Kildare vs Monaghan GAAFAISCQFGS G1P1 Sunday July 15 2PM

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, July 09, 2018, 09:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 10, 2018, 12:14:49 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2018, 12:07:29 PM
A Dublin venue and a Wicklow Ref.
I wonder whco Croke Park want to win this one ::)

He rode Kildare last Friday night, 6 frees to Dublin's 16. We have a mixed record under him, he's no Dublin Joe. We have also lost our last 7 games in Croke Park.

In one half? Surely that wasn't the whole match.

TheClubman

Weird championship for Monaghan and hard to gauge where they're at. Beat a decent Tyrone and lost to a less decent Fermanagh. Then a few strolls. You'd have to think they'll be fired up for this one and their manager will be saying "Fermanagh" quite a few times this week to them. Kildare look like the whole struggle with HQ has liberated them and they're playing somewhere near where we'd expect them to be at after several seasons of underperforming in most peoples eyes. The wind is in their sails so I think they'll be heard to beat and should have a good crowd supporting them.

Very hard to call....I'd say it's close to 50/50. Both have poor records in Croker. If Kildare are disciplined at the back I think they can just get over the line but I wouldn't be very confident either way.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 10, 2018, 12:38:14 PM

He rode Kildare last Friday night, 6 frees to Dublin's 16. We have a mixed record under him, he's no Dublin Joe. We have also lost our last 7 games in Croke Park.

The whole match.
#newbridgeornowhere

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 10, 2018, 12:46:53 PM

The whole match.

Crikey, I can't recall ever seeing a team on the receiving 6 fouls in a match. I only watched the last 15 minutes of the first half and he gave Dublin everything.

Hound

Given Kildare scored 6 frees and a penalty, I think you can take Dinny's "stats" with a pinch of salt.
http://leinstergaa.ie/hyland-inspires-kildare-u-20-football-title/

Dinny Breen

Maybe if watched the game instead of flat earthing you would know Hyland scored 6 points from play. No need to apologise, stats here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/arantaobhline/status/1015404172672413697?s=19
#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 10, 2018, 01:50:57 PM
Maybe if watched the game instead of flat earthing you would know Hyland scored 6 points from play. No need to apologise, stats here.

Hmm, seems the 6-16 free count isnt the only error in the blue box in the top corner. Says only one point scored from frees in the whole game between the two teams!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 10, 2018, 12:04:30 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 10, 2018, 11:36:18 AM
Kildare virtually have home advantage here.

Yea we are unbeatable in Croke Park.

Ulster teams tend to open up more outside Ulster which should suit Kildare. An arm wrestle would suit Monaghan as McManus will be the best, best at winning frees and most  accurate forward on display. Nolan the referee allows a lot of physical contact though which will suit the Kildare backs who are a bit handsy.

Hard to know where Monaghan are but if allowed dictate the tempo I think Kildare can win by 2 or 3. Healy & Kelly making the difference of the bench.

Kelly went off injured late on in Navan. Big doubt for Sunday.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on July 10, 2018, 02:17:26 PM

Hmm, seems the 6-16 free count isnt the only error in the blue box in the top corner. Says only one point scored from frees in the whole game between the two teams!

Christ you are annoying, it's not an error, he corrected the scoreable frees later. Do you ever get tired of being wring all the time?

https://mobile.twitter.com/arantaobhline/status/1015528754918100992/photo/1
#newbridgeornowhere

inexile

I know everybody's saying that we eased off in the second-half on Saturday night against Fermanagh and this allowed Fermanagh to rack up a total of 18 points, but I don't see it that way. The way I see it is that the substitutions weakened the team and while the players kept trying we simply weren't strong enough to keep going at Fermanagh. The big problem as far as I could see was that from the time of the substitutions onwards, some of the subs didn't really perform and others started to carry the ball into tackles and lost it a good few times. I think if we are forced into substitutions early on on Sunday it will cost us big time.

Trying to find some stats online that might backup or rubbish what I'm saying above but can't find any.

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 10, 2018, 03:00:39 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 10, 2018, 02:17:26 PM

Christ you are annoying, it's not an error, he corrected the scoreable frees later. Do you ever get tired of being wring all the time?

https://mobile.twitter.com/arantaobhline/status/1015528754918100992/photo/1

Do I "ever get tired of being wring"? I really don't know!  ;D  Do you?

You send a wrong link and blame me for pointing out errors in it!

There's still an obvious error in the latest one too, so clearly unreliable. Don't believe everything you read on the internet  8)

Hound

Quote from: inexile on July 10, 2018, 03:15:21 PM
I know everybody's saying that we eased off in the second-half on Saturday night against Fermanagh and this allowed Fermanagh to rack up a total of 18 points, but I don't see it that way. The way I see it is that the substitutions weakened the team and while the players kept trying we simply weren't strong enough to keep going at Fermanagh. The big problem as far as I could see was that from the time of the substitutions onwards, some of the subs didn't really perform and others started to carry the ball into tackles and lost it a good few times. I think if we are forced into substitutions early on on Sunday it will cost us big time.

Trying to find some stats online that might backup or rubbish what I'm saying above but can't find any.
I think Healy has impressed when he came on in the last two games.
Presume none of the U20s came on v Ferm? Could be more of a temptation this week. Although still probably couldnt do it if they win the semi. 

Unlaoised

This has the potential to be a cracker.

Monaghan got it hard to shake of a stubborn Laois on Sunday but made it hard for the O'moores to get scores with their intensity in the tackle etc.

Kildare shipped 18 points to Fermanagh all be it when the game was won.

Looking at both games I think Monaghan will have too much for them.

The newbridge or nowhere thing has got the Lillys back on board tho for about 4 years the support had left them now they are fully back on the bandwagon and ready for croker Sunday!

LAOIS ABÚ

inexile

Quote from: Hound on July 10, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

Presume none of the U20s came on v Ferm? Could be more of a temptation this week. Although still probably couldnt do it if they win the semi.

Aaron ONeill and Jimmy Hyland were the two U20s that I saw. Neither played a part in the game. Fairest to leave them to the U20s I think.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: inexile on July 10, 2018, 05:26:09 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 10, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

Aaron ONeill and Jimmy Hyland were the two U20s that I saw. Neither played a part in the game. Fairest to leave them to the U20s I think.

Mark Dempsey was there and was listed and wore number 25. Curiously enough Cathal McNally was not named in the program but was also there and wearing 25.