The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 26, 2017, 03:31:28 PM
Whatever about Duignan, I love Davy Fitz, I reckon RTE need a Davycam. I don't know him personally but he exudes passion and will to wim.
I prefer the impressions of Davy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV-NygyZ0vE
I have a lot of time for Duignan
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on July 26, 2017, 04:16:29 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 26, 2017, 03:31:28 PM
Whatever about Duignan, I love Davy Fitz, I reckon RTE need a Davycam. I don't know him personally but he exudes passion and will to wim.
I prefer the impressions of Davy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV-NygyZ0vE
I have a lot of time for Duignan

Have a lot of time for Duignan myself. For both of them to be fair. Davy is a bit mischievous and craves praise. I think recently Duignan hasn't done himself any favours with his comments. He's only playing into Davy's barrow.....allowing him to continue in the limelight.

seafoid

Quote from: vallankumous on July 26, 2017, 01:30:39 PM
Between them they're giving this thing some legs.

I haven't seen any reply from Shefflin.
Fecking Sunday game is the headline news after Championship weekend more than the Championship itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxoshRJf3SE
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: vallankumous on July 26, 2017, 01:30:39 PM
Between them they're giving this thing some legs.

I haven't seen any reply from Shefflin.
Fecking Sunday game is the headline news after Championship weekend more than the Championship itself.

Says it all really. Controversy is the only thing keeping it going.

Captain Scarlet

I know FB abd Twitter are made for stirring shite but as I ssid before the first thing on a Sunday night and all day Monday across the RTE social media channels will be too push what their pundits said.
It's also sonething controversial rather than some actual anslysis being reviewed...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

vallankumous

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 26, 2017, 04:28:27 PM

Have a lot of time for Duignan myself. For both of them to be fair. Davy is a bit mischievous and craves praise. I think recently Duignan hasn't done himself any favours with his comments. He's only playing into Davy's barrow.....allowing him to continue in the limelight.

Not at all. Duignan is smarter than that. He's keeping up his own profile.

From the Bunker

Spillane found it amazing today that Parsons was Dropped for todays game?  ;D

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 08:08:30 PM

I found it amazing myself. I had heard that Parsons had a hamstring injury but if he did have a hamstring injury, how could he have come on in the last ten minutes? And if he didn't have a hamstring injury, why wasn't he starting?

From the Bunker

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 30, 2017, 08:39:27 PM

I found it amazing myself. I had heard that Parsons had a hamstring injury but if he did have a hamstring injury, how could he have come on in the last ten minutes? And if he didn't have a hamstring injury, why wasn't he starting?

Did he not do any Research the last couple of Weeks? Did he not read the Rumours online? In the newspapers?

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 08:48:12 PM

Did he not do any Research the last couple of Weeks? Did he not read the Rumours online? In the newspapers?

What difference would that make? If Parsons was injured, he couldn't have come on. If he wasn't injured and didn't start, that means he was dropped. There are no other possible interpretations. Pat's a fossil and should have been put out to grass as a pundit years ago, but he's correct about this.

From the Bunker

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 30, 2017, 08:56:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 08:48:12 PM

What difference would that make? If Parsons was injured, he couldn't have come on. If he wasn't injured and didn't start, that means he was dropped. There are no other possible interpretations. Pat's a fossil and should have been put out to grass as a pundit years ago, but he's correct about this.

Depends on the injury I suppose?

BennyCake

I heard Parsons had a nose injury.

From the Bunker

Three Connacht teams in Croke Park today and no analysist west of the Shannon!

Minder

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 09:34:00 PM

Probably half a dozen camogie analysts though
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 09:34:00 PM

The best one they ever had was a bit busy this afternoon, in fairness.