Monaghan v Ros, Middle of nowhere 19th March

Started by Rossfan, March 13, 2017, 09:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: The Black Mamba on March 19, 2017, 02:53:49 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 19, 2017, 02:50:01 PM
Shannonside Willie says he had to cross through 7 counties to get to Inniskeen. Roscommon throwing the kitchen sink at Monaghan, but the home side have drawn away to lead by 4 points at ht.

Monaghan's average league score so far has been 11 points. They've already beaten that in one half ...
Our defence is asking far too much of our forwards.

Scores conceded
Tyrone 18
Donegal 16
Mayo 20
Kerry 20
Monaghan 19

Total of 93 which is almost an average of 19 scores a game

4 of those 93 scores were goals which isn't too bad [ Kerry and Mayo have both conceded 4 goals and Donegal 5]

Blowitupref

Watching this game now it was very much in the balance at 14 to 10 with less than twenty 20 mins to go. The first Monaghan goal seemed to set them up for a comfortable win and the Roscommon confidence drained from it.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

We'd be mighty if we were playing hurling.

Main Street

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 19, 2017, 04:58:48 PM
Watching this game now it was very much in the balance at 14 to 10 with less than twenty 20 mins to go. The first Monaghan goal seemed to set them up for a comfortable win and the Roscommon confidence drained from it.
Deferred viewing, what channel is/was it on?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Main Street on March 19, 2017, 06:00:24 PM
Full deferred viewing was on TG4.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Main Street

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 19, 2017, 06:17:59 PM
Did any of you Rossies not think that it would be the polite thing to inform the thread that the game was going to be deferred viewing on the the connacht tv station?

Syferus

Quote from: Main Street on March 19, 2017, 06:36:04 PM
Did any of you Rossies not think that it would be the polite thing to inform the thread that the game was going to be deferred viewing on the the connacht tv station?

Burnt the hard drive I recorded it on already.

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on March 19, 2017, 06:37:29 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 19, 2017, 06:36:04 PM

Burnt the hard drive I recorded it on already.
Commiserations.

weareros

McStay called it "a moral victory". Funny, I thought we were hammered myself. He's now gone from playing the persecuted martyr in the hail last week (with Marty playing the sympathetic parishioner - "Was it  Gay Sheerin?") to Comical Ali this week. I predicted last year he'd be gone before the championship. I hope I am right but doubtful if he thinks that's a moral victory.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on March 19, 2017, 11:20:20 PM
McStay called it "a moral victory". Funny, I thought we were hammered myself. He's now gone from playing the persecuted martyr in the hail last week (with Marty playing the sympathetic parishioner - "Was it  Gay Sheerin?") to Comical Ali this week. I predicted last year he'd be gone before the championship. I hope I am right but doubtful if he thinks that's a moral victory.

If we get rid the players better be planning on self-organizing their training because no one in the right mind wants to manage Roscommon.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on March 19, 2017, 11:24:16 PM
Quote from: weareros on March 19, 2017, 11:20:20 PM

If we get rid the players better be planning on self-organizing their training because no one in the right mind wants to manage Roscommon.

Good. It might stop the know it alls in the county going after the customary high profile wafflers.

Rossfan

"Nige" wanted to manage Ros. ;)
All the usual sh1te today- no marking, no tracking the Monaghan men, no obvious game plan, 6 and 7 men around the ball, no one seizing initiatives etc etc etc
I'd like to think we're in the middle of heavy training but feck me could we not have a but of organisation to put up some semblance of a defence?
Least you'd expect for the sums mentioned by Oliver.
O'Malley, McInerney, Smiths to a point, C Murtagh in the first half and Devaney in the closing stages.
Rest the less said the better.
No marks to Inniskeen/Monaghan CB for the tattered Tricolour.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 19, 2017, 11:42:08 PM
"Nige" wanted to manage Ros. ;)
All the usual sh1te today- no marking, no tracking the Monaghan men, no obvious game plan, 6 and 7 men around the ball, no one seizing initiatives etc etc etc
I'd like to think we're in the middle of heavy training but feck me could we not have a but of organisation to put up some semblance of a defence?
Least you'd expect for the sums mentioned by Oliver.
O'Malley, McInerney, Smiths to a point, C Murtagh in the first half and Devaney in the closing stages.
Rest the less said the better.
No marks to Inniskeen/Monaghan CB for the tattered Tricolour.

The Nige wanted to do a Johnno and raise his political profile by taking the county job.. though looking at how most Roscommon managers end up being regarded in the county he may have not thought his plan through very well.

Rossfan

Would he have done any worse than have us rock bottom of the League and relegated with 2 games left?
And he'd have done the job for free dinners and a sponsored car ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 19, 2017, 11:55:13 PM
Would he have done any worse than have us rock bottom of the League and relegated with 2 games left?
And he'd have done the job for free dinners and a sponsored car ;D

Well McStay is having trouble parking the bus, but Nige is well accustomed with throw people under it so.. yeah, we would.