Are the proposed Age limit changes another example of County 1st and Club 2nd?

Started by Belfast GAA man, February 01, 2018, 02:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Can anyone tell me how an u20 grade with an u17 will help clubs?

At county level it suits but an u20 team will surely be a problem for Reserve and Senior teams. Players who have made the senior team may not want to play u20. If playing u20 and senior is there not a burn out issue?

Love to see a document showing the benefits of the changes for clubs - anyone have one?

johnneycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 01, 2018, 02:04:08 PM

At county level it suits but an u20 team will surely be a problem for Reserve and Senior teams. Players who have made the senior team may not want to play u20. If playing u20 and senior is there not a burn out issue?

Love to see a document showing the benefits of the changes for clubs - anyone have one?

In terms of clubs that I know there's no difference in U21 or U20 as there's always issues due to the overlap into senior adult teams.

Is there any counties that actually run an U20/U21 club league as any I know only really run this agegroup off as a knockout championship either at the start of the year or the end of the year?

magpie seanie

It's a very difficult competition to run so it's usually fitted in at the very start or very end of the season, in a knock out format so half the clubs get only one game.

Personally I think the changes are nuts.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: johnneycool on February 01, 2018, 02:58:12 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 01, 2018, 02:04:08 PM

In terms of clubs that I know there's no difference in U21 or U20 as there's always issues due to the overlap into senior adult teams.

Is there any counties that actually run an U20/U21 club league as any I know only really run this agegroup off as a knockout championship either at the start of the year or the end of the year?
In Ulster counties the proposals are to have u13,u15,u17 and u20 league and championships and I can't see the postives hence this post - also we are getting a lack of clarity about what is complusory and what is optional - just the message its happening anyway so we may as well do it... >:(