2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on March 19, 2018, 10:21:19 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 19, 2018, 10:09:00 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 19, 2018, 09:54:56 AM
Galway are still 15/8 to beat Mayo  in May . Have the bookies lost the plot.

Takes alot for league form to affect championship odds.

True but they havent their ear to the ground either. These injuries added to the ones we have already have put an end to any last bit of hope we have this year .

https://youtu.be/AeOZmhl6n1I

In reality Mayo and the all Ireland are like the Soviets at Stalingrad. One last push

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

joemamas

Quote from: larryin89 on March 19, 2018, 10:21:19 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 19, 2018, 10:09:00 AM

Takes alot for league form to affect championship odds.

True but they havent their ear to the ground either. These injuries added to the ones we have already have put an end to any last bit of hope we have this year .

Captain obvious, can you please take a break with all the negativity.
This group have been "tired" since they came back and beat Cork in Q/final in 2014.

The Hill is Blue

League and Championship have always been two different beasts. As they say, May will be a whole new ball game and I'd rate it a 50/50 game.

I was very happy with the Dubs performance yesterday. At half time I was confident that we would take it, but fair dues to Galway they hung on for the draw. We've been hearing through the league that Galway have developed a hard edge but they must learn that if you dish it out you must be ready to take it.

Looking forward to the final.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Maroon Manc

Probably the most pleasing aspect from yesterday is that despite making so many changes Galway remained very competitive and that Galway managed to get the draw when it looked like they were beaten.

I'd say Andy Moran will receive no more punishment, any news on the injury to Lee Keegan?

I assumed it was just a matter of time for Keith Higgins but was told yesterday he was on the radio recently saying he's not made up his mind whether he'll stay with the hurlers, is that true?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 19, 2018, 02:32:59 PM
Probably the most pleasing aspect from yesterday is that despite making so many changes Galway remained very competitive and that Galway managed to get the draw when it looked like they were beaten.

I'd say Andy Moran will receive no more punishment, any news on the injury to Lee Keegan?

I assumed it was just a matter of time for Keith Higgins but was told yesterday he was on the radio recently saying he's not made up his mind whether he'll stay with the hurlers, is that true?
I haven't heard this but I'd respect his right to do whatever he pleases.
It would be a tremendous loss to the footballers if he opts for the small ball, not least because it would mean that it would mean that he had (has?) no confidence in Mayo going the whole way this year. It worries me that he did say a long time ago that hurling was his preferred sport. This was back in O'Mahony's time when he, same as now, didn't turn up for the football.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 19, 2018, 09:37:40 AM
Quote from: tippabu on March 19, 2018, 07:06:33 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on March 19, 2018, 12:17:10 AM
Seems like Mattie Donnelly was allowed the freedom of the pitch today, class player like that needs more attention ffs. Parsons seemed to be his man but looked like he struggled (from the highlights)

Andy should get 12 weeks but will probably get off as the ref dealt with it. Cavanagh's black shouldn't have been anything. Boyle's first was probably a red. Tyrone player's red was a very dirty challenge

Agree with that assessment, Andy moran should get the same punishment that connolly and comerford got last year for altercations with an official. Cavanaghs black was baffling, probably a call made from the linesman rather than deegan given he was right beside it. Boyle and mcnultys challenges were almost identical

Boyle and McNulty challenge were not near identical. McNultys was a challenge going for the ball, I'm not even sure he saw Keegan coming. Boyles was a late hit long after the ball was gone.
McNulty led with the elbow. Both were trampish tackles
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 19, 2018, 06:02:36 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 19, 2018, 09:37:40 AM
Quote from: tippabu on March 19, 2018, 07:06:33 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on March 19, 2018, 12:17:10 AM
Seems like Mattie Donnelly was allowed the freedom of the pitch today, class player like that needs more attention ffs. Parsons seemed to be his man but looked like he struggled (from the highlights)

Andy should get 12 weeks but will probably get off as the ref dealt with it. Cavanagh's black shouldn't have been anything. Boyle's first was probably a red. Tyrone player's red was a very dirty challenge

Agree with that assessment, Andy moran should get the same punishment that connolly and comerford got last year for altercations with an official. Cavanaghs black was baffling, probably a call made from the linesman rather than deegan given he was right beside it. Boyle and mcnultys challenges were almost identical

Boyle and McNulty challenge were not near identical. McNultys was a challenge going for the ball, I'm not even sure he saw Keegan coming. Boyles was a late hit long after the ball was gone.
McNulty led with the elbow. Both were trampish tackles

+1

Tymoanies trying to play up Boyle's and at the same time play down McNulty's need to check themselves.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 19, 2018, 12:58:49 PM

League and Championship have always been two different beasts. As they say, May will be a whole new ball game and I'd rate it a 50/50 game.

