The Open 2018

Started by Boycey, July 16, 2018, 05:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

The world golf rankings are calculated on a 2 year cycle with weighting for quality of the field and newer results also having a bigger weighting than ones from say 18 months ago. In 2018 Rory was ranked 2nd but given Molineris current form id guess 3rd would be about right...

Yeah he wants/expects to win and I'm sure 2nd (joint or not) is nowhere as far as he is concerned but I'll bet the same goes for Spieth, Johnson and a few more. It gives my head a wobble when people constantly spout rubbish about McIlroy that others are so much better than him at this at that when they're clearly not

trailer

Comparing Rory to Tiger is just stupid. Tiger was a once in a lifetime player.
He's got 4 majors. He's there or there about's. Look at DJ, Speith, Thomas, Fowler, Koepka all these great players and former greats like Faldo, Player, Seve, Mickelson, etc. Majors aren't easy won. If he finishes with 6 or 7 he'll have had a good innings. Aiming at Tiger's 14 or Nicklaus's 16 isn't realistic. He was never that good.

Insane Bolt

From Rory won his last major in 2014 there have been 11 first time major winners.....if I had been asked that as a quiz question I would have guessed about 5/6.