Stephen Nolan's £500k BBC Salary last year!

Started by T Fearon, July 19, 2017, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Quote from: general_lee on June 04, 2018, 09:04:58 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 04, 2018, 01:56:59 PM
Quote from: our_fella on June 04, 2018, 01:44:42 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 04, 2018, 12:21:47 PM
Got a good laugh out of Nolan this morning with the usual suspects on talking about flegs, Wee Jamie Bwyson and Claire Hanna as well as a few others, same generic shite debate until Stevie took a call for a lad in Downpatrick with an English accent (that threw me a bit).
This lad gave his English perspective on flags and banners in Cantrell Close or wherever and then asked Jamie did he know any known UVF criminals and Jamie trotted out the usual that he didn't and was against violence in every way, contact the PSNI and so forth and next thing yer man asks Jamie about an individual and he blurted the name out over the airways, big Stevie nearly had a canary, backtracking like a good one, BBC does not condone and so forth and wee Jamie in the background trying to get a word in but obviously the mike had been turned down and muted.

Car crash stuff. Jerry Springer radio.

Have a rough idea when this was said??? save me from having to scroll the whole way through the show!!!

9.15 to 9.30 roughly.
Heard it myself and turned it off not long after. I find myself asking the same question everytime, why does the public have to fund this utter shite!? Why does some spastic loyalist with a speech impediment get so much airtime? Like why even debate it, what's there to debate? The guy is wrong no matter what way you look at it yet Nolan and his producers have him on every single f**king time there's something us v them related. No doubt in the interests of "balance and impartiality".
Especially when the wee f**ker has never even been elected to public office!

illdecide

Biggest show in the Country... ::). The North of this Country is so f**ked up you couldn't explain it too an outsider and SN makes his money and fame from stoking the fires and stiring the sh1t, the politicians in this place are so corrupt and bitter they shouldn't be anywhere near Government Buildings representing anyone. I can safely say that during the last election i cast my last vote...come to think of it I feel the same way about religion :(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hereiam

Its not on the listen again. They must of edited it out.  :(

gallsman

Gave it a listen, definitely has been edited out.

Alan McBride, whose wife died in the Shankill Bomb, and always speaks very well on these matters, made an absolute wee boy of Bryson about his right to speak on behalf of victims.

Puckoon

Quote from: gallsman on June 04, 2018, 11:49:38 PM
Gave it a listen, definitely has been edited out.

Alan McBride, whose wife died in the Shankill Bomb, and always speaks very well on these matters, made an absolute wee boy of Bryson about his right to speak on behalf of victims.

If Nolan and his contributors/guests actually waited until everyone was finished talking they'd have no problem making wee boys out of the likes of Bryson. Fact of the matter is the continually interrupt and talk over one another that the winning message almost always gets lost in the noise. It's my biggest frustration with Nolan's program.

The SDLP woman, Alan McBride, and even The other lady who lost her daughter had so much to say that actually would have buried Bryson and shown him go for the cut throat Petty point scorer that we all know he is. However they all lost their way and were pushed to lose their way by both Nolan and Bryson. The constant interjection and shouting over is infuriating and the sad thing is I think it's done on purpose because rational discourse would cut the show to 20 minutes.

Mary, the DUP loving catholic who said everyone is going to hell was another f**king dose.

Snapchap

Stephen Nolan is a shit stirring, sensationalist p***k of the highest order. It genuinely astounds me that so many people, like those on here complaining about him, continue to listen to him and massage his ratings ego.

What typifies Nolan for me was him spending months criticising politicians for not compromising to get the institutions back. Lo and behold the first day news leaked that a compromise may have been reached and Nolan was all over it the next morning like a rash, whipping unionism into an absolute frenzy over the news that the DUP had made an apparent compromise on the Irish Language. I posted here before that in the space of the ten days in/around that time in February, Nolan had Jim Allister on as a guest on his radio/tv shows on the 9th, 11th, 12th, on BOTH his radio and TV shows on 14th, on 15th and the 19th. That's seven times in ten shows. Who else (Bryson aside) gets airtime like that). And then when the deal collapsed, guess who was back on his radio show/high horse, damning politicians from a height for failing to agree said compromise? I stopped listening to any of his output since.

Since then, if twitter/gaaboard etc is anything to go by, the p***k seems to exist solely to give airtime to Jamie Bryson. Bryson in particular gets essentially NO other media interest other than from Nolan. Imagine how much better off we would be if the man got so little ratings that it was taken off the air. We wouldn't be on here complaining about Jamie Bryson's latest comments what with his sole outlet taken from him.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Snapchap on June 05, 2018, 09:30:28 AM
Stephen Nolan is a shit stirring, sensationalist p***k of the highest order. It genuinely astounds me that so many people, like those on here complaining about him, continue to listen to him and massage his ratings ego.
My thoughts exactly. You know what you are getting with Nolan so why listen and then moan about it.

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2018, 01:17:58 PM
My thoughts exactly. You know what you are getting with Nolan so why listen and then moan about it.

My 2FM signal drops out on the way into Holywood  ;)

blewuporstuffed

What typifies Nolan for me was him spending months criticising politicians for not compromising to get the institutions back. Lo and behold the first day news leaked that a compromise may have been reached and Nolan was all over it the next morning like a rash, whipping unionism into an absolute frenzy over the news that the DUP had made an apparent compromise on the Irish Language. I posted here before that in the space of the ten days in/around that time in February, Nolan had Jim Allister on as a guest on his radio/tv shows on the 9th, 11th, 12th, on BOTH his radio and TV shows on 14th, on 15th and the 19th. That's seven times in ten shows. Who else (Bryson aside) gets airtime like that). And then when the deal collapsed, guess who was back on his radio show/high horse, damning politicians from a height for failing to agree said compromise? I stopped listening to any of his output since.

Since then, if twitter/gaaboard etc is anything to go by, the p***k seems to exist solely to give airtime to Jamie Bryson. Bryson in particular gets essentially NO other media interest other than from Nolan. Imagine how much better off we would be if the man got so little ratings that it was taken off the air. We wouldn't be on here complaining about Jamie Bryson's latest comments what with his sole outlet taken from him.
100% snapchap
The most galling thing is though that we  are paying for this rubbish through our licence fee
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Insane Bolt

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 05, 2018, 03:22:51 PM

100% snapchap
The most galling thing is though that we  are paying for this rubbish through our licence fee

Time for people to put pen to paper and complain to BBC......if enough people did they would have to do something.

RadioGAAGAA

Well, if things do deteriorate back to violence, the useless f**ker will have blood on his hands.

While I don't want to wish ill will on anyone, sometimes for the greater good....
i usse an speelchekor

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnnycool on June 05, 2018, 01:34:21 PM

My 2FM signal drops out on the way into Holywood  ;)
Themmuns have installed a signal blocker. 2FM terrible shite in the morning now since Gerry Ryan died. I remember driving to Monkstown one day with tears rolling down my face when a farmer called in to slsay his brother was spending all their money on Eastern European women. Gerry played him like a fiddle - brilliant stuff.

imtommygunn

People listening to it also validate people that go on it and make it less likely that insignificant people like bryson will disappear into obscurity(or somewhere like prison) where they belong.

Sweeper 123

dont often listen to Nolan but Jim Wells making a pig of himself - referring to those that have had abortions as Nazis;