David Clifford to surpass the Gooch?

Started by CumminsCiderLarry, June 03, 2018, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

O Shea gets a new sponsored Audi every couple of months. The elite players are well looked after. Not indentured slaves to the game like Brolly would say.

twohands!!!

Stats from how he performed in the Super 8 from DontFoul

QuoteDavid Clifford is extraordinary. Super 8s

0-02 from 2 on frees (yellow)
4-00 from 4 on goal attempts (red)
0-12 from 17 (71%) on point attempts (white = left, black = right)

That's 78% (4–14 from 23) in total scoring ~11 points more than an avg intercounty player would #Yeesh

kerryforsam19

Clifford gave a exhibition of point kicking last week. Is there s better forward in the game?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on June 07, 2019, 04:26:44 PM
Clifford gave a exhibition of point kicking last week. Is there s better forward in the game?

Last week as in v Clare where he kicked 0-3 1f?

kerryforsam19

Clifford cleaned out Benny Harrison and Lee Keegan and gave a exhibition of point kicking, is there a better forward in the game? Early contender for player of the year IMO.

WhoDat

Be interesting to see how the Kerry management deal with his personality going forward. A very strong character who takes exception to rules now and again, so I'm told.

kerryforsam19

Quote from: WhoDat on July 19, 2019, 12:55:42 PM
Be interesting to see how the Kerry management deal with his personality going forward. A very strong character who takes exception to rules now and again, so I'm told.

Nonsense Clifford is a role model and great example to young lads.

WhoDat

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on July 19, 2019, 01:20:14 PM

Nonsense Clifford is a role model and great example to young lads.

Who says he can't be both?

inthrough

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on June 07, 2019, 04:26:44 PM

Any number of them.

kerryforsam19

What this exception to the rule? He doesn't drink or smoke,.

WhoDat

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on July 19, 2019, 03:17:01 PM

What this exception to the rule? He doesn't drink or smoke,.

Are those two the only rules in the world?

kerryforsam19

giveballaghback

At this stage in his career he is the best I have seen, his strength and ability to hold off a player is unreal, he seems to anticipate the break of the ball like no other i have seen and his pace and kick accuracy are excellent. If he keeps it up over a few years he will easily earn that best ever tag.   

WhoDat

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on July 19, 2019, 04:41:17 PM
What was your initial post about?

That he has a strong character, likes to do things his own way, can be a bit of a handful, etc. My post had nothing to do with drink or what have you, just a general attitude.