Celebrity Bainnisteor

Started by Barney, February 06, 2008, 08:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpaul

Enjoyed that myself,good lighthearted stuff after a fiasco in Cross'!When it comes to a choice between the two ladies I'd always go for the older,if she still looks good at this stage there's more chance of it lasting!

dodo

Quote from: bigpaul on March 30, 2008, 11:45:26 PM
Enjoyed that myself,good lighthearted stuff after a fiasco in Cross'!When it comes to a choice between the two ladies I'd always go for the older,if she still looks good at this stage there's more chance of it lasting!

You on about Nell ?   :-\

bigpaul

Deffo,all that can go wrong already has,apart from the grim-reaper!

sail_in

Nothing too original to say here - thought the programme was good enough, pretty harmless fun.

On to the big question, Aoibheann or Glenda?

Aoibheann all the way!

sail_in - supporting natural beauty!

paddypastit

All a bit of harmeless fun albeit is the type of stuff that should be on commercial TV rather than taxpayer funded RTE1

QuoteThe Crumlin lads seemed a good laugh especially when the asked Glenda did she know the offside rule!!

Sharp boys too.  When she did her 'I know nothing about football...' speech, quick response "bet you know a bit about the rugby all the same..."
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

thebandit

Aoibheann all the way!

Jon Kenny to win

ziggysego

Nell McCaffrey too. Good Lord!  :D

However she said that she doesn't like the GAA, as soccer's more her sport. Plus, she reckons there's 6 counties in Ulster and that GAA is a southern sport for people with bad teeth..... erm.... should be interesting.  ;)
Testing Accessibility

Jinxy

Had to laugh at the Derry boys response when she said she was doing this for the same reasons as them. "Yeah, money!"  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Buckass

It'd be great to see the two fine wans quizzed on their views on all matters Gaa.Y'know..ask Glenda is she a fan of the back door championship..that kinda stuff.. ::)

magpie seanie

Nell McCafferty is one twisted hateful bitch. I will not say anything more about her cos it just makes me angry.

Saw them on the Late, late show the other night. Yer man Kean seemed like a bit of a tool but in a harmless way. Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin comes across as a really bright, interesting young lassie and she is stunning to boot. One of these hugely talented people without the arrogance that can blight some of them. More power to her. Ivan Yates was good craic too. I always thought he'd be Taoiseach some day, he's a fairly shrewd hoor and a massive loss to FG and maybe the country.

What struck me though was how these people have been shocked by what they've discovered - Young men with great dedication and pride and passion for their parish. I suppose as GAA people we take it for granted. It just opened my eyes to the fact that there are a huge amount of people in the country who don't know that type of dedication is going on under their noses.

After watching the Late, late I felt this was going to be cringeworthy stuff but comments here are not too bad. May give it a viewing next week.

AZOffaly

They should read my Declan Grennan diaries :)

tyroneboi

Quote from: paddypastit on March 31, 2008, 08:22:47 AM
All a bit of harmeless fun albeit is the type of stuff that should be on commercial TV rather than taxpayer funded RTE1

QuoteThe Crumlin lads seemed a good laugh especially when the asked Glenda did she know the offside rule!!

Sharp boys too.  When she did her 'I know nothing about football...' speech, quick response "bet you know a bit about the rugby all the same..."

O'Drico is a foolish man for letting her go!!

ziggysego

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 31, 2008, 03:32:03 PM
Nell McCafferty is one twisted hateful bitch. I will not say anything more about her cos it just makes me angry.

She always makes me laugh. You have to take everything she says with a pinch of salt. Be easy to get annoyed with her.

Will this be repeated or is it up on RTÉ.ie? I've missed it so far.
Testing Accessibility

Jinxy

Not up on RTE.ie yet but I'd say it'll be repeated at some stage during the week. I honestly think it works very well (although I'd get rid of Mary O'Rourke and that other dude who nobody has ever heard of).
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 31, 2008, 03:32:03 PMAoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin comes across as a really bright, interesting young lassie and she is stunning to boot. One of these hugely talented people without the arrogance that can blight some of them. More power to her.

Would second that. Was queuing to get into the filming of the Christmas Edition of The Panel and she arrived with her entourage and obviously she was able to skip the queue what with her being part of the programme from time to time. She had the manners to apologise to people at the top of the queue when it wasn't really needed and looked quite sheepish at being able to get in ahead of those who had been standing in the freezing cold, a nice touch of humility I thought...

Caught most of the programme, looked decent, certainly better than the usual reality show offering...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...