Cork v Tyrone

Started by ONeill, July 02, 2018, 10:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

I believe Cork have a lot of big, strong fellas this year.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

omagh_gael

The winner of this tie, in my opinion, have got a great chance in super 8s. If I could have chosen a draw I'd have picked cork. Not because they're a soft touch but if you get through we'll meet Ros or Armagh in red 1 and (most importantly) get a home tie v Dublin. *If* you can get through in second place you'll miss the Dubs in semis.

Lots of miles to get there but may as well dream big. Bring it on!!

rrhf

I'd agree with that. But by God we owe them cork ones.

ziggysego

Tough aul game this one, but sure when you're facing down the barrel of the Super 8, it'll test us rightly. I'd guess venue will be Portlaoise.
Testing Accessibility

WT4E

It'll be on the box id say - RTE or SKY?

Hopefully atmosphere be better than brewster - from the box you could here the players calling the ball!!!!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: ziggysego on July 02, 2018, 11:46:59 AM
Tough aul game this one, but sure when you're facing down the barrel of the Super 8, it'll test us rightly. I'd guess venue will be Portlaoise.

McHale Parks Free   :D
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jayop on July 02, 2018, 10:47:16 AM
Great tie isn't it. That super 8 group is an absolute shark tank and very hard to call the second team in at the moment.
Could have situation of 3 teams on 2 points and the team that finishes 2nd will have got the closest to Dublin

GetOverTheBar

Tyrone to get through, just about. Cork will do well to recover from that tanking last time out. Neither team will do anything in the Super 8's.

Jayop

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 02, 2018, 12:47:50 PM
Tyrone to get through, just about. Cork will do well to recover from that tanking last time out. Neither team will do anything in the Super 8's.

Hard to agree with that. I'd expect Tyrone to beat the other qualifier team and with Donegal losing McBrearty they're not as big a threat. We've also beaten them the last two times we met in big games. Dublin you'd expect to beat anyone so that's hardly fair to use against tyrone.

Honestly. I now fully hope for Tyrone to get to a semi final against kerry or Galway.

seafoid

Tyronie comments look very sophisticated in French :

omagh_gael
Membre de héros

' 03, ' 05 + ' 08... pas mal !
Re : Liège v Tyrone

Jinxy does too. Of course the Meath accent is mostly Norman

Jinxy
Membre de héros

View Profile

Re : Liège v Tyrone

« Réponse #15 le : Aujourd'hui à 10:53:33 »

Je crois que Cork ont beaucoup de gars grands et forts cette année.

Si vous étiez toute utilisation que vous allaient jouer.

« Réponse #16 le : Aujourd'hui à 10:54:40 »

Le gagnant de ce lien, à mon avis, ont eu une grande chance dans super 8 s. Si j'aurais pu choisir un tirage au sort j'aurais pris Liège. Pas parce qu'ils ont un toucher doux, mais si vous passer à travers, nous allons rencontrer Ros ou Armagh en rouge 1 et (surtout) obtenir un match à domicile v Dublin. * If * vous pouvez obtenir par en second lieu vous raterez les Dubs en demi-finales.

Beaucoup de milles pour y arriver mais peut aussi bien rêve gros. Apportez-le !!
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dire Ear

Quote from: ziggysego on July 02, 2018, 11:46:59 AM
Think it is. Ros Arma at 5, Tyrone Cork at 7

Jinxy

Come in out of the sun, Seafoid.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 02, 2018, 10:54:40 AM
The winner of this tie, in my opinion, have got a great chance in super 8s. If I could have chosen a draw I'd have picked cork. Not because they're a soft touch but if you get through we'll meet Ros or Armagh in red 1 and (most importantly) get a home tie v Dublin. *If* you can get through in second place you'll miss the Dubs in semis.

Lots of miles to get there but may as well dream big. Bring it on!!

Given you're likely to be trimmed by Dublin again it would have been much better not to have your game burnt by being against Dublin. The winners of Roscommon/Armagh get a home game against Donegal and an away game to Dublin.

Dire Ear

Quote from: ONeill on July 02, 2018, 03:56:36 PM
5pm?
Yip,  RTE had it wrong earlier
SATURDAY 7 JULY

All-Ireland SFC Round 4 qualifiers
Roscommon v Armagh, O'Moore Park, 3pm
Cork v Tyrone, O'Moore Park, 5pm
Fermanagh v Kildare, Páirc Tailteann, 7pm