I was very happy with the Dubs performance yesterday. At half time I was confident that we would take it, but fair dues to Galway they hung on for the draw. We've been hearing through the league that Galway have developed a hard edge but they must learn that if you dish it out you must be ready to take it.

Once it doesn't include the opposition sideline dishing it out of course, no?

seafoid

It has been an unexpected d1. Most people would have thought Kerry and Tyrone would have put it up to Dublin with Galway for the chop. And very few would have predicted Mayo and Donegal battling it out to avoid relegation.  What it all means for the championship, if it means anything,  is the big question.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 19, 2018, 09:03:08 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 19, 2018, 12:58:49 PM

Once it doesn't include the opposition sideline dishing it out of course, no?
It was funny to hear Spillane remark on league Sunday that Sherlock was just "playing peacemaker" 😂
Peacemaker my hole. He was the cause of the whole row that time not any player.

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on March 19, 2018, 09:40:01 PM
It has been an unexpected d1. Most people would have thought Kerry and Tyrone would have put it up to Dublin with Galway for the chop. And very few would have predicted Mayo and Donegal battling it out to avoid relegation. What it all means for the championship, if it means anything,  is the big question.

:o

You really are living in a parallel universe to everyone else.

From the Bunker

It has been an unexpected d1. Most people would have thought Kerry and Tyrone would have put it up to Dublin with Galway for the chop. And very few would have predicted Mayo and Donegal battling it out to avoid relegation.  What it all means for the championship, if it means anything,  is the big question.

Kildare as expected are relegated. Dublin as expected are in the league final. Tyrone and Kerry were expected to survive. Mayo as expected leave all their eggs in the last game basket. Monaghan as expected did what they had to do. All you are left with are Galway - who to be fair have been a surprise. And Donegal who have been unpredictable the last couple of years.

So I suppose from a Galway perspective it has been unexpected, but the rest lies with the usual run of the mill!

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 19, 2018, 09:47:03 PM

Kildare as expected are relegated. Dublin as expected are in the league final. Tyrone and Kerry were expected to survive. Mayo as expected leave all their eggs in the last game basket. Monaghan as expected did what they had to do. All you are left with are Galway - who to be fair have been a surprise. And Donegal who have been unpredictable the last couple of years.

So I suppose from a Galway perspective it has been unexpected, but the rest lies with the usual run of the mill!

When I heard Galway had been training hard since early November it was obvious what they were trying to do. The reason Mayo still remain warm favourites for the May meeting is that few are genuinely fooled by the illusions cast by spring football.

J70

No surprise that Donegal are in trouble, especially with the injury problems over the last couple of games. The inexperience in the squad and possibly (in comparison to what went before) relative lack of talent is something that has to be worked on and cannot be helped. But the biggest surprise is the poor defensive performance. No one wants to revert to the ultra-negative stuff that Rory Gallagher often engaged in, but this issue of opposition players repeatedly charging through one-on-one with the keeper without a hand laid on them, with everyone turned and chasing towards their own goal, has to be sorted out.

I know Mayo are struggling too, but I will be very surprised if our Ballybofey record is still standing next Sunday evening.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on March 18, 2018, 11:10:36 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 18, 2018, 03:32:28 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 12, 2018, 12:59:40 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 11, 2018, 09:47:47 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 05, 2018, 04:42:43 PM
Predictions

Dublin to beat Kerry
A narrow win for Tyrone v Donegal
Galway and Monaghan to draw a low scoring match
Mayo to beat Kildare

Not too far away. :)

Quote from: cornetto on March 06, 2018, 03:40:46 PM
Kildare v mayo could be the game of the weekend,it's do or die for kildare,a win gives them a chance while mayo have the cushion of Tyrone at home in there next match to garner a minimum 4pts.i expect Galway to beat Monahan in a tight game what odds on both finishing with 15?
Wins for Dublin and donegal.

Don't give up the day-job! ;)
Though Tyrone are more of a hedgehog than a cushion, Mayo will surely langer Tyrone senseless in the next round.
FoSB ??
a tyronite  who finally emerges , throwing shapes, after cowering in some some dark hole for months on end until rescued by Tyrone coming out on top in a relegation dogfight :)

Run that one by me once again, why don't you?::P
Perhaps I was a bit distracted in wondering who would emerge as Monaghan's semi final opponent in Ulster this year. I think it's going to be too close to call between Fermanagh and Armagh.

Yeah, yadda, yadda, yadda -- keep feeding those delusions and sure you never where they might eventually deliver you. Give seafoid a shout if you need safe deliverance, a more than willing assistant I'm sure, if you can decipher his oft-times nonsense. :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...