Princess Anne for Croke Park

Started by red hander, February 14, 2008, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Apparently, the horse-faced one will be in the VIP section of the Hogan Stand for Ireland v Scotland in the Six Nations, the first official visit to GAA HQ by a member of the british parasite (sorry) royal family

While she has been to Lansdowne Road on a few occasions in the past, this is the first time such a high ranking member of the buckingham palace inbred germans has visited Croker... with six of our 32 counties still under occupation, this depresses me no end

zoyler

So???
Regard it as part of growing up!!  Wait till you see ! The Sun will rise the next day!

thebandit

Have Britain ever apologised for it?

If not then I wouldn't let her in the gate

red hander

Quote from: zoyler on February 14, 2008, 07:07:20 PM
So???
Regard it as part of growing up!!  Wait till you see ! The Sun will rise the next day!

Perpetual darkness till the shameful wrong is righted

Orior

I'm just off the phone to the horsey one and she said "one would rather not discuss one's history, one just wants to enjoy the rugby. C'mon Scotland, and beat them feckin Oirish!"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

J70

Quote from: thebandit on February 14, 2008, 07:11:13 PM
Have Britain ever apologised for it?

If not then I wouldn't let her in the gate

Apologized for what, exactly? The "six of our 32 counties still under occupation"? Or Bloody Sunday?

deiseach

One of the downsides to the opening up of Croke Park (and I say this as someone who was broadly in favour of it) are all these bloody 'firsts'. First match, first match against a British team, first soccer match, first soccer match against a British team, first visit from a Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg, first decent attendance from Cork outside an All-Ireland final . . .

carnaross

Ah lads, leave off the poor auld bugger, isn't she the Scottish rugby union president? Don't mind her supporting the Scots, and anyway, hasn't there been many a ROYAL in Croke Park before?
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

J70

Quote from: deiseach on February 14, 2008, 07:27:30 PM
One of the downsides to the opening up of Croke Park (and I say this as someone who was broadly in favour of it) are all these bloody 'firsts'. First match, first match against a British team, first soccer match, first soccer match against a British team, first visit from a Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg, first decent attendance from Cork outside an All-Ireland final . . .

A traumatic period, no question... let's hope all these people can just find the strength and perseverance to make it through what will be another very difficult occasion. ::)

gerry

what you expect when we opened the gates
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ziggysego

Although personally I would have a problem with it, it's time we all moved forwarded. So I say let her come, lets show her a good time. Let her go back to her Mother and tell her that prehaps it's time to get the final foot out the door ;)
Testing Accessibility

thebandit

Apologised for Bloody Sunday - it was her family's personal army after all

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on February 14, 2008, 07:38:19 PM
So I say let her come, lets show her a good time.

In Greencastle, that's a feed of trout and buttermilk at midday followed by attendance at Greencastle v Urney. The onto the clubrooms for a bout of stout drinking, maybe 8-9 pints of Black Protestant's Porter, stopping briefly for the Angelus. Round it all off with a turf-clodding session on the main road at any passing clergy. Go home with your first cousin if lucky.

Not sure if Anne'd be up for it but no harm in asking I suppose.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

That's a good weekend in Greencastle O'Neill. I said I'd show her a good time on Saturday, that's all.
Testing Accessibility

Pangurban

We cant have our cake and eat it lads. We sold our principles, took the cash, and now we have to live with the consequences. I am sure she will receive a hearty Cead Mile Failte from our new enlightened G.A.A. establishment. You never know there might be a few oul honours to be had out of it. Nicky Brennan C.B.E. or even Sir Sean Kelly, now that has a nice ring to it