade for 12 months. Then, when he arrived at OT, he only makes 5 sub appearances in 18 months before being sent packing again.

It shows, that despite the World Cup, deals are being done. We await our first signing of the summer. ::) 

ross4life

Premiership fixtures due out tomorrow at 9am at home to Chelsea would be a good start  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Yer Ma

Quote from: ross4life on June 16, 2010, 09:56:25 PM
Premiership fixtures due out tomorrow at 9am at home to Chelsea would be a good start  ;)

That's the last team I would want on first day, we had them before and it didn't work out and would rather we were a bit warmed up first before facing them.

Farrandeelin

Could be worse. Newcastle at home.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

longrunsthefox

Really looking forward to seeing the white Pele again tonight  :D

longrunsthefox

...actually he did remind me of Pele a bit.. right enough Pele IS over over 60  :P

new devil

Wrong thread cub...He was playing for England..this is the Man United thread
You still can't get over he left your shity little club  :D :D

longrunsthefox

Quote from: new devil on June 19, 2010, 06:34:19 AM

MY shitty little club?  :P  I am not one of those sad bastards refers to an English soccer club as we. It is the hype of the English press and on this thraed which recently described him as the white Pele. He is over rated hype who still hasn't scored a goal in the World Cup. last night he was an embarassment to Merseyside.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 19, 2010, 09:47:23 AM
Quote from: new devil on June 19, 2010, 06:34:19 AM

MY shitty little club?  :P  I am not one of those sad b**tards refers to an English soccer club as we. It is the hype of the English press and on this thraed which recently described him as the white Pele. He is over rated hype who still hasn't scored a goal in the World Cup. last night he was an embarassment to Merseyside.

Utterly incorrect. United fans have been singing about the "White Pele" for 5 years.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

longrunsthefox

Rooney wouldn't have made the squads that Pele played in...