Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mup on June 25, 2018, 09:57:03 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 09:53:55 AM
Quote from: mup on June 25, 2018, 09:47:28 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 09:45:13 AM
Capacity for Newbridge is set for approx 8k. Kildare have tried to get H&S to push this out to 10K with little success.

Mayo would bring 10K on their own.

The GAA will try and move this to Portlaoise or Tullamore. The Kildare CB are jellyfish so it will be moved.

As DH said the Derby is on late Saturday afternoon.

Newbridge for the football, Kildare Town for the craic afterwards, would be a great Saturday evening.

Are you serious?

Unless they have had a spine transplant, watch how it plays out, Kildare will be incentivised to move it, probably behind close doors. The only thing the KCB care about is €€€€. Remember the Limerick game a few years ago.

They should be ashamed if they agree to move it.

They need to show some balls like Roscommon.
#newbridgeornowhere

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 25, 2018, 09:52:50 AM
It would be a pain in the bollix with traffic. Not sure I've ever been to a match in Tullamore
You didn't attend the All Ireland U21 semi final in 2016 or All Ireland minor quarter final 2013 there?  Kildare were already beaten in Tullamore this year by Carlow and will hardly be in a hurry to go back to that venue?

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

mup

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 10:03:05 AM
Quote from: mup on June 25, 2018, 09:57:03 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 09:53:55 AM
Quote from: mup on June 25, 2018, 09:47:28 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 09:45:13 AM
Capacity for Newbridge is set for approx 8k. Kildare have tried to get H&S to push this out to 10K with little success.

Mayo would bring 10K on their own.

The GAA will try and move this to Portlaoise or Tullamore. The Kildare CB are jellyfish so it will be moved.

As DH said the Derby is on late Saturday afternoon.

Newbridge for the football, Kildare Town for the craic afterwards, would be a great Saturday evening.

Are you serious?

Unless they have had a spine transplant, watch how it plays out, Kildare will be incentivised to move it, probably behind close doors. The only thing the KCB care about is €€€€. Remember the Limerick game a few years ago.

They should be ashamed if they agree to move it.

They need to show some balls like Roscommon.

Tullamore it is so.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 25, 2018, 10:09:00 AM
It would be a pain in the bollix with traffic. Not sure I've ever been to a match in Tullamore
You didn't attend the All Ireland U21 semi final in 2016 or All Ireland minor quarter final 2013 there?  Kildare were already beaten in Tullamore this year by Carlow and will hardly be in a hurry to go back to that venue?

That was an anomaly, our record in Tullamore is decent enough in recent years, including two good wins last years against Laois and Meath.
#newbridgeornowhere

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 10:12:04 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 25, 2018, 10:09:00 AM

That was an anomaly, our record in Tullamore is decent enough in recent years, including two good wins last years against Laois and Meath.

:o
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Crete Boom

Kildare played Tyrone there in 2013 didn't they? Wasn't there pressure on the CB to move that qualifier to a bigger venue and they didn't. If all the season ticket holders can be accomodated then it should be in Newbridge in my opinion.

macdanger2

Spineless from kildare CB if they allow this to be moved

sans pessimism

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 25, 2018, 10:11:07 AM
Who did we play in the U-21 semi?
Dublin-DOC won it on his own that day
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 25, 2018, 10:18:18 AM

Have you been to Newbridge? ???

Rossfan

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 25, 2018, 10:18:18 AM

I presume the 4Cs will fix it and KCB can lump it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

it would be a mad decision to play it in newbridge . Mayo could easily bring 10-12 K on there own and thrown in a good crowd for kildare too on a hot day  ive seen much smaller games played in Croke park .
poty there isn't another leinster team to share a double header,
Leitrim monaghan maybe?  would eaily have 30K 35K
though newbridge is after tullamore about the closet thing to a home game as I could get
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jinxy

Why would Kildare care about any of that?
They're trying to win the game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 25, 2018, 10:11:07 AM
Who did we play in the U-21 semi?
Dublin. I take it you have no interest in underage games so.

ballinaman