Cork v Tyrone

Started by ONeill, July 02, 2018, 10:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

Kerry kicked 3 18 against them and we've already got more than that. Crazy how bad Cork are.

Shamrock Shore

It will be a long long time before Cork beat Kerry again in Munster.

I am nowhere near a tv feed but it sounds like they are dia-f**king-bolical.

Jayop

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 07, 2018, 06:33:53 PM
It will be a long long time before Cork beat Kerry again in Munster.

I am nowhere near a tv feed but it sounds like they are dia-f**king-bolical.

Tyrone playing well but Cork are useless. All they have to offer the last twenty is trying to hurt people.

befair

Why are Cork so poor; big playing population, great tradition, they should be competitive every year. They looked disorganised and demotivated. It does put Kerry's performance against them in perspective

Aaron Boone

Well done Tyrone. This time 4-weeks ago we were punch-drunk on the ropes in Navan. Funny old game.

omagh_gael

Job done and super 8s secured. Bradley back and Brennan shouldn't be far behind. We'll give it a rattle, anyway.

Over the Bar

Just like the humiliation of Armagh last year, Tyrone will have learned nothing from that. Would much have preferred a sterner test heading into the Super 8s.

redzone

Sludden again immense

yellowcard

Based on that match you would have to review how good Kerry's performance was in the Munster final. Cork are woeful as they showed in the last 2 matches.

Jayop

Quote from: redzone on July 07, 2018, 07:07:48 PM
Sludden again immense

Our best player now I think. Now more important than Harte.

I think that was the perfect type of game for Tyrone before the super 8. The team will be full of confidence next week against roscommon and we were able to take key players off early and give the likes of Bradley game time.

redzone

Quote from: yellowcard on July 07, 2018, 07:09:09 PM
Based on that match you would have to review how good Kerry's performance was in the Munster final. Cork are woeful as they showed in the last 2 matches.
Silly statement. Cork were woeful in that final. Could you not see that at the time.

yellowcard

Quote from: redzone on July 07, 2018, 07:17:10 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 07, 2018, 07:09:09 PM
Silly statement. Cork were woeful in that final. Could you not see that at the time.

No, but I can see it now after a defensive functional side like Tyrone racked up a huge score against them. At the time I thought that Kerry gave the most impressive performance of any side this season but that performance has to be reviewed in hindsight given how poor Cork looked today.

Captain Obvious

First time I have seen Cork live in person for a number of years. I can't understand how a side with their pick and tradition can be so woeful now.

Jayop

It's kinda funny how when Kerry hockey them it's because Kerry are an amazing attacking side but when they we score even more against them it's purely down to Cork being shite.

Tyrone had the second highest average score last season. Tyrone have been a high scoring team for several years.

Baggio90

We were horrible in the first half but really pushed on at the start of the second half and finished the game swiftly.

Colm Cavanagh, Harte and Sludden were all excellent, encouraging to see Harte back to form after a poor 2018 to date. Good to see Bradley back and I think we needed a comprehensive win to regain a bit of confidence in the qualifiers.

Thought Rory Brennan looked very sharp when he came on.

Mattie had a very quite game.