Leinster U-20 Football Championship 2019

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, April 23, 2019, 02:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

MasterJ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Comprehensive win in the end. Bring on the dubs
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

Really good tonight, great week for Laois GAA.  Lacey at full back was immense, so many played well.  Great to see

Jd

Is that full back Eamonn Lacey's son. I thought he was brilliant tonight

the sash

great win for the 20's tonight.  been a progresive year for laois in all codes.  quick question, could this win  delay the club championship?

Heshs Umpire

That was one of the worst Meath underage teams I ever saw. Not taking from our lads who actually played a little sloppily throughout the game tonight and still won easily. Huge room for improvement and a great chance against Dublin in the final.
Very good displays from Lacey, Coffey, Dowling and O'Flynn. Byron very solid. Slevin, Kinsella and Barry all very skilful lads. Big Dan a real handful.
As for the club championship, I think it will have to be delayed a bit. I know my own club are due to play the first round four days after the Leinster under 20 final and we haven't had the chance to play even one game with the under 20 lads.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

G@@

Great result tonight. A comprehensive win.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

High Fielder

I get the feeling this team is capable of so much better. Let's be honest here, a lot of our play was sloppy as Hesh said, and sometimes really poor. Midfield didn't function properly and the forwards are not as economical as they should be. One or two of them are selfish. But our full back line was dominant and O'Flynn is a credit to himself and his club. Works like a dog. As a team though, there is room for big improvement

Nameless

I agree with Hesh, Meath were woeful. Maybe we made them look bad but I thought we weren't at our best either. We missed a lot of chances and still won by 9. Whelan had an off day, Barry missed a few, I agree with the lads picked out by Hesh also. Owens looked dangerous when he came on. The ball into big Dan was again hit and miss. Dublin have walked their side of the draw so the final against them will obviously be a step up, probably a few steps up but that will tell us more about these lads. First final at this level since 09 so it's all very encouraging.

Giovanni

My first time to see these lads this year. Very impressive. I agree that it looked like they had plenty more in the tank (and it was a bit sloppy at times) but there were no obvious weaknesses and the bench looked very strong.

It's true that Meath didn't look great but these didn't turn into bad players overnight. We had too much for them in physical terms and in skill levels. Thought O Flynn, Coffey, Kinsella and Owens when he came on were all very good. Full back line also very good.

Very impressive