St James Gaels/An Caislean 2018 Dublin 12

Started by Gael85, December 04, 2017, 10:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

St James Gaels/An Caislean have 2 teams and always looking for new players. We are located in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Rd 10/15 drive from city centre Our Junior A team plays in Division 7 and Junior B is Division 11. Training will commence early January in Iveagh Grounds.

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact or email aaronirl@hotmail.com

Gael85

St James Gaels back training Sunday morning at 11 in Iveagh Grounds

Dinny Breen

All those development funds and GAA clubs in Dublin recruiting like Rugby clubs  :-\
#newbridgeornowhere

Gael85

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 03, 2018, 04:20:16 PM
All those development funds and GAA clubs in Dublin recruiting like Rugby clubs  :-\

Were a small club keeping the show going.  As the super clubs continue to grow the small club are battling against the odds. To me county board does little to promote  GAA in inner city

Avondhu star

Quote from: Gael85 on January 03, 2018, 05:14:31 PM

Were a small club keeping the show going.  As the super clubs continue to grow the small club are battling against the odds. To me county board does little to promote  GAA in inner city

Exactly. This club is up against Good Counsel and Crumlin when trying to get players. There are whole stretches of the inner city where young people aren't given the chance to play Gaelic games. If James Gaels An Caislean go there is no guarantee the kids will go to Crumlin etc
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Gael85

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 03, 2018, 06:32:56 PM

Exactly. This club is up against Good Counsel and Crumlin when trying to get players. There are whole stretches of the inner city where young people aren't given the chance to play Gaelic games. If James Gaels An Caislean go there is no guarantee the kids will go to Crumlin etc

Even Counsel and Crumlin are struggling. Counsel got promoted to D3 last year but will struggle when current cycle players finish. Crumlin àre concentrating on hurling. Robert Emmets won't have adult team for 4 years

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Gael85 on January 03, 2018, 06:43:25 PM

Even Counsel and Crumlin are struggling. Counsel got promoted to D3 last year but will struggle when current cycle players finish. Crumlin àre concentrating on hurling. Robert Emmets won't have adult team for 4 years

My tongue was firmly in my cheek but it's exactly these kind of clubs that should get an increase in funding not the behemoths. I have yet to see figures that demonstrate an increased rate in participation, retention and an new clubs coming into existence. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Avondhu star

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 04, 2018, 11:05:31 AM
Quote from: Gael85 on January 03, 2018, 06:43:25 PM

My tongue was firmly in my cheek but it's exactly these kind of clubs that should get an increase in funding not the behemoths. I have yet to see figures that demonstrate an increased rate in participation, retention and an new clubs coming into existence.
Looking at Ballyboden for example the bird has flown as there is no playing fields available now between Rathfarnham and Bohernabreena. Boden has what is available so thats that. Adamstown out in the west is a new club. Castleknock and Peregrines have come on well but thats about it.

Orchard park

Adamstown is no more, Lucan have their pitches I believe.

heffo

Quote from: Orchard park on January 04, 2018, 10:43:30 PM

Adamstown folded about nine years ago after a serious post game assault by one of their players on an opposition player

manfromdelmonte

well a lot of the 'casual GAA' clubs that used to use the parks to play have now folded
eg Park Rangers

heffo

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 05, 2018, 01:56:31 PM
well a lot of the 'casual GAA' clubs that used to use the parks to play have now folded
eg Park Rangers

Park Strangers amalgamated with Liffey Gaels

On the other hand, similar culchie clubs like Ranelagh Gaels, Na Gael Óga & Realt Dearg are going really well

TheGreatest

Quote from: heffo on January 05, 2018, 03:05:28 PM
eg Park Rangers

On the other hand, similar culchie clubs like Ranelagh Gaels, Na Gael Óga & Realt Dearg are going really well

St Brendan's to that list too, doing very well, now starting up women's teams and juvenile teams. Brendan the old grangegorman mental institution nurses team,.

Avondhu star

Quote from: heffo on January 05, 2018, 10:16:44 AM
Quote from: Orchard park on January 04, 2018, 10:43:30 PM

Adamstown folded about nine years ago after a serious post game assault by one of their players on an opposition player
I am sorry to hear that about Adamstown as the last time I was working that stretch one of the lads was very involved but does that mean Lucan are going to control everything in that area?

Avondhu star

Quote from: heffo on January 05, 2018, 03:05:28 PM
eg Park Rangers

While Ranelagh Gaels might be regarded as a "culchie club" before and  operating out of a pub they have a number of juvenile teams now. A lot of the properties in Ranelagh, Rathmines which were flats are now family homes and Ranelagh Gaels are trying to build a club around those families